ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-28-2018, 03:27 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
No one gets excited for a zone corner in the top 10.

And the Cowboys didn't play exclusive or even primary zone under Marinelli. They mixed their coverages. I expect Eberflus will do the same.
It’ll be a mix, but I agree that the value of a corner is lower in this system. LBs who can both cover and play the run are more important, which is why I think Smith is the 4th player.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:28 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
It’ll be a mix, but I agree that the value of a corner is lower in this system. LBs who can both cover and play the run are more important, which is why I think Smith is the 4th player.
Smith would be great.

But, this is another instance, just like when Freeney was drafted. If this is your guy, that you really have a conviction in, then you don't fuck around trading back. You take him at #6 and let the critics keep spouting off about value.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-28-2018)
Old 03-28-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
Smith would be great.

But, this is another instance, just like when Freeney was drafted. If this is your guy, that you really have a conviction in, then you don't fuck around trading back. You take him at #6 and let the critics keep spouting off about value.
If it were me, Chubb was off the board and Nelson was available, I'd see what the Bears would offer to move up. They really want a guard and they have shown a willingness to overpay to move up and get the player they want. Then I would go with Smith at #8.
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (03-28-2018)
Old 03-28-2018, 08:07 PM

Point #4 above should put to bed the idea of drafting/signing 3+ high profile O-linemen.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
It's probably Fitzpatrick. We saw with Malik Hooker last year that Ballard loves ballhawking, playmaking, rangy safeties.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:01 PM

With Dez Bryant being released by the Cowboys today, is there any interest from the Colts? He is not the dominant player he used to be, but i suspect he would step straight into the 2nd receiver role. It will be interesting to see what money he is looking for, but he could be an excellent pickup in my opinion. And would again allow us to concentrate on other positions in the draft early, and leave WR to a mid or late round selection.
The Following User Says Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
With Dez Bryant being released by the Cowboys today, is there any interest from the Colts? He is not the dominant player he used to be, but i suspect he would step straight into the 2nd receiver role. It will be interesting to see what money he is looking for, but he could be an excellent pickup in my opinion. And would again allow us to concentrate on other positions in the draft early, and leave WR to a mid or late round selection.
Colts won't be interested. By the time the Colts are hoping to contend, Bryant would be even further in decline. Take the next 2 years and play 21-24 year-olds who can be peaking at the time you hope to contend.

That last sentence is Ballard's strategy in a nutshell. While I agree with the philosophy, I would have preferred 1-2 bigger UFA acquisitions to stabilize certain parts of the roster. Oh well, he's going all in with the draft and develop approach. It just adds a little more risk.

Last edited by VeveJones007; 04-13-2018 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:21 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
I sure as hell hope not. Cowboys didn't even try to lower his pay, just flat out released him and the Cowboys aren't exactly overflowing with great receivers. Dez looked horrible last year, seems like he can't catch worth a shit anymore.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:25 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I sure as hell hope not. Cowboys didn't even try to lower his pay, just flat out released him and the Cowboys aren't exactly overflowing with great receivers. Dez looked horrible last year, seems like he can't catch worth a shit anymore.
or seperate. no thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Spike (04-13-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 04:37 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
or seperate. no thanks.
Exactly, don't need that prima donna POS on the Colts.