ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-27-2022, 02:39 PM

Thanked 2,641 Times in 1,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
I hear you JAFF but wonder how many of those players went from sitting at home with essentially zero coaching experience to being in charge of a position as coach?

Stampede blue has an article saying that this is to improve the locker room. WTF? Ballard has been bragging since he got here about how he was all about building this so called 'great' locker room. Couldn't bring in big time free agents because the 'culture' wasn't right but not to worry- the Colts even hired this guy Brian Decker because he was such a genius at picking out the 'right' kind of player. After 5 years we find out that this was pure bullshit. Ballard and company cannot get into a man's head anymore than you or me. So we may have passed on some really good football players in order to build this winning culture, a huge part of the Ballard formula, and it was a total failure (just look at how these shitheads all fell apart).

I'm beginning to sour on this regime.
I don't want to pick the scab off an old wound, but Ballard didn't handle the Luck retirement right either...then railed against the shocked and disappointed fans that booed before they really had a chance to digest losing a great franchise QB. Not saying the fans handled it well, but neither did Ballard, the way it leaked out and caught so many of us off guard and then he lectures everyone...that soured me on him and I have never quite gotten over it!
Oldcolt (02-27-2022)
Old 02-27-2022, 02:43 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
I hear you JAFF but wonder how many of those players went from sitting at home with essentially zero coaching experience to being in charge of a position as coach?

Stampede blue has an article saying that this is to improve the locker room. WTF? Ballard has been bragging since he got here about how he was all about building this so called 'great' locker room. Couldn't bring in big time free agents because the 'culture' wasn't right but not to worry- the Colts even hired this guy Brian Decker because he was such a genius at picking out the 'right' kind of player. After 5 years we find out that this was pure bullshit. Ballard and company cannot get into a man's head anymore than you or me. So we may have passed on some really good football players in order to build this winning culture, a huge part of the Ballard formula, and it was a total failure (just look at how these shitheads all fell apart).

I'm beginning to sour on this regime.
Frank knows these guys, he was a coach in Indy.

And they both made more money playing football than coaching it. Longer hours and more pressure to succeed is in their future and they know it.. June has been coaching in small HBSU because he could get experience. He has a record as a coach. Reggie has a record as a team captain, who had to maximize his knowledge to offset his lack of Harrison speed.

They have a record of success. They WANT to be in Indy.
Old 02-27-2022, 02:50 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
I don't want to pick the scab off an old wound, but Ballard didn't handle the Luck retirement right either...then railed against the shocked and disappointed fans that booed before they really had a chance to digest losing a great franchise QB. Not saying the fans handled it well, but neither did Ballard, the way it leaked out and caught so many of us off guard and then he lectures everyone...that soured me on him and I have never quite gotten over it!
Do you think Ballard leaked it? Why would he?
Old 02-27-2022, 03:02 PM

Thanked 2,641 Times in 1,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Do you think Ballard leaked it? Why would he?
The leaking was only part of the problem, it was handled badly in my opinion. Other high profile players in the league have retired unexpectedly and it didn't turn into a shit show like this did, even if he didn't leak it, someone in his circle did!
Oldcolt (02-27-2022)
Old 02-27-2022, 03:07 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Damn strait on that one
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Dewey 5 (03-05-2022)
Old 02-27-2022, 03:13 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I think it was handled badly but tend to give Ballard some slack on it. This was something that almost never happens (franchise QB deciding to retire at his age), so transversing it perfectly is asking a lot. Ballard was relatively new in the position and I personally handled it poorly so I have a hard time damning someone else who did. I don't really blame anyone for the whole thing. Luck had every right to retire. It is his life. I think if they were honest most of the parties would have done it differently (I include myself in this). People learn and almost never get it correct the first time, at least that has been my own personal experience. Ancient history anyway. Five years is forever in the NFL.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (02-27-2022), Racehorse (02-27-2022)
Old 02-27-2022, 03:15 PM
Post whore

Quote:
The leaking was only part of the problem, it was handled badly in my opinion. Other high profile players in the league have retired unexpectedly and it didn't turn into a shit show like this did, even if he didn't leak it, someone in his circle did!
Someone in the organization leaked it, before the end of the preseason game. I doubt it was Ballard. Someone in the locker room or agent wanted to be first on twitter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (02-27-2022), Oldcolt (02-27-2022)
Old 02-27-2022, 08:30 PM

Thanked 4,405 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Someone in the organization leaked it, before the end of the preseason game. I doubt it was Ballard. Someone in the locker room or agent wanted to be first on twitter
My guess is someone was talking about it on the sidelines, and was overheard. Probably totally accidental.
JAFF (02-28-2022)
Old 03-05-2022, 10:35 AM

Thanked 1,334 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
To be fair Reggie would be the only former player hired to be the position coach. June and Mitchell are assistant position coaches, and June has been coaching LBs in college for quite a while now.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-06-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 01:49 PM

Welcome back, Reggie!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Discflinger For This Useful Post:
JAFF (03-14-2022), Oldcolt (03-14-2022), Racehorse (03-14-2022)