ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 08-25-2019, 02:16 PM

Default Dakich is on today from 2-4pm 107.5 The Fan

Luck/Colts special broadcast Sunday 2-4 pm 107.5 fyi...
Old 08-25-2019, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsvilleColtsFan View Post
Luck/Colts special broadcast Sunday 2-4 pm 107.5 fyi...
If someone listens please give a re cap. I cant listen to that douche
Old 08-25-2019, 03:56 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
If someone listens please give a re cap. I cant listen to that douche
Does anyone want to admit they listen to that douche?
Old 08-25-2019, 04:21 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,020 Posts

I listened. Said the local media was going soft on him. If another QB for another team had done this like Trubisky or Goff people would be going off. Said they have always been soft on him. Said he didn’t have the mental makeup to be the guy. Too nice, wasn’t dedicated enough. Said Manning was dedicated, worked tirelessly, Andrew didn’t, didn’t do the off season work/after practice work. Lots of angry fans: some angry at Dakich, some at the team, some angry at the media, some at Andrew.

Lots of conspiracy theories: Team knew, Andrew has worse injury than telling us, Andrew has a opioid problem, Andrew has depression, etc.
Old 08-25-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I listened. Said the local media was going soft on him. Said they have always been soft on him. Said he didn’t have the mental makeup to be the guy. Too nice, wasn’t dedicated enough. Said Manning was dedicated, worked tirelessly, Andrew didn’t, didn’t do the off season work/after practice work. Lots of angry fans: some angry at Dakich, some at the team, some angry at the media, some at Andrew.

Lots of conspiracy theories: Team knew, Andrew has worse injury than telling us, Andrew has a opioid problem, Andrew has depression, etc.
I know some don't like Dakich but he is a better radio guy than most in my opinion because he doesn't give the cookie cutter answers and the vanilla, run of the mill crap you get most places.

And I completely agree with him here.

Andrew never loved the game as much as Manning. There is no way in the same situation you would see Peyton Manning retire. In fact, we saw it, much worse, and he didn't. There is literally almost no worse an injury a QB can suffer than a C7 radiculopathy of the throwing arm, lost most of his strength there in the triceps, and he kept playing at a much older age, after many other injuries as bad or worse than Luck had. I always thought that was the difference between Manning and Luck. Luck could walk away easily, Manning would have to be forced off the field. Proved to be true

Agree about the soft local media. They have always been this way, not just for the Colts but Pacers and all local teams.

if you want to blame Grigson and Irsay for his early years, fine, no argument from me, but that is all past and the team is obviously in good hands now in terms of management.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (08-25-2019), Oldcolt (08-25-2019), smitty46953 (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpaceman View Post
I know some don't like Dakich but he is a better radio guy than most in my opinion because he doesn't give the cookie cutter answers and the vanilla, run of the mill crap you get most places.

And I completely agree with him here.

Andrew never loved the game as much as Manning. There is no way in the same situation you would see Peyton Manning retire. In fact, we saw it, much worse, and he didn't. There is literally almost no worse an injury a QB can suffer than a C7 radiculopathy of the throwing arm, lost most of his strength there in the triceps, and he kept playing at a much older age, after many other injuries as bad or worse than Luck had. I always thought that was the difference between Manning and Luck. Luck could walk away easily, Manning would have to be forced off the field. Proved to be true

Agree about the soft local media. They have always been this way, not just for the Colts but Pacers and all local teams.

if you want to blame Grigson and Irsay for his early years, fine, no argument from me, but that is all past and the team is obviously in good hands now in terms of management.
Dakich is a good guy - I certainly don't always agree with him but he's no "homer" and isn't afraid to be critical of the Colts players and management. My wife won a charity auction a couple years ago and for my birthday I was Dan's guest for an hour. He's a stand up guy.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZionsvilleColtsFan For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 10:44 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

I like listening to him, he doesn't sugar coat anything and gives his opinion like it or not
Old 08-26-2019, 08:05 AM

Thanked 1,655 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsvilleColtsFan View Post
Dakich is a good guy .
Don't be ridiculous. Guy is the biggest dickhead in sports radio. He doesn't know jack about Andrew Luck. How much time does Dakich spend hanging around the Colts facility? None. He has no more information than the above average fan, and he spins that little information into a narrative he likes, which is usually about celebrating the biggest assholes in sports
Old 08-26-2019, 08:09 AM

Fans act like we own him.
Old 08-26-2019, 08:10 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
Don't be ridiculous. Guy is the biggest dickhead in sports radio. He doesn't know jack about Andrew Luck. How much time does Dakich spend hanging around the Colts facility? None. He has no more information than the above average fan, and he spins that little information into a narrative he likes, which is usually about celebrating the biggest assholes in sports
I don't particularly like him but I do think despite not spending time at locations like some of the beat guys do, I think that is said, a lot of the time the stuff that is "speculated" about on his show (my belief by fake reporters to cover his sources), turns out to be true somewhere down the line.

Tags
andrew luck dan dakich