ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-05-2018, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts
Default Week 10 Jax @ Colts

We're back!

Lets talk about Jax and their weaknesses... and how do we exploit them?

What are their strengths and how do we attack them?

What will be our weaknesses against them and how do we cover them up?

What will be our strengths against that will provide mismatches against them?
Old 11-05-2018, 12:30 PM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Don't make mistakes. No bad penalties, no turnovers, and no keystone cops defense like we saw against the Raiders.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Indiana V2 (11-06-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 01:11 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

They can be run on. Our OL and RBs have been doing very well in recent weeks. With an extra week to game plan and get healthy I would expect the emphasis on running the ball to continue. We don't want to let them get their pass rush going. Run, short throws in space, and play action.

On defense, I would think a conservative zone is in order. Bortles can get hot and make plays but he's been pretty bad. If life too see Hooker get an INT and return it. If not against Bortles then when and against who?

Fournette might be back.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:43 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

Just some info:

Mike Wells

@MikeWellsNFL
The Colts haven’t given up a sack in 160-straight drop backs by QB Andrew Luck. Coach Frank Reich called this week’s opponent - Jacksonville - their toughest test. The Jags sacked Jacoby Brissett 10 times in last season’s game in Indy.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:55 PM
Accidental Administrator

Jacksonville is 24th against the run... so we should be able to run the ball

They are 2nd best against the pass, we can exploit that with our running game and quick PA to TEs to get them to come in to play underneath and blitz to open up more vertical routes.

They are -11 turnover diff, we are +3. Get the damn ball, let bortles have small stuff and look for turnovers in the passing game.

I think we can still be run on as well, and they can burn our corners. I would look to negate this by getting pressure from Turay and Hunt, also some 'bend dont break' tampa 2 and cover 2 man under that lets our safeties actively help the corners once the field compresses as they move toward the red zone. This feeds back to the pass rush.

As far as mismatches go, I would look to spead the field with 3 wide + 2 TE to try and get mismatches where they need to cover a TE with a linebacker. Again if we do this repetitively we should see a deep safety of a corner trying to cheat underneath and get lucky in the mid to deep range.

They play a lot of cover 3, and I think with our OL that makes them vulnerable in the flat, especially if we can send a receiver and a TE deep toward their CBs there should be space behind for a screen or dump off to a RB, especially if our OL or TE can seal the edge to prevent an LB from coming over.

More generally, we cant get behind. Bortles is half the QB that andrew luck is. If we can get a ten point lead on then we should work to control TOP from that point forward and that will serve to make Bortles slightly desperate and prone to mistakes.

Bortles has 10 TDs and 8 picks on the season. Luck has 23 TDs and 8 picks. In the last 3 games, bortles has 2 TDs and one pick, Luck as 11 TDs and 3 picks (all 3 in the jets game, two werent his fault).

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Indystu2 (11-06-2018), VeveJones007 (11-05-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 03:41 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Great litmus test game for the OL. Can they continue to be effective in the running game, setting up 2nd/3rd and manageable? That will really help their chances of protecting Luck.

For the D, can they at least take away some easy completions and make Bortles beat them?
The Following User Says Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (11-05-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 05:00 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Looking forward to what the coaching staff comes up with with two weeks to prepare. The last regime did diddly squat with the extra week. I have hopes
Old 11-05-2018, 06:53 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Run the ball, run the clock. Give Bortles less time to work with, make them throw. I'm not a huge fan of the blitz, but bringing a few from odd angles may help Bortles force a mistake.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:56 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,247 Times in 1,998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post

We're back!

Let's talk about Jacksonville and their weaknesses ........ and how do we exploit them?

What are their strengths, and how do we attack them?

What will be our weaknesses against them, and how do we cover them up?

What will be our strengths against that will provide mismatches against them?

o

We got this.

Brandon McManus missing the field goal at the end of the game against the Texans yesterday hurt us, but Frank Reich and Andrew Luck have this team on the right track ........ in my rat's ass of an opinion, the team really believes in itself for the first time since 2014, and the defense has (surprisingly) been playing with cohesion in 7 out of the first 8 games of the season.

The Texans may take the division title, but not without some say-so from Frank Reich, Andrew Luck, and the 2018 indianapolis Colts.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-05-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 09:55 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Their weaknesses? Look no further than Bortles. We have got to keep from making him look competent by scoring on our first drive or two to make him have to press like he does so often.