ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 08-25-2019, 04:55 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts
Default Commitmant

I have no issues with Luck retiring for any reason he wants to. I think he was wrong to do it this way. There reaches a point in anything where you are committed to see it thru. If he had had enough of the NFL life but could not make up his mind until 2 weeks before the season started was to late. To late to quit on this particular season and this particular team. To late because you have given your word. It's just my opinion and I am keeping it in complete perspective (he is a 29 year old kid, didn't harm anyone and is definitely not responsible for my happiness) but I'm thinking he may wish he got a do over someday.
Old 08-25-2019, 04:59 PM

Thanked 4,361 Times in 2,508 Posts

My only issue is with the timing, but we don't know if there is more to the story.

Now if he starts playing in the XFL soon, I will not forgive the guy.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:12 PM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

I’m assuming the injury is worse than we were led to believe and he felt that instead of going on IR, he may as well just hang them up. Because he didn’t want to face another long painful rehab.

It makes a lot more sense than the current story.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 05:13 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I have no issues with Luck retiring for any reason he wants to. I think he was wrong to do it this way. There reaches a point in anything where you are committed to see it thru. If he had had enough of the NFL life but could not make up his mind until 2 weeks before the season started was to late. To late to quit on this particular season and this particular team. To late because you have given your word. It's just my opinion and I am keeping it in complete perspective (he is a 29 year old kid, didn't harm anyone and is definitely not responsible for my happiness) but I'm thinking he may wish he got a do over someday.
Most people don't face retirement until their 60’s. He's 29 and his brain couldn't overcome his body.

Its easy for someone who has never gotten his body beaten to a pulp to question his motivation. There are some things money can’t buy that would be future health the ability to get your ass out of bed every morning
Old 08-25-2019, 05:16 PM

Thanked 1,889 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Most people don't face retirement until their 60’s. He's 29 and his brain couldn't overcome his body.

Its easy for someone who has never gotten his body beaten to a pulp to question his motivation. There are some things money can’t buy that would be future health the ability to get your ass out of bed every morning
That’s the thing, though. He took less of a beating than any other starting qb last year and theres no reason to think this year would have been any different.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:43 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
That’s the thing, though. He took less of a beating than any other starting qb last year and theres no reason to think this year would have been any different.
Last year. He missed an entire year before. He had a major organ lacerated. He couldn't make his leg work like NORMAL people.

It's not about you. It's about Luck, and he took a beating winning games for the FANS.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:46 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

[QUOTE=JAFF;127699]Most people don't face retirement until their 60’s. He's 29 and his brain couldn't overcome his body.

Its easy for someone who has never gotten his body beaten to a pulp to question his motivation. There are some things money can’t buy that would be future health the ability to get your ass out of bed every morning[/QUOTE

Jaff I am not questioning his motivation. I am questioning his timing. I don't appreciate or need your little personal attack at the end.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:51 PM
Post whore

[QUOTE=Oldcolt;127705]
Quote:

Its easy for someone who has never gotten his body beaten to a pulp to question his motivation. There are some things money can’t buy that would be future health the ability to get your ass out of bed every morning[/QUOTE

Jaff I am not questioning his motivation. I am questioning his timing. I don't appreciate or need your little personal attack at the end.
Well you should ask Luck how he feels about what you said about him.

The NFL is a brutal game. Luck broke down into tears when he retired. His body won't let him be what he wants to be. Most people don't have that hit them until their 50s. He's 29

I don't know you, so what ever I said was not personal.

As to his timming, he was doing EVERYTHING he could to compete and not let down his teammates. He realized, he couldn't do it. He's a young man and his body let him down.

Give him a break. He can't do what he loves.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:15 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
It's about Luck, and he took a beating winning games for the FANS.
I think that's a fallacy. You don't know that he played the game for the fans. I doubt he did. I think he played the game because he enjoyed it and enjoyed being part of the team. The fans like to think that these guys do it for them, and the teams like to tell fans that because it makes fans feel part of it and helps sell tickets. I'm sure he enjoyed the fans (until yesterday), but I doubt he played "for the fans."
Old 08-25-2019, 06:19 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
My only issue is with the timing, but we don't know if there is more to the story.

Now if he starts playing in the XFL soon, I will not forgive the guy.
Pretty sure he can't play in the XFL or any other professional football while the Colts hold his rights, and I doubt he would want to anyway. He would more likely do broadcasting/analyst work.