ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-15-2022, 05:00 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Why announce it? If Ryan goes down or plays so poorly he has to be replaced, just put the guy in you want, you don't need to declare it before the game that I am aware of....
Desperation? Fans losing interest? I wouldn't have announced it, but maybe Ehlinger gives fans a ray of hope where there currently is none. It won't matter with that o-line though.
Old 10-15-2022, 05:36 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Looking at this board it is clear that fans have lost interest. It is a dead board for being in the middle of a season. I still follow and root but with absolutely no enthusiasm or emotion. I feel like I have been a fool, rooting and actually believing in Ballard/Reich regime. I got that Ballard felt that with an ok QB you could still do great things if you had a solid team. The one thing I was convinced that Ballard was good at was putting together an offensive line, it was crap when he got here and really improved those first few years. Then last year there was a little slippage only to collapse this year. Ballard made the wrong call at LT last year and doubled down this year. He has spent more money on this line than anyone in football and we have one of the worst lines in football-so much for his genius at managing the cap-he has spent incredibly unwisely on this line. He did the same thing at QB, although I will say that the only reason Ryan has been this bad is the offensive line. All of this regressing in players and units I was counting on (and players who are supposedly in their prime) makes believing in anything this regime does very difficult for me right now. Sucks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (10-16-2022)
Old 10-15-2022, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Yeah, barring a genuine miracle, the season is a waste anyway because of the line.

Might as well tinker.

I want Kelly and Smith cut after the season. Seriously.
I agree with half of this...keep Smith for a while longer.
Old 10-15-2022, 10:55 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
We just passed Absurd to Ludicrous speed, next stop Plaid.
Why? The line has been bad at pass blocking since last season. This year, they can’t run OR pass block.

They’re LITERALLY costing the team games.

Why do you support paying players who don’t produce? Do you think Belichick would do that? Hell no.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (10-16-2022)
Old 10-15-2022, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckColt View Post
I agree with half of this...keep Smith for a while longer.
They moved Smith from tackle to guard and replaced him with Matt Freaking Pryor. That tells you all you need to know about how they think he’s performing. He’s sure as hell not worth the money he’s making.
Old 10-15-2022, 11:10 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Why?

Are they playing up to the level of their contracts? Hell no.

So why keep them?

Either draft someone or sign someone. They’re paying premium prices for dogshit production.

If nothing else, it sends a message. These guys are either severely overpaid for how good they are or they started coasting once they got paid.

Either way, they need to go.
If something needs changing now would be the line coach. Change the messenger, see if they can find away to put the unit back together. They know how to play, getting them on the same page is still possible.

I’m no expert on the cap, but they cant just cut them without cap hits.
Old 10-16-2022, 12:12 AM

Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Why? The line has been bad at pass blocking since last season. This year, they can’t run OR pass block.

They’re LITERALLY costing the team games.

Why do you support paying players who don’t produce? Do you think Belichick would do that? Hell no.
I didn't say any of that, I just find your temper tantrum hilarious, so I made a reference to one of the silliest movies of all time.
Old 10-16-2022, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Looking at this board it is clear that fans have lost interest. It is a dead board for being in the middle of a season. I still follow and root but with absolutely no enthusiasm or emotion. I feel like I have been a fool, rooting and actually believing in Ballard/Reich regime. I got that Ballard felt that with an ok QB you could still do great things if you had a solid team. The one thing I was convinced that Ballard was good at was putting together an offensive line, it was crap when he got here and really improved those first few years. Then last year there was a little slippage only to collapse this year. Ballard made the wrong call at LT last year and doubled down this year. He has spent more money on this line than anyone in football and we have one of the worst lines in football-so much for his genius at managing the cap-he has spent incredibly unwisely on this line. He did the same thing at QB, although I will say that the only reason Ryan has been this bad is the offensive line. All of this regressing in players and units I was counting on (and players who are supposedly in their prime) makes believing in anything this regime does very difficult for me right now. Sucks.
What I've never understood is not addressing LT. If I remember correctly there were indications that Castonzo was going to retire ahead of time. This has been one of my bigger disappointments with Ballard.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Voosh For This Useful Post:
Brylok (10-16-2022), Oldcolt (10-16-2022)
Old 10-16-2022, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I didn't say any of that, I just find your temper tantrum hilarious, so I made a reference to one of the silliest movies of all time.
That’s fair.

It may be a temper tantrum but it seriously pisses me off.
Old 10-16-2022, 05:19 AM

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,218 Posts

I have not seen anywhere that the Colts officially announced Ehlinger being promoted to #2?

Colts unofficial depth chart still lists Foles as #2. Reich made no mention of it in Friday's presser, did he?

Seems like a Scoop by Chappy, maybe his first.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (10-16-2022), Colts And Orioles (10-16-2022)