ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-25-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
He has spent the last 4 years doing rehab every day during the offseason so he could be ready to play. He hurts and rehab isn't helping. He's tired for swimming up stream. He's done.

It's his life and he can do what he wants. If he doesn't want to play anymore, it's his life. Get the heck over it

You even typed, " does not seem to be a football related injury" How do you know that?
Isn't helping?

His shoulder is fine now. it got better

Now its his ankle/calf. It could improve as well

How do I know its not football related? Because it was never brought up last season and appeared out of nowhere in the offseason. ANd he has admittedly done no football related work this offseason.

And you don't want people to just get over it, you want people to stop criticizing him for it, which won't happen. Not for awhile.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:52 PM

People are wired differently. Some will fall on their sword before quitting, others need to still love the game in order to continue. Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, both HOFers quit the game at the same age as Luck. I never looked at either of them as betraying the game they loved and I don't feel that way about Luck. The inner flame that made all 3 of them great competitors burned out, so they quit.
JAFF (08-25-2019), Racehorse (08-25-2019), VeveJones007 (08-26-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 08:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
People are wired differently. Some will fall on their sword before quitting, others need to still love the game in order to continue. Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, both HOFers quit the game at the same age as Luck. I never looked at either of them as betraying the game they loved and I don't feel that way about Luck. The inner flame that made all 3 of them great competitors burned out, so they quit.
Football is hard when you love it. It's impossible if you hate it
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 08:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
Based on everything we have heard from everyone that reports on this. Not one person has reported that he has an injury to his ankle or calf that is permanent or that cannot be healed. HE did not even make that claim when he retired. If that is true, he should have said so, no reason not to say so at his point. Why Wouldn't he say it if that were the case? The colts and reporters have never made that claim. Not one person.

Do you know differently? I am going based on everything that has been reported to date
He literally said he was tired of the cycle. Pain/rehab pain/rehab and its in his head. But he has a calf injury and maybe a sprained ankle. Should be fine in a couple months at most. He just doesn't want to play anymore.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:53 PM

Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,474 Posts

I'm over it. I really wish the guy best of luck (no pun intended) for the rest of his life. I hope he remains healthy and lives the life he wants. While I wish he would have retired in March, it is what it is now and there's no use being too pissed about it.

I'm also excited to see what JB can do now that he has the keys to the car (a car that's significantly better than the 2017 version), and how the coaching staff can use him.

Still, I'd be lying if my excitement level was the same as it was a week ago. Now I'm happy if the Colts get to the playoffs, and that kind of sucks. Still, I'm sure two weeks from now I'll be pretty happy to see some real Colts football.
Ironshaft (08-25-2019), VeveJones007 (08-26-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 09:31 PM

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,639 Posts

Will not be over it for a while. Colts fans will feel pain until they are winning. Winning cures all with time. This stings a lot because of the timing and the fact that Ballard has put together a team that has a chance to win it all.

I hope Brisset proves me wrong and Reich has him firing on all cylinders. There are some weapons on this team to be excited about. Can Reich put a game plan in that Brisset can manage? It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luck4Reich For This Useful Post:
Coltsfever (08-26-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 09:37 PM

Thanked 1,895 Times in 922 Posts

I mean, I don’t have a choice. I’m laying here right now in bed thinking “holy shit, Andrew Luck REALLY retired”. It just doesn’t seem real to me.

I’ll be watching on opening day as always, but I’m taking a break between now and then. No Colts stuff at all, away from this board.

I’m a little burned out right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoopsdoc For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 11:13 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Nope, not over it. Might be getting over the Colts and the NFL though. We'll see.
Then jump off but you're going to miss the Colts shock the world.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:55 AM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Not over it quite yet. When I first heard of his retirement, it was like someone hitting me in the nuts with a baseball bat. My reaction was that Luck betrayed us all, like a girl dumping you out of no where.

Was really excited about this year, still am, but not at the same level. I have always defended Luck against the naysayers, and I hated the fact that Griggs and Pags basically fucked him over.

Luck's retirement doesn't affect my love of the Colts and I will be rooting for them every week. Hell, every year I pay for the NFL package just to watch the Colts, and will continue to do so.

I understand fans being pissed off, a generational talent just left us and the news just came out of nowhere.

This move just makes me appreciate Peyton Manning even more.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:31 AM

Step up team. You lost a very talented cog in your machine, but it was a worn cog, and not able to do the job any longer. Perhaps one of the new, hungry cogs will shine. Certainly, it can work as well as that worn out cog that was prone to fail at critical times. Next cog up.
JAFF (08-26-2019)