ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-01-2019, 09:32 AM
Accidental Administrator

Well said. Only a couple points:

I concur with you on DL depth. I agree with your assessment that we need to address this, but perhaps not through a trade. I think this will (should) be Ballard's target in both the draft and even in FA where he's not been known for being incredibly active.

Also, I am not as down on Glowinski as others. I think this year and next will be very telling. He's got great speed, I just think he's late in developing. Seattle moved him to RG in 2016, the only year he started all 16 games (I think they had to adjust around Terry Poole goinf on IR).

Fitness might be an issue as well, he's rarely played every snap in his career. I think he needs to make some adjustments and will develop into a quality player.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 11-01-2019, 10:18 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Every team has depth issues. Some are very top heavy, we are not. We are not deep on oline, but no team is. Most teams are just trying to put a solid oline together period. See what Houston did just to get a LT and they solidified some. Frankly, everyone laughed but their coach has made better moves than their GM did. At least he is fixing issues.

But no one wants to trade away 1st and 2nd round picks for a guy. However, would Derek Wolfe be worth a 4th? A 5th? There are deals to be made that you can strengthen a position. Would a 4th rounder have as much impact as a Wolfe? Unlikely. We need strong dline play because our LB’s, besides Adams, are a bunch of run around blocks guys. Okereke and Leonard are liabilities against the run when out there. So they need to be protected. Why Things improved so much with Sheard back.

Also, we are sitting on a shit ton of cap space and may enter yet another year at the top. Doesn’t mean you have to spend it all on one or two guys. But it also means we shouldn’t be entering the season with big weaknesses. We blew our last shot with Luck hiding under the rebuilding banner. I don’t want to see more chances pissed away because we were young. Seattle won it when their defense was young, they assumed a dynasty, all that happened was their guys got old.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:40 AM

Thanked 4,405 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Every team has depth issues. Some are very top heavy, we are not. We are not deep on oline, but no team is. Most teams are just trying to put a solid oline together period. See what Houston did just to get a LT and they solidified some. Frankly, everyone laughed but their coach has made better moves than their GM did. At least he is fixing issues.

But no one wants to trade away 1st and 2nd round picks for a guy. However, would Derek Wolfe be worth a 4th? A 5th? There are deals to be made that you can strengthen a position. Would a 4th rounder have as much impact as a Wolfe? Unlikely. We need strong dline play because our LB’s, besides Adams, are a bunch of run around blocks guys. Okereke and Leonard are liabilities against the run when out there. So they need to be protected. Why Things improved so much with Sheard back.

Also, we are sitting on a shit ton of cap space and may enter yet another year at the top. Doesn’t mean you have to spend it all on one or two guys. But it also means we shouldn’t be entering the season with big weaknesses. We blew our last shot with Luck hiding under the rebuilding banner. I don’t want to see more chances pissed away because we were young. Seattle won it when their defense was young, they assumed a dynasty, all that happened was their guys got old.
I actually agree with you. This is why I say we are a year away. I see Ballard getting a good free agent to come in and fill a need next year. I also think we will see huge gains by some young guys and will be one of three to six teams that have a legit shot next year. I am hopeful that we can get a good postseason run this year, but I don’t see a SB win yet.

Also, consider what it would say to the locker room if he traded away picks to replace a guy. Yes, it would give credence to the mantra that they have to earn it, but it also tells a young guy that they don’t see him as a piece going forward. That could have a ripple effect on others.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:11 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I actually agree with you. This is why I say we are a year away. I see Ballard getting a good free agent to come in and fill a need next year. I also think we will see huge gains by some young guys and will be one of three to six teams that have a legit shot next year. I am hopeful that we can get a good postseason run this year, but I don’t see a SB win yet.

Also, consider what it would say to the locker room if he traded away picks to replace a guy. Yes, it would give credence to the mantra that they have to earn it, but it also tells a young guy that they don’t see him as a piece going forward. That could have a ripple effect on others.
Maybe they will be better next year, maybe they won’t. But we all thought they would be a lot better this year and then Luck retires. Just can’t take these chances for granted anymore. Don’t know what next year will hold.