ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-30-2023, 06:43 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
How in the hell is asking for your number two wide receiver in exchange for what everyone believes is an all-pro back; who if not the best pure runner in the NFL is damn close to it, outrageous?
Waddle was the 6th overall pick two years ago. He’s had two decent years. He has three years left on a relatively cheap rookie deal. He’s the same age as Taylor, doesn’t have near the mileage, plays a much more important position, and doesn’t cost the draft picks and a huge contract to keep.

It’s asinine. Ridiculous. The Colts would know better than even asking.

The dolphins GM said as much today. He said if any team calls about Waddle, he’s hanging up the phone.

That’s bullshit spread by the agent. Nothing more.
Old 08-31-2023, 02:30 PM

Thanked 1,655 Times in 792 Posts

I know it's a beaten horse, but it's the only Colts-related media out right now...

I keeping reading/listening to these takes and it occurred to me that people just don't have a grasp on the overall issue, which is the value of the RB position.

Instead, people conflate "the RB position" with "this particular RB." Meaning they'll talk about all the valuable things the "RB position" does for a team, but then conclude that it makes "this particular RB" that valuable.

Which misses the point. Nobody is saying that what any of these RB's do is not valuable. In fact, it's super important. What is being said (and not heard) is that there are too many "this particular RB"s that can provide a team with the valuable things the "RB position" does.

It's been said before, but great RB's used to be the cake batter. You couldn't make a great cake without one. Now they're the cherry on top. The difference between winning a SB and getting bounced in the WC is so slim that a great RB can tip the scales for a great team...

But a great RB is not going turn a poor team into a playoff team.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (09-01-2023), JAFF (08-31-2023), Racehorse (08-31-2023), Spike (08-31-2023)
Old 08-31-2023, 03:05 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

This team shows the reality of NFL offenses. Two years ago we were built around JT's running. And he was incredible-still we didn't make the playoffs. Our offense is now built around AR with the running backs serving an incredibly important role, but it is still a only a supportive role to the QB. This is the way all modern NFL offenses are. When was the last time a coach was hired that was a genius in the run game? We need JT because we need playmakers. Polian used to say you need a certain number of playmakers on offense and on defense-that it wasn't particularly important what they played as long as they could alter the course of a game by their own play. JT can do that. So can scores of other dudes, but once you have one on your team it is a bitch to lose him over this kind of bullshit. They don't fall off trees. I am hoepful he ends up playing for us not because he wants to but because both sides need each other. I do love watching him run.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (09-01-2023), Racehorse (08-31-2023), Spike (08-31-2023)
Old 08-31-2023, 05:12 PM

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,218 Posts

Quote:
This team shows the reality of NFL offenses. Two years ago we were built around JT's running. And he was incredible-still we didn't make the playoffs. Our offense is now built around AR with the running backs serving an incredibly important role, but it is still a only a supportive role to the QB. This is the way all modern NFL offenses are. When was the last time a coach was hired that was a genius in the run game? We need JT because we need playmakers. Polian used to say you need a certain number of playmakers on offense and on defense-that it wasn't particularly important what they played as long as they could alter the course of a game by their own play. JT can do that. So can scores of other dudes, but once you have one on your team it is a bitch to lose him over this kind of bullshit. They don't fall off trees. I am hoepful he ends up playing for us not because he wants to but because both sides need each other. I do love watching him run.
It is a far cry from 70,71,72, when we took Bulaich in the 1st rd, then McCauley in the 1st rd and then Lydell Mitchell in the 2nd rd. Can you imagine the outrage if a GM were to that today?
Old 08-31-2023, 06:03 PM

Thanked 4,405 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
I wish I could thank this more than once.
Oldcolt (08-31-2023)
Old 08-31-2023, 07:24 PM

Bulaich, there is a name from the past. Didn't he run for like close to 200 years in his first game?
Old 08-31-2023, 09:30 PM

Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Bulaich, there is a name from the past. Didn't he run for like close to 200 years in his first game?
that was a long ass game.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Butter For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (09-01-2023), Hoopsdoc (08-31-2023), IndyNorm (09-02-2023), Oldcolt (08-31-2023)
Old 08-31-2023, 10:04 PM

Thanked 1,902 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
that was a long ass game.
Alright, I chuckled.
Old 09-01-2023, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Dude must have cheated his way to all those academic accolades because judging by this train wreck, JT aint too smart. Dude is on the thin edge of seeing his career go the way of Laveon Bell. What a fucking idiot.
JT should " thank " this post !!
Old 09-01-2023, 02:01 PM

Chris Green, Miami's GM, states that there were no offers made just for JT, only exploratory talks.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...er-made-offer/
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-01-2023)