ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-13-2019, 09:56 AM
Chaka's Avatar
Chaka Chaka is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 498
Thanks: 194
Thanked 333 Times in 141 Posts
Default Kenny Moore Signs 4-year Deal

The Colts used a little of that cap space today - making Moore the highest paid slot corner "based upon new money" according to Rapoport:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1139165883010621441
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
Spike (06-14-2019)
  #2  
Old 06-13-2019, 09:59 AM
Luck4Reich's Avatar
Luck4Reich Luck4Reich is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Destin FL
Posts: 2,919
Thanks: 774
Thanked 1,405 Times in 752 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
The Colts used a little of that cap space today - making Moore the highest paid slot corner "based upon new money" according to Rapoport:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1139165883010621441
Good move.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Coltsfever (06-13-2019)
  #3  
Old 06-13-2019, 10:05 AM
Coltsalr's Avatar
Coltsalr Coltsalr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,795
Thanks: 533
Thanked 540 Times in 301 Posts
Default

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
Coltsfever (06-13-2019)
  #4  
Old 06-13-2019, 10:17 AM
Chaka's Avatar
Chaka Chaka is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 498
Thanks: 194
Thanked 333 Times in 141 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
Good move.
Yes, Moore seems to be well liked around here. GBB is a big fan, if I recall correctly. I'll be curious to see the terms/structure.

The Colts seem to be taking a page from MLB in focusing on early re-signs of their players to buy out a few of their free agent years. Moore's a pretty significant one. I wonder if they're thinking of doing something similar with Kelly, though I know his injury history would be a concern.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-13-2019, 10:36 AM
Chaka's Avatar
Chaka Chaka is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 498
Thanks: 194
Thanked 333 Times in 141 Posts
Default

The comments left below Rapoport’s twitter post are kind of funny to read. The prevailing response to the Moore news seems to be “Who?”, including a guy who simply says, “never heard his name ever said”.

Then there’s the Texans fans who are basically conceding the AFC South to the Colts.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-13-2019, 04:19 PM
Pez Pez is offline
Accidental Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,162
Thanks: 586
Thanked 393 Times in 215 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
The comments left below Rapoport’s twitter post are kind of funny to read. The prevailing response to the Moore news seems to be “Who?”, including a guy who simply says, “never heard his name ever said”.

Then there’s the Texans fans who are basically conceding the AFC South to the Colts.
Weird. Moore is great, great energy, good skills. Odd to me That there can be colts fans that haven't heard of him.

Darius' Leonard's mic'd up session has this hilarious bit where he screams "Get off me Kenny!"
__________________
** 2017 Premier league champion **

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (06-14-2019)
  #7  
Old 06-13-2019, 05:24 PM
AlwaysSunnyinIndy AlwaysSunnyinIndy is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 341
Thanks: 107
Thanked 232 Times in 136 Posts
Default

Details on the contract:

Per Rapoport

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1139241081826975744

Quote:
Details on the #Colts extension with slot CB Kenny Moore: He was to make $645K this year and would be an RFA next year at $3M or so, depending on the level. On his new deal, he’ll make $30M in new money from 2021-2023, with a max value of more than $36M, source said.
Per Joel Erickson

https://twitter.com/JoelAErickson/st...49426327752704

Quote:
Kenny Moore is now signed through 2023, per source, for $34 million, and another $6 million is available in escalators
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Chaka (06-17-2019)
  #8  
Old 06-13-2019, 05:40 PM
Colt Classic Colt Classic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,449
Thanks: 147
Thanked 318 Times in 199 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Weird. Moore is great, great energy, good skills. Odd to me That there can be colts fans that haven't heard of him.

Darius' Leonard's mic'd up session has this hilarious bit where he screams "Get off me Kenny!"
Not odd when you consider it's from the comments section of a Tweet.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Colt Classic For This Useful Post:
Pez (06-14-2019)
  #9  
Old 06-14-2019, 10:02 AM
Chaka's Avatar
Chaka Chaka is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 498
Thanks: 194
Thanked 333 Times in 141 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Weird. Moore is great, great energy, good skills. Odd to me That there can be colts fans that haven't heard of him.

Darius' Leonard's mic'd up session has this hilarious bit where he screams "Get off me Kenny!"
I had assumed the responses were from non-Colts fans, but if Colts fans are saying this it's even funnier. Just the contrast between the report of a record-breaking contract, and the fact the guy has such low name recognition. In any event, good signing and good message to the rest of the team.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-13-2019, 10:56 AM
VeveJones007 VeveJones007 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,040
Thanks: 1,151
Thanked 1,005 Times in 568 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Yes, Moore seems to be well liked around here. GBB is a big fan, if I recall correctly. I'll be curious to see the terms/structure.

The Colts seem to be taking a page from MLB in focusing on early re-signs of their players to buy out a few of their free agent years. Moore's a pretty significant one. I wonder if they're thinking of doing something similar with Kelly, though I know his injury history would be a concern.
This is what we discussed on here after they didn't go crazy in UFA. There's a lot of cap space this year that they can put towards extensions. It will create more cap room in 2020-2023 and could help them retain more of their own who would have otherwise hit free agency.
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VeveJones007 For This Useful Post:
apballin (06-16-2019), Butter (06-16-2019), Chaka (06-14-2019), Coltsfever (06-13-2019), Ironshaft (06-13-2019), Racehorse (06-13-2019), TheMugwump (06-13-2019), YDFL Commish (06-13-2019)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.