ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-08-2024, 04:13 PM

If they don't tag Pittman he may be gone. Say's he owes it to himself to test free agency.

https://horseshoeheroes.com/posts/mi...ynM-w0ZyTWyfr4
Colts And Orioles (01-08-2024), Dewey 5 (01-08-2024), Hoopsdoc (01-08-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 04:22 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,271 Times in 2,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post

If they don't tag Pittman, he may be gone ...... he says that he owes it to himself to test free agency.

o

Good info ...... not necessarily that info that I wanted to hear, but good info nonetheless.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-08-2024, 05:03 PM

Thanked 1,664 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
If they don't tag Pittman he may be gone. Say's he owes it to himself to test free agency.

We'll see if he changes his tune, but so far he has never shown any signs of sounding disgruntled. Even about the possibility of being tagged didn't induce a combative response despite the fact that nobody wants a 1-year deal.

I think every player/agent gets as much information as possible. It's up to the Colts to bring him back.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-08-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
We'll see if he changes his tune, but so far he has never shown any signs of sounding disgruntled. Even about the possibility of being tagged didn't induce a combative response despite the fact that nobody wants a 1-year deal.

I think every player/agent gets as much information as possible. It's up to the Colts to bring him back.
I liked his response to playing under the tag. heck yea, who wouldn't play for 23 mil for a season. I think he is telling the Colts, if I stay its gonna hurt.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:34 PM

Thanked 4,412 Times in 2,533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Wow, this may have been posted somewhere previously and if so, sorry for not picking up on it. Collins was targeted 9 times, caught 9 passes for 195. That's it, that's the end, no way you keep Gus Bradley after that- and I don't give a F if it was me out there at CB---- he was the ONLY thing you had do game plan for in the pass receiving scheme and you let him do that---- nope, F that, DC must go after that type of bullshit in the biggest game of the year.
BB would never let that happen, guaranteed. He always took away the top offensive threat. That is why he won so many SBs
ChoppedWood (01-08-2024), Colts And Orioles (01-08-2024), Dewey 5 (01-08-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 06:41 PM

Thanked 1,572 Times in 893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Nabers or Odunze should be sitting there- we have to take one of those two. This team demonstrated with Steichen at the helm, it could manufacture points with a very limited set of playmakers starting with a pop-gun QB, give Steichen AR with Pittman, Downs, one of those two and likely Pierce, this thing could be stupid explosive.
I'd prefer Wiggins or Mckinstry, and at least one of them should be there at 15. Grab Walker from UNC in the second round.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:49 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,660 Times in 960 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
BB would never let that happen, guaranteed. He always took away the top offensive threat. That is why he won so many SBs
Well, that and rampant cheating.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (01-08-2024), Indystu2 (02-04-2024), Racehorse (01-08-2024), Thorgrim (01-08-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 07:35 PM

Thanked 1,339 Times in 755 Posts

Here's what I'd like to see us do in the offseason on top of re-signing our own (w/ MPJ being the highest priority followed by Grover, Moore, and Blackmon):

- Add a starting outside CB to go along w/ Brents. Keep Flowers and Jones as depth and push Baker to either the bottom of the depth chart or off the roster.

- Add at least 1 WR, if not 2. Would be good to bring in/draft someone to compete w/ Pierce, but at least bring in a couple of decent WRs for depth.

- Add more pass rush via the draft or FA.

- Add NT depth. Our run D really went to shit without Grover.

- Add at Safety. Cross showed why he still remains a project and Thomas took a step back this year. Would be great to bring in a starter, but if nothing else add some depth.

- IOL depth.

As for the draft I'd like to see us go w/ BPA at CB/WR/DE or maybe S if there's a special talent that falls in our lap with our 1st pick.
Old 01-08-2024, 07:42 PM

Thanked 1,664 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Look at the sack leaderboard list. Aside from seeing why Justin Madubuike is about to get PAID, you'll see that many of those players were drafted much later than the top 15. Lots are actually late 3rd/early 4th round picks, oddly enough. Maybe it would be better to pay Danielle Hunter and draft Malik Nabers, if he's available, that is.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. Although, the thing for me is... well a couple of things...

For one, as I've said a bunch of times on these boards: I think sacks can be among the most misleading stats in football. Not that I think they're useless. I just think they require a lot of context.

Especially if we're looking at a single given year. We see guys all the time have an outlier year and then return to their own status quo. If I looked at the leaderboard last year, I'd see 3rd-rounder Alex Highsmith with 14.5 sacks. He came back to Earth this year and now 3/4 of his seasons of 2, 6, and 7 sacks.

But, anyway, to your point... Guys like Hendrickson and Crosby are 3rd/4th-rounders that are yearly problems from OC's. Those are the guys that worry you, just like the scary 1st-rounders. Even Chris Jones was a 2nd-rounder. So they can be found. But the odds are low even for 1st-rounders, so it's only less likely you find the next Hendrickson. But shit, even Hendrickson didn't blow up until year-4.

Just for shits... a quick count from the top 23 sack guys (the double digit guys)... I think I counted 14 1st-rounders, with 11 of those being top-15 (maybe top-13, can't remember) guys. Like two 2nd's, five 3rd/4th's, a 7th and an undrafted. For whatever that's worth.

When I look into it, I usually end up in the same place... these fuckers are hard to find.
Old 01-08-2024, 09:54 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Well, that and rampant cheating.
His defenses, even to this day, have always been built around individual game designs and negating your biggest weapon. He forced you as a staff to figure out how to win games with your B guys.

Gus Bradley does nothing of the sort. Same damn game plan regardless of the opposing QB and receiving corps on the opposing side of the ball. Since he has been here we have constantly been on here bitching about the stupid completion percentages over and over, and it never fucking changes no matter what the fucking lame ass QB name is opposite us. Over a long enough period of time- which he has had- the issue becomes the scheme and all the excuses about injuries, lack of effective DE's, etc... become just that excuses. Gus Bradley is like the antithesis of Steichen- no creativity and very fucking conservative. We need a change!
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (01-08-2024)