ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 07-10-2019, 10:43 AM
Accidental Administrator

Default best plays of each 1st rounder since 1988

This guy has the best colts videos on youtube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPTJM80_2YY

A couple of these plays I had forgot about, a couple of these players I had forgot about.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 11:32 AM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
This guy has the best colts videos on youtube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPTJM80_2YY

A couple of these plays I had forgot about, a couple of these players I had forgot about.
I had forgotten the Gonzales play

By the way, one of the highlights was when we were down in the fourth quarter against the Tacks, but came back to win...again
Old 07-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I had forgotten the Gonzales play

By the way, one of the highlights was when we were down in the fourth quarter against the Tacks, but came back to win...again
ok, make me watch it a 5th time...

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (07-10-2019), smitty46953 (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 09:55 PM

Cool idea and some great memories in there but I’d quibble with some of the choices...

That was the best play he could find for Freeney? A lost effort in a lost season? I could say the same for Reggie but at least the play for him was something of a turning point in a season that did turn into a playoff one.

I’d probably go the touchdown against the Pats in the AFCCG for Addai but no major issue there given how sick that play was. I’ll never forget watching that one freshman year of college in the dorms.

I suppose it’s tough to find an individualized effort for Castonzo. Same can be said for Kelly/Nelson I suppose, though I feel like I’ve seen highlight plays from both that were of more note than the ones chosen for each of them respectively.

The play for Werner should’ve been when he gave up on the NFL and flew back to Europe. I accept nothing else.

Yeah, that’s about as good as it got for Hughes/Dorsett, huh?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
Pez (07-11-2019), Racehorse (07-11-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 11:44 AM

Thanked 1,647 Times in 790 Posts

Can't complain too much but I think it's not the best choice for Edgerrin, because that was a great catch no doubt, but he has some mind blowing running highlights and they shoulda picked one of those.
Can't complain about the choice for Luck either, but I'd rather see an actual pass highlight. My vote, and my favorite Luck play, was his TD to Donnie Avery vs. the Lions. He evaded pressure until Avery got open, but I that was the play that made me love Luck because as soon as he threw the ball, it wasn't obvious Avery was gonna get the TD, and Luck followed his own pass in case he needed to get down there and block for his own receiver. Turns out he didn't need to but the fact that was both aware and willing to do that told me everything I needed to know about Luck at that point. Honorable mention to that frozen rope he threw to Moncrieff with a defender around his ankles.
The Following User Says Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 07:23 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
Can't complain too much but I think it's not the best choice for Edgerrin, because that was a great catch no doubt, but he has some mind blowing running highlights and they shoulda picked one of those.
Can't complain about the choice for Luck either, but I'd rather see an actual pass highlight. My vote, and my favorite Luck play, was his TD to Donnie Avery vs. the Lions. He evaded pressure until Avery got open, but I that was the play that made me love Luck because as soon as he threw the ball, it wasn't obvious Avery was gonna get the TD, and Luck followed his own pass in case he needed to get down there and block for his own receiver. Turns out he didn't need to but the fact that was both aware and willing to do that told me everything I needed to know about Luck at that point. Honorable mention to that frozen rope he threw to Moncrieff with a defender around his ankles.
Agreed on Edge.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:26 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Cool idea and some great memories in there but I’d quibble with some of the choices...

That was the best play he could find for Freeney? A lost effort in a lost season? I could say the same for Reggie but at least the play for him was something of a turning point in a season that did turn into a playoff one.

I’d probably go the touchdown against the Pats in the AFCCG for Addai but no major issue there given how sick that play was. I’ll never forget watching that one freshman year of college in the dorms.

I suppose it’s tough to find an individualized effort for Castonzo. Same can be said for Kelly/Nelson I suppose, though I feel like I’ve seen highlight plays from both that were of more note than the ones chosen for each of them respectively.

The play for Werner should’ve been when he gave up on the NFL and flew back to Europe. I accept nothing else.

Yeah, that’s about as good as it got for Hughes/Dorsett, huh?
The greatest Addai play that nobody remembers is actually in a 2007 losing effort to the Pats, when he takes a swing pass just before the end of the half for 70+ yards and a TD.