ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-25-2022, 10:15 PM

Thanked 1,339 Times in 755 Posts
Default OL

Despite the upset today we all know our OL was once again complete garbage today. As long as he's back from injury Raimann should start at left tackle next week, Pryor should be at RG, and Dennis Kelly should start at RT b/c Smith has been absolute shit this season as well. If Raimann's not back then Kelly at LT and Pryor at RG. Anyone else think otherwise?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
CanuckColt (09-25-2022), ChoppedWood (09-25-2022), nate505 (09-25-2022), Racehorse (09-26-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 10:24 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

I know there has been this hesitancy to do it but I think they really need to look at moving Nelson out to LT and then consider whether it's Prior or Rainman in the G spot, maybe it is both of them in. Maybe it is Q at LT, Prior at LG, Kelly, Kelly, and Rainman?

It is no longer acceptable to have Prior, Pinter, and Smith starting on this line. While Pinter is straight garbage, he is not near the risk that Prior and Smith present from the edge pressure.

Not sure, just spit balling because what we have now is trash.

And some aren't all that high on Nelson as they were but on that QB sneak- what where his shoulder hits the defender and how far back he goes- that is the kind of fucking leverage we need out of these dudes.
Old 09-25-2022, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
I know there has been this hesitancy to do it but I think they really need to look at moving Nelson out to LT and then consider whether it's Prior or Rainman in the G spot, maybe it is both of them in. Maybe it is Q at LT, Prior at LG, Kelly, Kelly, and Rainman?

It is no longer acceptable to have Prior, Pinter, and Smith starting on this line. While Pinter is straight garbage, he is not near the risk that Prior and Smith present from the edge pressure.

Not sure, just spit balling because what we have now is trash.

And some aren't all that high on Nelson as they were but on that QB sneak- what where his shoulder hits the defender and how far back he goes- that is the kind of fucking leverage we need out of these dudes.
Something has to be done. We're on pace to allow 68 sacks for the season which would be a wopping 10 more than the most allowed in '21 (by the Bears).
Old 09-25-2022, 10:25 PM

Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Despite the upset today we all know our OL was once again complete garbage today. As long as he's back from injury Raimann should start at left tackle next week, Pryor should be at RG, and Dennis Kelly should start at RT b/c Smith has been absolute shit this season as well. If Raimann's not back then Kelly at LT and Pryor at RG. Anyone else think otherwise?
well i think smith is obviously one of the best 5. if he isnt rt then he has to be rg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-26-2022), TheMugwump (09-26-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
well i think smith is obviously one of the best 5. if he isnt rt then he has to be rg
Maybe. I think sitting his ass on the bench for a game might send a message to get his ass in gear.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
CanuckColt (10-07-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 10:45 PM

Thanked 1,664 Times in 795 Posts

I haven't rewatched the game yet, but when I do I'll pay attention to Smith from what you guys are saying.

Romo actually pointed something out I hoped fans heard... there's a lot of miscommunication on offense, particularly in the pass-pro. Between Ryan, the OL, and RB, we were (and have been) letting guys run straight through us because "I thought you had him." Hopefully that kind of communication stuff can improve, because KC blitzed the fucking shit out of us and we could not pick it up all day.

But Danny Pinter is beyond communication. This kid gets physically dominated throughout the course of the game. Technique, physical strength, whatever it is... he gets worked, and some of these plays are utterly embarrassing. This on top of the mental fuck ups the OL is having is brutal.

I think a lot of us have acknowledged that when Raimann gets healthy, he needs baptism by fire at LT. Pryor isn't athletic enough for LT, but he's a huge strong dude that is naturally a guard, so move him to RG.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (09-25-2022), nate505 (09-25-2022), Racehorse (09-26-2022), Spike (09-26-2022), YDFL Commish (09-26-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 11:49 PM

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,489 Posts

If the OL could get fixed and if Ryan can settle down a bit like he did on the last drive, I have a lot of hope for this team again.

Odd, since the OL is supposed to be a strength. Still, at this point I'm believing my lying eyes over that.
Racehorse (09-26-2022), TheMugwump (09-26-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 12:58 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I don't think moving around these guys is the going to help much. These guys themselves are going to have to improve. Maybe Raiman is the answer at left tackle but if the rest of these bozos don't fix whatever ails them and start playing as a unit it won't matter at all. Ryan, Smith and Nelson have all done it before at a high level and have done it recently. Physically they should still be able to. Money makes some men lose their drive, to early to say for sure but it sure does look like these guys aren't hungry in the least. Or maybe the coaching sucks and they are not prepared. Sure looked like that at times.
Old 09-26-2022, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Certainly hasn't been playing like it.
Old 09-26-2022, 05:32 PM

Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedge View Post
Certainly hasn't been playing like it.
it isn't hard to be one of the best 5