ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2021, 09:58 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
He’s not a dual threat QB dude. He is a pocket passing QB. Can he scramble for a first down? Sure. If he going to scare a team with his legs? No. And I said he was shorter than Reich seems to like. Not that he was too short for the position. Don’t need 20 posts back and forth about it. If you want to see his actual athletiscm we can wait for the combine or his pro day. He looks lead footed to me. Occasional bootleg, but he won’t break a defense down with his legs. He really tries to stay in the pocket. And I don’t see him buying a lot of throw time with his legs by leaving it.

His quick decision making, accuracy, and ability to hit his guys in stride is what I do like. If you protect him I think he can pick apart a D. I think his floor is a solid backup QB. He does run RPOs well which I think Reich will take notice of. I think he might be a safer bet than Justin Fields who has great ability but also takes way to long to throw at times.
He doesn't have to be Lamar Jackson to be a good NFL QB, and I never said he was a threat to run the ball every down. Your assessment made him sound like Drew Bledsoe, but in this post, I can see we're actually pretty close to agreement on his athleticism for the position, except that you want to call him "lead footed" for some reason. I don't think anyone would say Russell Wilson isn't athletic, but if you look at his Wisconsin tape or his early NFL tape and compare it to Mac Jones vs. Georgia, for example, you'll see similarities in the ways they use their legs. Primarily you'll see both use them to escape pressure, keep their eyes downfield, and use their elite passing traits to push the ball downfield. You'll also see an occasional RPO, as you said, which keeps the defense off balance and forces them to account for the QB, which puts further stress on the defense.