ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Who do you want at 15?
Quinyon Mitchell 6 26.09%
Laiatu Latu 1 4.35%
Jared Verse 1 4.35%
Dallas Turner 2 8.70%
Terrion Arnold 2 8.70%
Brian Thomas Jr. 2 8.70%
Adonai Mitchell 0 0%
Trade Up (Include for whom in a post) 1 4.35%
Trade Down (Include explanation in a post) 5 21.74%
Other (Include explanation in a post) 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2024, 08:02 PM

Want Turner. Willing to settle for Verse or Mitchell.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:13 PM

Thanked 1,336 Times in 753 Posts

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2024/...ly-trading-up/

This article has some analysts saying it's Mitchell or possibly Arnold. Mitchell makes sense. I don't think Arnold's RAS score is high enough to get Ballard excited enough to trade up for him.

If we do trade up I hope it's as Dam mentions for one of the top WRs or only a small trade up for Bowers.

Speaking of trading up, there was a RATS article published yesterday about trading up for MHJ. The guy who wrote it said he used the NFL Mock Draft Database to determine it would take 15, and next year's 1st and 3rd to move up to 4. If that is what it takes then I'd be for doing it, but pretty sure it would take more than that.
Old 04-25-2024, 12:49 AM
Post whore

Thanked 1,651 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post

This article has some analysts saying it's Mitchell or possibly Arnold. Mitchell makes sense. I don't think Arnold's RAS score is high enough to get Ballard excited enough to trade up for him.

If we do trade up I hope it's as Dam mentions for one of the top WRs or only a small trade up for Bowers.

Speaking of trading up, there was a RATS article published yesterday about trading up for MHJ. The guy who wrote it said he used the NFL Mock Draft Database to determine it would take 15, and next year's 1st and 3rd to move up to 4. If that is what it takes then I'd be for doing it, but pretty sure it would take more than that.
With team's trying to move up for a QB, there's no way that package gets the Colts to 4. You'd be lucky to get to 6 with that package this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-25-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Problem is we don’t know if anyone from this draft will be either

Truly elite guys tend to go top 5
That might be true, Dayo and Paye didn't go anywhere near the top 5, they were both projects coming out of college. If either Turner, Verse or Latu were drafted by the Colt's they would immediately become their best pass rusher. It's time Ballard stops drafting guys like Turray, Banago, Dayo and Paye, and gets a guy that has showed he can get to the QB !
Old 04-25-2024, 11:20 AM

Thanked 1,657 Times in 792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post

I have a completely irrational desire for us to get Harrison (#88 is my favorite football player of all-time). We know Ballard's style, but beyond that, it's just objectively going to be crazy expensive to get up to 4th overall. But, like I said, I'm irrational about that one.

I do think this year might have an abnormal amount of shuffling because so many teams need OL, if not QB. You could actually see ARZ and LAC trading down to those teams who might not take him.

And then it gets way convoluted if that starts happening because they're bidding against each other.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
omahacolt (04-25-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 07:01 PM

Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,221 Posts

Only Arizona would be dumb enough to trade down.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-25-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 07:53 PM

Thanked 1,336 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
I have a completely irrational desire for us to get Harrison (#88 is my favorite football player of all-time). We know Ballard's style, but beyond that, it's just objectively going to be crazy expensive to get up to 4th overall. But, like I said, I'm irrational about that one.

I do think this year might have an abnormal amount of shuffling because so many teams need OL, if not QB. You could actually see ARZ and LAC trading down to those teams who might not take him.

And then it gets way convoluted if that starts happening because they're bidding against each other.
Sentimentality aside, MHJ is an elite talent at a premium position. As is Nabers. Adding either of them to our offense would be off the charts huge. Guessing it would probably cost at least our 1st and 2nd this year and next year's 1st and 3rd to move up to draft either of them (basing this off of what Hou gave up to move to #3 last year), and that's probably too rich for my blood much less Ballard's.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (04-25-2024)