ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-25-2019, 11:56 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts
Default Colts won't recoup $24.8 from Luck...

Because they reached a financial settlement with him...

LAST WEEK

He's been schemin' and plottin' on this for a while IMO...

More and more I think this guy is a greedy snake that doesn't really give 2 shits about his team mates...Go back to Europe and ride your snow board and stay away from anything that resembles a team you d-bag...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...oup-money-luck
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 12:51 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,268 Times in 2,016 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post

Because they reached a financial settlement with him...

LAST WEEK

He's been schemin' and plottin' on this for a while, IMO ........

More and more I think that this guy is a greedy snake that doesn't really give 2 shits about his teammates ........ Go back to Europe, and ride your snow board and stay away from anything that resembles a team, you d-bag ........

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...oup-money-luck

o

A) ) Good info. Thank you.

B) ) I like this ........ I see this as Irsay and company/the Colts organization taking the high road, and as far as I'm concerned, a good reputation is a good thing. The more that my favorite team appears to be the antithesis of the Patriots (a perennially cheating organization known for Spy-Gate and Deflate-Gate almost as much as they are known for their Super Bowl appearances and their Super Bowl wins) in terms of reputation/credibility, the better.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
Butter (08-25-2019), JAFF (08-25-2019), Racehorse (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 12:59 PM

I am cool with that part of it O&C, Jim is a classy guy when it comes to comp for his guys.

But the fact this was LAST WEEK says a lot about what has really been going on behind the scenes and I think it speaks lout volumes about why Frank was so dismissive of Andrew working out in the warm ups last week- he was a Colt in name only by that time and I would say that's been the case for months as they worked out these terms.

These are some of the brightest financial guys going right- top paid GM's, top paid agents, this isn't some 3/4th string guy that breaks and arm prior to the season and he and the team strike some small injury settlement so he can have a little money in his pocket while searching out a possible team.

Nope- for a top 5 player in the league to basically reach an INJURY settlement LAST WEEK, man this has to have been in the works for a long time. I doubt Andy's agent called up Ballard last Tuesday and said "give us $24 Mil and we'll just ride of into the sunset" and Ballard said "yessir".... this has to be the result of a bunch of back and forth over some protracted period of time...

Again, to me, this looks like a long con by a con artist basically extorting his club for cash.

I have gone from loving this guy as the 2nd coming, a savior of my favorite team to despising him in the span of about 18 hours!
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
DrSpaceman (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 01:39 PM

Thanked 4,378 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
I am cool with that part of it O&C, Jim is a classy guy when it comes to comp for his guys.

But the fact this was LAST WEEK says a lot about what has really been going on behind the scenes and I think it speaks lout volumes about why Frank was so dismissive of Andrew working out in the warm ups last week- he was a Colt in name only by that time and I would say that's been the case for months as they worked out these terms.

These are some of the brightest financial guys going right- top paid GM's, top paid agents, this isn't some 3/4th string guy that breaks and arm prior to the season and he and the team strike some small injury settlement so he can have a little money in his pocket while searching out a possible team.

Nope- for a top 5 player in the league to basically reach an INJURY settlement LAST WEEK, man this has to have been in the works for a long time. I doubt Andy's agent called up Ballard last Tuesday and said "give us $24 Mil and we'll just ride of into the sunset" and Ballard said "yessir".... this has to be the result of a bunch of back and forth over some protracted period of time...

Again, to me, this looks like a long con by a con artist basically extorting his club for cash.

I have gone from loving this guy as the 2nd coming, a savior of my favorite team to despising him in the span of about 18 hours!
Con artist? Come on, man!
daedge (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Con artist? Come on, man!
Dude, looks like he played this about as well as someone that saw an opening could. I just don't see this all developing over the span of a few days, just don't see how with a guy of his stature in the industry. And if that's the case and you're talking "months" worth of negotiation, and the guy basically had to play the "well I MIGHT and I MIGHT not" game in order to arrive at a golden parachute (brass' comments that it is Andy driving the process at this point from a couple / three weeks ago)... sorry not sure how that's not gaming the system for everything it's worth?
Old 08-25-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Dude, looks like he played this about as well as someone that saw an opening could. I just don't see this all developing over the span of a few days, just don't see how with a guy of his stature in the industry. And if that's the case and you're talking "months" worth of negotiation, and the guy basically had to play the "well I MIGHT and I MIGHT not" game in order to arrive at a golden parachute (brass' comments that it is Andy driving the process at this point from a couple / three weeks ago)... sorry not sure how that's not gaming the system for everything it's worth?
A con artist wouldn’t play with a lacerated kidney. A con artist wouldn’t have been Comeback Player of the Year.

I get it. You’re pissed. We all are. However, you’re looking like a troll at this point.
AlwaysSunnyinIndy (08-25-2019), Dewey 5 (08-25-2019), JAFF (08-25-2019), njcoltfan (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
A con artist wouldn’t play with a lacerated kidney. A con artist wouldn’t have been Comeback Player of the Year.

I get it. You’re pissed. We all are. However, you’re looking like a troll at this point.
I don't dispute his past injuries, I don't discount how fucking awesome the guy has been to this point, I think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread on that front.

However looking at things from a different prism with regard to this "calf strain" thing, I just don't find a way to put all the pieces together and say "yep, I get it", I just don't. If you're that bothered by the thing you have long since done something about it and if you just decided the time had come to hang them up, you didn't reach an injury settlement with your team- LAST WEEK! He looks terrible from where I sit.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:04 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,618 Times in 2,026 Posts

This is hedging their bets. That money was already accounted for. They aren't going to dish it out to anyone else at this point. However, if in a year or two when Luck is healthy and feeling like himself again he might think about coming back. If that is the case Colts want to be at the front of the line.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
AlwaysSunnyinIndy (08-25-2019), Oldcolt (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I don't dispute his past injuries, I don't discount how fucking awesome the guy has been to this point, I think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread on that front.

However looking at things from a different prism with regard to this "calf strain" thing, I just don't find a way to put all the pieces together and say "yep, I get it", I just don't. If you're that bothered by the thing you have long since done something about it and if you just decided the time had come to hang them up, you didn't reach an injury settlement with your team- LAST WEEK! He looks terrible from where I sit.
Fair enough. Just not a con artist.
Old 08-25-2019, 02:24 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
This is hedging their bets. That money was already accounted for. They aren't going to dish it out to anyone else at this point. However, if in a year or two when Luck is healthy and feeling like himself again he might think about coming back. If that is the case Colts want to be at the front of the line.
It also keeps them looking good to other players in the league and on the team. It helps when free agency (we will have a shitload of money) rolls around and you are trying to sell your team. It's the smart classy move by the Colts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (08-25-2019), Racehorse (08-25-2019)