ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 09-19-2018, 07:58 AM

Thanked 1,189 Times in 523 Posts
Default Good article on Kenny Moore III

From IndyStar here.

Too small. Not experienced enough. Not high enough level of competition. Afterthough.

I love finding guys like Mathis and Bethea and Saturday that no one thinks should excel.....but do.

PFF is rating him at a 72.7 which means he is rated as an "above average NFL starter" which is pretty nice for a 2nd year UDFA.

Moore, Desir, Hooker, Geathers, Hairston. That is not a terrible secondary to grow together. No CBs that strike fear into opposing QBs or Offensive Coordinators but not a bad young group.

Walk Worthy,
Old 09-19-2018, 08:34 AM
Accidental Administrator

Two games in, our defense has been the biggest surprise of the season so far. If we consider the low expectations of your Defense they played a good game against Cincy and a stellar game against Washington.

Still early, sure, but it seems like Eberflus was an odd and back handed gift from Josh McFuckface.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
sherck (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 09:23 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

I'm going to temper expectations until we face some of the better QB's in the league, but it has been promising. I think unexpected pressure from the d-line from guys like Hunt really helps those young guys in the secondary as well.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Two games in, our defense has been the biggest surprise of the season so far. If we consider the low expectations of your Defense they played a good game against Cincy and a stellar game against Washington.

Still early, sure, but it seems like Eberflus was an odd and back handed gift from Josh McFuckface.
I disagree with the good game against Cincy. Other than a few early series it was a dismal performance IMO. Bottom 5 in the league and about what I expected. However the Washington game was not at all what I expected and gives me a little hope that I may be wrong on the potential improvement this year. Leonard has certainly been impressive and Hunt has been surprising. Tackling seems significantly improved and the obvious focus on stripping the ball has been great to see, and will likely pay dividends all season.

But as I said, right now Washington only provides a little hope. I still expect the D to be at the bottom in most measurements. I don’t yet believe in the pass rush or our ability to cover outside. And Cincy’s ability to run on them gives me concern as well.

Hopefully Hooker begins to show up as the season progresses. He’s been nearly non existent. But 2 games in from a major injury and being so inexperienced I don’t think it’s completely unexpected.

Last edited by rm1369; 09-19-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:33 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
I disagree with the good game against Cincy. Other than a few early series it was a dismal performance IMO. Bottom 5 in the league and about what I expected. However the Washington game was not at all what I expected and gives me a little hope that I may be wrong on the potential improvement this year. Leonard has certainly been impressive and Hunt has been surprising. Tackling seems significantly improved and the obvious focus on stripping the ball has been great to see, and will likely pay dividends all season.

But as I said, right now Washington only provides a little hope. I still expect the D to be at the bottom in most measurements. I don’t yet believe in the pass rush or our ability to cover outside. And Cincy’s ability to run on them gives me concern as well. Hopefully Hooker begins to show up as the season progresses.
Odd, if Dalton hadn't made the tackle on the interception it would be a different game. If aj green hadn't burnt both our safeties we would have likely won the game.

At the end, our defense got the offense the ball at the end of the 4th with a chance to win before the doyle fumble. Considering such a low level of expectations, they were potentially only 1 or 2 mistakes away from getting us a win. I don't think that is bottom 5 against the bengals.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-19-2018), sherck (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 09:41 AM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Odd, if Dalton hadn't made the tackle on the interception it would be a different game. If aj green hadn't burnt both our safeties we would have likely won the game.

At the end, our defense got the offense the ball at the end of the 4th with a chance to win before the doyle fumble. Considering such a low level of expectations, they were potentially only 1 or 2 mistakes away from getting us a win. I don't think that is bottom 5 against the bengals.

The difference between glass half full and glass half empty?
Old 09-19-2018, 10:00 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
The difference between glass half full and glass half empty?
Hehe... perhaps the glass simply is as it is.

They exceeded expectations in my book. 2 sacks, 1 pick, 2 FFs, 1 FR, and they never let the game get away from us.

If the red zone interception was a field goal, if, if, if, if...

The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
sherck (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:

The D gave up a 75% completion rate at 8.7 ypa, 5.1 ypc on the ground, and 27 points. Any of those stats would be bottom 5 if carried out for a season. The two turnovers are great. Particularly the stripping of Green because we’ve seen it for two games now and it seems to be a focus. But the completion percentage, ypa, and ypc numbers back up with what I saw watching the game - the D did not compete well on a down for down basis. The offense having chances to win the game does not in my view change the defensive performance. If anything the offense’s performance protected the defense quite a bit. Throw last years offense out there and the defense would have looked significantly more inept.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:
Pez (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 12:49 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Quote:

games are often determined based on a couple of plays.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:55 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Spoiler: the defense is going to be up and down all year. I'll enjoy the ups and contextualize the downs for what they are.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
sherck (09-19-2018)