ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Should Frank be fired if we lose to the Jags this Sunday?
Yes 5 11.90%
No 15 35.71%
Not ready to fire him but will be if don't make the playoffs 22 52.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2022, 08:15 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Has Irsay ever fired a coach mid season?
Don't think so, but really, if they crap the bed this weekend, in consideration of the above, does he have any choice? At some point the point the finger in every direction but your own strategy, when you are the constant, fails regardless of how nice a guy you are. Irsay HAS to be approaching that point, has to be.
Old 09-15-2022, 10:30 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Don’t fire mid season. You’ll just tank your teams chances. Ryan was meant to several years, offense is going to take time to go. Hire a new coach and you reset everything.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Butter (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 11:37 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,645 Times in 953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Don’t fire mid season. You’ll just tank your teams chances. Ryan was meant to several years, offense is going to take time to go. Hire a new coach and you reset everything.
But the Colts didn't win the first game 77-0, heads should roll for that! Anything less than complete dominance in every game is totally unacceptable. It's not like the other teams have players, coaching staffs, and front offices that gets paid, only the Colts have that.
Old 09-15-2022, 12:19 PM

Thanked 1,570 Times in 892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
I also thought they should have pursued Trubisky, but when they got Ryan I thought maybe that was the better option. I still think it might be but Trubisky could have potentially have been the long term solution. Time will tell!
I took the ChaosTheory post as a joke.

No way would I take Mitchell Trubisky over Matt Ryan, in any universe, at any time.

If this team doesn't make the playoffs, it won't be because of Ryan's play, or Reich's coaching, or the kicking game.

The only reason they miss the playoffs is injuries (knocking wood as I type this). If they stay mostly healthy, they walk to a playoff spot.

And I am a little surprised at the extreme over-reactions to a first-week loss in here. Yeah, it's been ten billion years since this team won an opener. They are tied for first in the division in spite of that, so last week and all the mistakes on the field and on the sidelines means almost nothing. Add to that the trend of Reich-coached teams to improve consistently as the season moves forward, and there is a ton to be optimistic about here.

Plus, Carson Wentz is no longer the QB.

Guys, the sky is not falling. This is by far the best team in the AFC South.

R-E-L-A-X
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheMugwump For This Useful Post:
ChaosTheory (09-15-2022), Discflinger (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 12:48 PM

Thanked 1,653 Times in 792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post
That's true. Sorry, Cletus. I was making the point that impulsive thinking leads to bad takes.

To address it seriously... a coaching change after two weeks is a complete non-starter in my eyes. It's completely unrealistic given the patient nature of the FO anyway because it would be rash and unwarranted.

As for whether they should consider firing Reich if the fail to make the playoffs... I mean, ok, sure they should. But how enlightening is that? If Andy Reid failed to lead the Chiefs to the playoffs this year, wouldn't people say the same thing?

Goes for any team coming in with expectations this year. Just doesn't strike me as a meaningful stance to take.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
TheMugwump (09-16-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 03:04 PM

Thanked 1,332 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
But the Colts didn't win the first game 77-0, heads should roll for that! Anything less than complete dominance in every game is totally unacceptable. It's not like the other teams have players, coaching staffs, and front offices that gets paid, only the Colts have that.
So you think it's perfectly acceptable for Frank's teams to be 0-4-1 in week one against bad teams (2 of which are REALLY bad)?

Is it also perfectly acceptable for his teams to lose to the Jagoffs every year like clockwork despite the fact that they've been the worst team in the league in that span and have beaten a whopping 11 teams other than us during that time (TBH I'm pretty surprised it's that high)?
Old 09-15-2022, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
That's true. Sorry, Cletus. I was making the point that impulsive thinking leads to bad takes.

To address it seriously... a coaching change after two weeks is a complete non-starter in my eyes. It's completely unrealistic given the patient nature of the FO anyway because it would be rash and unwarranted.

As for whether they should consider firing Reich if the fail to make the playoffs... I mean, ok, sure they should. But how enlightening is that? If Andy Reid failed to lead the Chiefs to the playoffs this year, wouldn't people say the same thing?

Goes for any team coming in with expectations this year. Just doesn't strike me as a meaningful stance to take.
What a ricockulous comparison. If Reich had anywhere near Reid's career success (or even Reid's success his first 4 years in the league) we wouldn't be talking about getting rid of him.
Old 09-15-2022, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMugwump View Post

No way would I take Mitchell Trubisky over Matt Ryan, in any universe, at any time.

If this team doesn't make the playoffs, it won't be because of Ryan's play, or Reich's coaching, or the kicking game.

The only reason they miss the playoffs is injuries (knocking wood as I type this). If they stay mostly healthy, they walk to a playoff spot.

And I am a little surprised at the extreme over-reactions to a first-week loss in here. Yeah, it's been ten billion years since this team won an opener. They are tied for first in the division in spite of that, so last week and all the mistakes on the field and on the sidelines means almost nothing. Add to that the trend of Reich-coached teams to improve consistently as the season moves forward, and there is a ton to be optimistic about here.

Plus, Carson Wentz is no longer the QB.

Guys, the sky is not falling. This is by far the best team in the AFC South.

R-E-L-A-X
Maybe on paper. They sure as shit didn't look anything like that on Sunday.
Old 09-15-2022, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I thought it was bad, but holy shit.
Yeah man, here are there records:

'18 Bungles - 6-10
'19 Chargers 5-11 (to be fair Frank should probably get a pass on this one)
'20 Jagoffs - 1-15 (to be fair Frank's pass for '19 should be taken away for this one)
'21 Seahawks - 7-10
'22 Texicans- TBD but we all know that they'll end up having a really bad record. Maybe even '20 Jagoffs bad.
Old 09-15-2022, 05:53 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Yeah man, here are there records:

'18 Bungles - 6-10
'19 Chargers 5-11 (to be fair Frank should probably get a pass on this one)
'20 Jagoffs - 1-15 (to be fair Frank's pass for '19 should be taken away for this one)
'21 Seahawks - 7-10
'22 Texicans- TBD but we all know that they'll end up having a really bad record. Maybe even '20 Jagoffs bad.
But somehow, this guy is still regarded as a good coach... he's a turd.