ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-02-2020, 04:56 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1369 View Post
Good he recognizes it, but some of us were saying it last year. Bodes well for Sheard though.
This has been my criticism of him. Great he acknowledges it post-season. Be nice if he recognized it before the season started.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:56 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
That was another interesting tidbit, the quote about Ebron. Clearly, that bridge has been burned, for whatever reason.

Probably just as well, as we don’t currently have the quarterback to make him good enough to keep.
Less about Qb, more about him
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
Pez (01-02-2020)
Old 01-02-2020, 04:58 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Less about Qb, more about him
Probably talked too much to the press about kicking Reich's door down. But I can understand him wanting to get ahead of the media. The fanbase really hates him in Detroit and it probably started with the bad press.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:09 PM

Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Probably talked too much to the press about kicking Reich's door down.
I don't think the "kicking Reich's door down" quote was the issue. The issue was the drama from his decision to shut it down for the year and proceed with surgery on his ankles.

The Colts claimed they were "blindsided" by the news. Ebron and his agent then followed up by saying the Colts knew how bad the ankles were and that Ebron played in severe pain all year long.

Wasn't really a good look from either side of the issue. There was a communication breakdown somewhere.

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 01-02-2020 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:13 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
I don't think the "kicking Reich's door down" quote was the issue. The issue was the drama from his decision to shut it down for the year and proceed with surgery on his ankles.

The Colts claimed they were "blindsided" and then Ebron and his agent stated that the Colts knew how bad the ankles were and Ebron played in severe pain all year long.

Wasn't really a good look from either side of the issue. There was a communication breakdown somewhere.
Yeah, I guess I consider that all one big event, or that's when it started to go downhill. But yeah shutting it down pretty much sealed his fate. But I think he knew that. He concluded that he wasn't going to do anything with JB and with Luck gone he figured he would move on to a team with a better QB.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:41 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Yeah, I guess I consider that all one big event, or that's when it started to go downhill. But yeah shutting it down pretty much sealed his fate. But I think he knew that. He concluded that he wasn't going to do anything with JB and with Luck gone he figured he would move on to a team with a better QB.
I don't think he will. He's under-delivered on two teams now, and bailed on one of those. Really the only team I can see him playing for is the Patriots.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 01-02-2020, 05:41 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,608 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Ballards comments today are encouraging. Not exactly a glowing endorsement of Brisket, while conceding he will be our starter going into next season.

Per Florio.
He conceded no such thing. The quote I read was "As of now, he's our starting quarterback." Cool. It's January 2nd, and as of now, Chad Kelly would basically be Ballard's only other option, so of course Briskett is the starter as of now. On March 18th, several interesting QB names come available unless they're franchised, and the Saints can only franchise one. Bridgewater would be a good option, as would drafting an heir apparent. If the latter option is enacted, then Briskett probably is the starter going in to 2020, but it's not a position I can see him holding for long in that scenario. If they don't address the QB position somehow, I'll assume the strategy is tank for Trevor.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
He conceded no such thing. The quote I read was "As of now, he's our starting quarterback." Cool. It's January 2nd, and as of now, Chad Kelly would basically be Ballard's only other option, so of course Briskett is the starter as of now. On March 18th, several interesting QB names come available unless they're franchised, and the Saints can only franchise one. Bridgewater would be a good option, as would drafting an heir apparent. If the latter option is enacted, then Briskett probably is the starter going in to 2020, but it's not a position I can see him holding for long in that scenario. If they don't address the QB position somehow, I'll assume the strategy is tank for Trevor.
I can see him sticking with Brissett. Ballard has been extremely conservative in nearly all of his moves. I don’t see him pursuing Bridgewater as a FA - he’s going to get a good contract. That’s risky. I don’t see him trading up as that is a significant risk as well. If he’s in love with someone at 13 he’ll pull the trigger. Other than that I believe Ballard when he says he’s not going to panic and set the team back by making a mistake. I’m not saying that’s the right path, but I’d be surprised if it’s not the one he takes. Hope I’m wrong.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:31 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,134 Times in 642 Posts

Honestly with our O-line and Reich as a coach I like our chances with any QB not named Hoyer
Old 01-02-2020, 06:59 PM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Honestly with our O-line and Reich as a coach I like our chances with any QB not named Hoyer
So you would be happy with Trubisky or Winston?