ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 03-15-2022, 03:52 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

I dont advocate for a spending spree, but I dont understand why he almost never jumps on one high impact player. Who is ballard's biggest/best FA signing? Houston? Rivers?

and btw, I dont count resigning your own FAs. I am talking adding to the team with a new player.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (03-15-2022), IndyNorm (03-15-2022), Oldcolt (03-15-2022)
Old 03-15-2022, 05:35 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Right.

Also, these teams were winning like 2-5 games the season before. So they're playing last-place schedules AND making high draft picks AND spending all their money.... And a lot of times they're getting to what? 6-7 wins? And then they're right back in the cellar again when they don't play the last place schedule

By the way, you can tell without going back and reading the archives here who was happy during the off-season when Grigson bought Gore, Johnson, Cole, etc.
You mean to tell me a journalist only gave the facts that he wanted you to see? Who’d a thunk?
Old 03-15-2022, 05:36 PM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
I dont advocate for a spending spree, but I dont understand why he almost never jumps on one high impact player. Who is ballard's biggest/best FA signing? Houston? Rivers?

and btw, I dont count resigning your own FAs. I am talking adding to the team with a new player.
Well said. He spent some money on some mid-tier FAs in '17, but from '18 on has been super frugal. Rivers, Houston, Funches for 1 year $10M, Xavier Rhodes on his 1 year deal, and Fisher on his 1 year deal are pretty much it.

On top of not wanting to invest in FA he relies too much on his draft picks which haven't produced or stayed healthy somehow making big leaps or magically staying healthy (Banogu, Campbell, etc.).
Old 03-15-2022, 05:45 PM

I understand all of the angst so far, but two very important dominoes have to fall before the real action begins. One is Watson being traded. The second is Jimmy G. Once those are done, the rest will move much quicker for us. If Watson goes to a team with a real starter, that player would be traded or released. Jimmy G has to be moved tomorrow, if I understand that right. This is why I am being patient right now.
Old 03-15-2022, 05:45 PM

Thanked 1,260 Times in 720 Posts

We actually signed someone!

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2022/...-facyson-2022/

Probably just added depth at CB, but he's tall for a CB and has played for Bradley for 4 years.
Old 03-15-2022, 05:53 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 814 Posts

The #Colts are re-signing LB Zaire Franklin on a three-year, $12 million contract with $4 million guaranteed, per source.

also we are getting comp picks 5 and 6th round
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
JAFF (03-15-2022)
Old 03-15-2022, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I understand all of the angst so far, but two very important dominoes have to fall before the real action begins. One is Watson being traded. The second is Jimmy G. Once those are done, the rest will move much quicker for us. If Watson goes to a team with a real starter, that player would be traded or released. Jimmy G has to be moved tomorrow, if I understand that right. This is why I am being patient right now.
Probably not gonna see Jimmy G here. I was reading on NBC sports that they are wanting a 2nd. rounder plus. Didn't elaborate on the plus, but said a second by itself is not getting the job done. Lynch says they have him budgeted in for the season and will just go that way. I think as training camp gets closer they loosen their demands for him, but hopefully we have our house in order by then.
Old 03-15-2022, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post

Probably just added depth at CB, but he's tall for a CB and has played for Bradley for 4 years.
Ballard special - team friendly one year deal. Have to maintain long term flexibility.
Old 03-15-2022, 07:49 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post

Awesome job by dipshit Ballard. Boy, those special teams are going to be fantastic.
Old 03-15-2022, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
Probably not gonna see Jimmy G here. I was reading on NBC sports that they are wanting a 2nd. rounder plus. Didn't elaborate on the plus, but said a second by itself is not getting the job done. Lynch says they have him budgeted in for the season and will just go that way. I think as training camp gets closer they loosen their demands for him, but hopefully we have our house in order by then.
Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I wasn’t saying he would come here, just that those two dominoes have to fall first for a lot of teams, and then the real action will begin. There has been little action so far across the league, except for signing their own and a few others changing teams. No real studs that I have seen.
Lov2fish (03-15-2022)