ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-31-2019, 07:01 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
No shit. If you're going to cower in fear over the Patriots and not go for it until Brady retires then you might as well close up shop until then. They can be defeated. Any "process" is just a long con marketing term to sucker the masses into being ok with 10-6 and a first or second round exit. They don't have to be the clear-cut best team in order to have a shot at the Super Bowl. Do people think the 9-7 Giants should've stuck to the process when they beat New England here in the Super Bowl?
Preach...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 10-31-2019, 07:44 PM

Thanked 4,405 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
What process? What is better next year that doesn't make us viable this year?
Trading our first and two seconds is something that could set us back. That was what I was referring to. As to the following poster who mentioned Brady, that dude is over the hill. He doesn't scare me. That defense is solid, and BB is a very good coach. I just think we are about to go on a long run soon, and think that we shouldn't make a move to get us close instead of over the top.
Dewey 5 (10-31-2019), Pez (11-01-2019)
Old 10-31-2019, 09:21 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Trading our first and two seconds is something that could set us back. That was what I was referring to. As to the following poster who mentioned Brady, that dude is over the hill. He doesn't scare me. That defense is solid, and BB is a very good coach. I just think we are about to go on a long run soon, and think that we shouldn't make a move to get us close instead of over the top.
I don’t think anyone advocated trading for Adams, I certainly wasn’t. But I think this fanbase has been spoiled by long stretches of success. Most teams have a window of a year or two unless you have a generational QB. I like Ballard, but it almost seems this fanbase wants to stay in the rebuilding window and don’t want to admit that this team is in the hunt. No one wants to put pressure on this team to win. Well we went through Manning, 1 Super Bowl, went through Luck, couple playoff wins and that’s all. 1 SB win from two generational QBs. It’s time to show a sense of urgency and stop pushing today off for tomorrow. What’s that old story about the baseball player waiting for the perfect pitch?

A lot can happen in a season, pats are one play away from a key injury. Or a bad day away from a loss. But we can’t dictate our chances based on another team. Our team isn’t perfect, but it’s good. I wouldn’t dismiss this year because the next isn’t guaranteed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (11-01-2019), Pez (11-01-2019)
Old 10-31-2019, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
I don’t think anyone advocated trading for Adams, I certainly wasn’t. But I think this fanbase has been spoiled by long stretches of success. Most teams have a window of a year or two unless you have a generational QB. I like Ballard, but it almost seems this fanbase wants to stay in the rebuilding window and don’t want to admit that this team is in the hunt. No one wants to put pressure on this team to win. Well we went through Manning, 1 Super Bowl, went through Luck, couple playoff wins and that’s all. 1 SB win from two generational QBs. It’s time to show a sense of urgency and stop pushing today off for tomorrow. What’s that old story about the baseball player waiting for the perfect pitch?

A lot can happen in a season, pats are one play away from a key injury. Or a bad day away from a loss. But we can’t dictate our chances based on another team. Our team isn’t perfect, but it’s good. I wouldn’t dismiss this year because the next isn’t guaranteed.
Brissett is in basically his rookie yr + 1

No one thought we were in full go with Luck his rookie yr . We have a couple of yrs to get to JB's prime. He is not there yet

So less urgency and lets keep building and shocking people
Old 10-31-2019, 10:02 PM

Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Brissett is in basically his rookie yr + 1

No one thought we were in full go with Luck his rookie yr . We have a couple of yrs to get to JB's prime. He is not there yet

So less urgency and lets keep building and shocking people
He isn’t even remotely in his rookie year. That is absurd
Old 10-31-2019, 10:18 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
He isn’t even remotely in his rookie year. That is absurd
I said plus 1 as a starter he is..... cant count what pagshit put on him
Old 11-01-2019, 12:46 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I said plus 1 as a starter he is..... cant count what pagshit put on him
He’s in his 4th year. Dude will be 27 next month. Maybe year two of starting, but that is very far removed from a second year rookie like Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold.

Just because we put more emphasis on winning now doesn’t mean we suddenly stop drafting people or stop adding to the team.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:41 AM

Thanked 4,405 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
He’s in his 4th year. Dude will be 27 next month. Maybe year two of starting, but that is very far removed from a second year rookie like Baker Mayfield and Sam Darnold.

Just because we put more emphasis on winning now doesn’t mean we suddenly stop drafting people or stop adding to the team.
All I am saying is that the asking prices seemed to be very high this year. I like what this team is doing this year and think we could make it deep into the playoffs with good fortune. Next year could be the year for us to get over the hump.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:59 AM
Accidental Administrator

Seems like there is a good bit of misunderstanding in this thread. I dont think anyone here is saying that because a sb run is incredibly improbable this year that we should not play to win.

I'm looking forward to the Steelers game. I want to see us match up against a high quality defense in a stadium where the colts have only won twice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (11-01-2019), Racehorse (11-01-2019)
Old 11-01-2019, 08:15 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

I am in the camp that we are *this* close and a viable name in the 5-8 that have any type of chance of playing for the title this year. I LOVE what Ballard has done with the talent- we are fast, athletic as hell, and as noted, we have a LOT of leaders (some stat from earlier this year shed light on how many college team captains he has brought into the fray= SMART management). That said, I think we face the reality of falling out of that small group rather easily THIS year just because we are so young and not really battle tested- think there's the possibility of some guys wilting a little bit if things turn south for 2-3 games straight.

I think our DL depth is most problematic. So much so that when Autry was down on the ground flipping around- I thought the season was shot. The same would be said for me on the OL end of things- from what I saw in the PS, there is NO ONE on the bench that I think could come close to filling in for ANY of our starters and that bar is not super high in terms of Glowinski so to me that says a lot about the thin state of things there.

Obviously DE is a ?- what are we going to get opposite of Houston (I am really cool with his production, he is playing the position really well both R and P IMO). Bonagu has started to show something and looks to be progressing, Sheard is clearly a SOLID guy- the question is when and WHAT are we gonna get out of Lewis? My hunch is that Ballard looks at those three and feels they give us enough to not warrant giving away picks for a guy like Miller (a hero's ransom) or Beasley (more of a gamble that might not cost as much but also may pay NO dividends) to try to make a "deep run" at it this year. So far, no reason not to trust the guys decisions.