ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-25-2019, 07:11 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
He lacerated his spleen, not his liver, and that has long since healed

Same with the torn labrum, its healed and has not since been mentioned as a problem in a year

He has an ankle calf muscle or tendon injury, not nerve damage. There is no indication he can't recover from this injury, he just has no desire to try to do so.

Its not that he CANT get healed, he is no longer interested in trying to get healed to keep playing

So be it, but call that what it is, quitting.

The is not so injured he can no longer play or that his life is in danger in any way, no indication of any permanent long term damage. He just is done trying to work through injuries.

He can make that choose, but it doesn't change what this is, which is quitting
He's damaged interal organs, torn muscles, and damaged ligements and tendons. He's in pain every day. He's not in the Marines. He's hasn't commited treason. He's protecting his own health. Wouldn't YOU?
Old 08-25-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
He's damaged interal organs, torn muscles, and damaged ligements and tendons. He's in pain every day. He's not in the Marines. He's hasn't commited treason. He's protecting his own health. Wouldn't YOU?
And I am not saying he should be shot for treason or kicked out of the country.

But he still quit on his team two weeks before the season and the fans have a justified reason for being mad

They booed a man. So what? Is that so bad? Is he so psychologically fragile he cannot even take some booing?

This idea that "you would do the same thing" (maybe I would, maybe not, I don't know. the same who you say "you don't know what he is going through, then its brought up "you'd do the same thing". You can't make both those arguments, mutually exclusive) or "he has...." some reason still doesn't ignore the fact on what he did, which is quit the game right before a season when PHYSICALLY he could still play

Not a single doctor has been mentioned that told him ,"You have to quit football for your own good" or "You can't play anymore at this level." THis is his decision and a decision he can certainly make, its his life

But that doesn't mean he can't be criticized for it or is absolved from the consequences or public opinion. And some rightfully view this as just quiting at the worst time for the team based almost entirely on what is best for him and him alone. And not because he can't play, but because he doesn't want to play
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (08-25-2019), Hoopsdoc (08-25-2019), Spike (08-26-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 07:34 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Dude, do you not see that you are negating your exact points with your points? You keep calling people out as though they aren't entitled to say things because they DON'T KNOW if what they are saying is fact, yet you are turning around and demanding that everyone bow down to Andy because he was so hurt he couldn't do this anymore because his bones were sticking out of his ankle and there was muscle and bone exposed to the masses.

I am going to go back to the FACTS that we do know.

1- He himself said in OTA's, this was not a major thing and said he KNEW he would be ready for camp.
2- He himself said that he's had EVERYTHING under the sun done and there is no risk to the Achilles.
3- He himself talked about the x-rays showing nothing structural in the area.
4- He himself went through some interesting pre-game stuff on camera last week and showed zero signs of any type of discomfort. Was in fact doing the standard Luck "I am having the time of my life" chuckles throughout.
5- The TEAM that he works for has said HE is in control of the return, thus implying THEY (the team doctors) feel he is not at medical risk to continue playing and THEY would not stand in his way. That's a HUGE piece of the puzzle, when the TEAM is saying the player controls things that's a signal from the team that their diagnosis says the player is cleared to go if he wants to.
6- At NO POINT, none, not a single mention, over the course of 4 months plus has ANYONE, Andy or likewise associated with the team, showed him, talked about, whispered to reporters, jack shit about Andy wearing a brace, a boot, crutches, a simple brown wrap- not a damned thing to evidence any type of material injury to the area.

None of that is conjecture, those are the facts.

This is the NFL, these guys have the best, the very best top shelf training staffs in the world. If you believe that this guy has a foot, calf, ankle, leg that is so jacked up that he can't play anymore, then let's sit down with that paperwork for that swampland in Dubai... I will have my agent TY Hilton bring some of his medical reports from late last year so please get ahold of Andy's and let's compare notes...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
DrSpaceman (08-25-2019), Hoopsdoc (08-25-2019), Spike (08-26-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
So going out there and failing for 2-3 games would be better than getting out when you KNOW you can't do what you once were really good at?
Again, not what he CAN"T do, at least physically. Not the issue

Its he DOESNT WANT TO DO IT.

Big difference.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:40 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Again, not what he CAN"T do, at least physically. Not the issue

Its he DOESNT WANT TO DO IT.

Big difference.
To be really good at football, at any level, is that you don't mind the pain. Apparently, his physical pain is beyond what he can manage. He can't bring himself to play.

What are going to do, put a gun to his head?

Ron White on hunting, " it's early, it's cold and I don't fucking want to go".

Luck can't get his head around playing. He's done. IT's his life so get over it
Old 08-25-2019, 07:41 PM

Also, if he had done this LAST YEAR, even just before the season, I would have been fine with it

It would have been Colts didn't protect him, he could get hurt again, he has suffered enough, OK, I get it.

After last season though, he had no problems, the line is better, the GM and coach are better, they did everything they could to improve his situation.

And then he decides to retire after all that, when they made the needed changes.

And also, from what I gather THIS DOES NOT EVEN SEEM TO BE A FOOTBALL RELATED INJURY. Came up in the middle of the offseason.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 07:44 PM
Post whore

Quote:

And also, from what I gather THIS DOES NOT EVEN SEEM TO BE A FOOTBALL RELATED INJURY. Came up in the middle of the offseason.
He has spent the last 4 years doing rehab every day during the offseason so he could be ready to play. He hurts and rehab isn't helping. He's tired for swimming up stream. He's done.

It's his life and he can do what he wants. If he doesn't want to play anymore, it's his life. Get the heck over it

You even typed, " does not seem to be a football related injury" How do you know that?
Old 08-25-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
To be really good at football, at any level, is that you don't mind the pain. Apparently, his physical pain is beyond what he can manage. He can't bring himself to play.

What are going to do, put a gun to his head?

Ron White on hunting, " it's early, it's cold and I don't fucking want to go".

Luck can't get his head around playing. He's done. IT's his life so get over it
I don't believe that Its not about pain, you are making excuses for him.

If it was about pain, the only thing he could have chronic pain from is his shoulder injury. He never said that was the case and if it was true, he would have retired in the offseason.

If he has leg pain, it can get better with rehab. He has said, I don't want to even try to the rehab.

I treat chronic pain all the time, its my job, so just get that bullshit out of here. It that was the issue for one, he should just say so, and he did not and two, he would not have done it now.

you are just throwing out excuses for the guy

He doesn't want to play anymore. You're right I can't force him. But I can say he is a quitter for that attitude, which he is. BY DEFINITION. Retired, in his prime, two weeks before the season, with no compelling physical ailment he brought up as a reason he could not keep trying to play long term

Quitter.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 07:48 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
I don't believe that Its not about pain, you are making excuses for him.

If it was about pain, the only thing he could have chronic pain from is his shoulder injury. He never said that was the case and if it was true, he would have retired in the offseason.

If he has leg pain, it can get better with rehab. He has said, I don't want to even try to the rehab.

I treat chronic pain all the time, its my job, so just get that bullshit out of here. It that was the issue for one, he should just say so, and he did not and two, he would not have done it now.

you are just throwing out excuses for the guy

He doesn't want to play anymore. You're right I can't force him. But I can say he is a quitter for that attitude, which he is. BY DEFINITION. Retired, in his prime, two weeks before the season, with no compelling physical ailment he brought up as a reason he could not keep trying to play long term

Quitter.
B-I-N-G-O
B-I-N-G-O
and quitter was his name-eo
Old 08-25-2019, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Also, if he had done this LAST YEAR, even just before the season, I would have been fine with it

It would have been Colts didn't protect him, he could get hurt again, he has suffered enough, OK, I get it.

After last season though, he had no problems, the line is better, the GM and coach are better, they did everything they could to improve his situation.

And then he decides to retire after all that, when they made the needed changes.

Frank said he injured it last season. Was able to play through it and the pain eventually went away. He played in the ProBowl and was fine then it came back and he thought with some rest he'd be fine. It didn't.

He said he doesn't want to have to miss practice rehabbing all the time. Sitting in rehab all the time, all the questioning, not getting to practice with the team and his team mates took his joy away.

I would have been more pissed off had he just went through the motions and took the money this season and then retired. He knows JB is in a contract yr. He see's Kelly playing well. He decided it is time to move on.

He played like Favre maybe he retires like Favre.

His decision Im good with it. He took more of a beating than most guys have had to. He gave it his all as long as he could. He just felt like he couldn't give it anymore.
Racehorse (08-25-2019)