ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-03-2019, 06:23 PM

Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post
Plus I doubt that there is anyone on the street any better. Ask NE. They are on kicker #2 after losing Ghost.

The Cheats cut bait with Ghost when he missed 4 XP's through the first 4 games. Initially, they were going to straight cut him, but decided later to IR him. It took Vinny 7 games to reach 4 XP misses, even with all the drama around the first few games. So, yes, definitely not up to his standard (he only missed 3 XP total over last season), but multiple kickers are struggling this year.

The Bears and 49'ers were both trying to sign (or trade for) Robbie Gould in the off season - he has missed 7 FG already this year, only hitting 13 of 20. That is only a 65% make rate this season compared to 97%, 95% and 100% the prior 3 years.

Either all of these kickers are reaching the end of their careers at the same time at different ages (Ghost is 35 and Gould is 37) or there may be something different with the football that they are not adjusting to this year.

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 11-03-2019 at 06:59 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-03-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 11:02 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I will re-state what I said in the Trade Deadline thread. Ballard saw that we are not as close to competing for a SB win this year, so he didn't pull the trigger on any trades.
We should always be looking to get better though, not putting things off. And look at some of our best players, they were not acquired through the draft. Desir, Moore, Hunt (till this year) Sheard, Houston, Autry, Ebron, and Pascal.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:26 PM

Thanked 4,405 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
We should always be looking to get better though, not putting things off. And look at some of our best players, they were not acquired through the draft. Desir, Moore, Hunt (till this year) Sheard, Houston, Autry, Ebron, and Pascal.
I don’t disagree with that; I just don’t think we are as close as some, where we can add a player or two and be SB participants, let alone champions. We need the young core to improve this year and next year will be our time to shine.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:39 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I don’t disagree with that; I just don’t think we are as close as some, where we can add a player or two and be SB participants, let alone champions. We need the young core to improve this year and next year will be our time to shine.
I don’t think any one person makes us a SB contender unless we get Aaron Rodgers. But it’s about improving through a bunch of little moves. We will always have holes of some sort. pats looked very human last night, never know how a season might go.