ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 08-25-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
I would think the Colts would still retain his rights, is this correct?
So does the NFL. Say if he wanted to play in that other league, the NFL won't allow it. It's the same in all professional sports. Pro athletes are not allowed to participate in say a community league in the offseason.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:48 PM

I would trade him.

Don't want him back after this. I don't care how good he is at QB.

And inevitably if he tried to come back, in a season or so, he would be right back in this "do I or don't I" want to play

in the end, I just don't think he loved the game as much as many others do. Not like Manning or dare I say, Brady. He likes it, but he has other interests. Which is perfectly fine. His to choose, but that doesn't diminish the fact he is quitting on a team that is in position to win a title in the next few years.

For that reason I don't see him coming back. He will work with his dad in business or some executive function in sports.

Fine, go do it, don't let the door hit you in the ass. You might injure yourself.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (08-25-2019), Oldcolt (08-25-2019), Racehorse (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 01:50 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Colts paid him his 2019 salary anyway.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:51 PM

Thanked 4,362 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
I would trade him.

Don't want him back after this. I don't care how good he is at QB.

And inevitably if he tried to come back, in a season or so, he would be right back in this "do I or don't I" want to play

in the end, I just don't think he loved the game as much as many others do. Not like Manning or dare I say, Brady. He likes it, but he has other interests. Which is perfectly fine. His to choose, but that doesn't diminish the fact he is quitting on a team that is in position to win a title in the next few years.

For that reason I don't see him coming back. He will work with his dad in business or some executive function in sports.

Fine, go do it, don't let the door hit you in the ass. You might injure yourself.
I wonder if a team would trade for his rights at this point. Maybe the Raiders or Redskins. Nobody else would take that chance. Would you? I don’t think I would, unless I was 0-16 desperate, and even then, I would have the pick of the QB class, so...
Old 08-25-2019, 01:52 PM

Thanked 4,362 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Colts paid him his 2019 salary anyway.
That maybe Jim’s way of keeping the door open a crack for a return
Old 08-25-2019, 02:08 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
That maybe Jim’s way of keeping the door open a crack for a return
That's what I was thinking. Will have to win over the fanbase and the team again though.

You know who could have used some of that money, the fans who paid for tickets. Think a guy who makes 60k a year feels the dent of season tickets? A lot of people feel betrayed, deceived, etc. The media is too busy slut shaming the fanbase, but that just tells me how out of touch with the fanbase they are.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 02:23 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
That's what I was thinking. Will have to win over the fanbase and the team again though.

You know who could have used some of that money, the fans who paid for tickets. Think a guy who makes 60k a year feels the dent of season tickets? A lot of people feel betrayed, deceived, etc. The media is too busy slut shaming the fanbase, but that just tells me how out of touch with the fanbase they are.
100% agree with this right here, I've thought the same thing about this, very out of touch. I don't get this contingent going around with the "but you pay to see the team not a player so what's the big deal?", while true at premise, we also pay to see the stars do their magical things and when the brightest star isn't there, well the value of the magic is invariably diminished.

Now think about the flipside revenue possibilities, can you imagine the rubber band effect if Jacoby can do this- if he could pull this rabbit out and lead this team to a SB- they wouldn't be able to print jersey's fast enough and the fans would rally around him and this team like crazy he would challenge Peyton for status around here if it were to somehow happen (and I am not going to say it can't, more and more I believe we have the assembled talent and the right leader to pull something like this off).
Old 08-25-2019, 02:26 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Yes, I believe they retain his rights perpetually. They would have to release him.

I wondered about him wanting to return after a year off as well. I would think he would have to be pretty damn convincing, that he was all in and in for the long haul.

I’m not sure he’d want to come back to Indy though.
His problem is not with the owner, front office or coach. It's with his body
Old 08-25-2019, 02:27 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Don't ever want to see his face again...
What are you? A sixteen year old girl?
Old 08-25-2019, 02:29 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
Just mad. Fuck that dude. Straight up quit on the team he's supposed to lead. God-damned chump.
He's 29 years old and he's been doing physical rehab since he lacerated his spleen. Then the arm, now the leg.

If he stops now, he MIGHT have a regular life. But he's 29 with a 55 year old body.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (08-25-2019)