ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 05-14-2022, 04:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,595 Times in 925 Posts

I think the hope in the building is that Raimann will come in and have a Joe Staley like career, including starting from Day 1. That's certainly what I'm hoping for, and lots of reason to believe it could happen watching his tape. Didn't see much downside to him, and honestly his tape reminded me of late career Anthony Castanzo in that he had the technique (specifically excellent kick slide) and athleticism to handle elite speed off the edge, and overall showed out as an excellent pass blocker and an average run blocker, someone who can seal off a hole but won't get you very much push from the line of scrimmage.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:19 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I think the hope in the building is that Raimann will come in and have a Joe Staley like career, including starting from Day 1. That's certainly what I'm hoping for, and lots of reason to believe it could happen watching his tape. Didn't see much downside to him, and honestly his tape reminded me of late career Anthony Castanzo in that he had the technique (specifically excellent kick slide) and athleticism to handle elite speed off the edge, and overall showed out as an excellent pass blocker and an average run blocker, someone who can seal off a hole but won't get you very much push from the line of scrimmage.
He was more than an average run blocker. How many stiffs played next to him, and the Colts could always run left? Didnt miss many games, never made mental mistakes.

I wouldnt count on this guy starting at left tackle, he hasnt seen this kind of competition, ever.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:53 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
He was more than an average run blocker. How many stiffs played next to him, and the Colts could always run left? Didnt miss many games, never made mental mistakes.

I wouldnt count on this guy starting at left tackle, he hasnt seen this kind of competition, ever.
I said Castanzo didn't get push and was an effective run blocker by sealing off a running lane as opposed to getting push upfield. Castanzo was never an elite run blocker and was not effective by generating push upfield, as in moving the line of scrimmage forward by pushing the defender backward. Feel free to try to find tape that will prove that wrong, but I don't think you will.

As for Raimann, I'd encourage you to watch his LSU tape where he didn't have a single bad play as proof that he can play up to competition. His performance at the Senior Bowl was also solid.
Old 05-15-2022, 08:11 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
I said Castanzo didn't get push and was an effective run blocker by sealing off a running lane as opposed to getting push upfield. Castanzo was never an elite run blocker and was not effective by generating push upfield,
I had endzone seats for several years at LOS, and that statement is nonsense

https://www.colts.com/news/anthony-c...ed-player-2020

Last edited by JAFF; 05-15-2022 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-15-2022, 09:29 AM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
While I'm sure the hope is that he can step right in and start from day one, realistically speaking if he was ready to do that he likely would have been drafted well before where we picked up. For all of his physical traits he still has only played 2 years at OL in the MAC, which will probably be too big of a leap for him. Guessing he'll get eased into it, but of course stranger things have happened.
Old 05-15-2022, 01:25 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I had endzone seats for several years at LOS, and that statement is nonsense

https://www.colts.com/news/anthony-c...ed-player-2020
I hope you don't think that article refutes my point. If anything, it bolsters my point. The PFF grades say the exact same thing I said, elite pass blocker, average run blocker. I don't usually trust PFF, but it looks like they got that one right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
While I'm sure the hope is that he can step right in and start from day one, realistically speaking if he was ready to do that he likely would have been drafted well before where we picked up. For all of his physical traits he still has only played 2 years at OL in the MAC, which will probably be too big of a leap for him. Guessing he'll get eased into it, but of course stranger things have happened.
He played SEC teams (Missouri, LSU) and held up against them, also played well in the Senior Bowl. From what I've heard,, his medicals dropped him for a lot of teams, also he's a bit older than the average rookie at age 25. Either way, he's someone the Colts would've been comfortable taking at 42, and some outlets even had a first round grade on him.