ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-20-2019, 06:47 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
That's pretty damn elite company right there.
Not bad at all...
Old 10-20-2019, 06:50 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Not bad at all...
Hes got a long way to go before hes cemented with those 2. Great team win, but hes got a long way to go
Old 10-20-2019, 09:26 PM

over/under td passes before season started was 19.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonTails View Post
over/under td passes before season started was 19.
65% Comp % 14 TD's, 3 INT and a 101 rating- that's not real shitty. The 14 TD's have him tied for 4th in the league in that category BTW.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
65% Comp % 14 TD's, 3 INT and a 101 rating- that's not real shitty. The 14 TD's have him tied for 4th in the league in that category BTW.
And both Ryan and Wilson have played 7 games to JB's 6. Mahomes still has 1 more than JB and really he's played 6 games as well since he went out so early in the game Thurs.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:08 AM

There are a few things to like about JB, and a little bit to hope he can improve. So far this year, he's kept the INTs down, (Luck was always good for 1 or 2 a game). He's learned to throw the ball away and not force passes when the coverage is superior. He's got a very strong arm. He's improving as the season goes on.

Some things I see that need improvement but can and will be improved. His touch on the quick short passes. His ability to go through his progressions. His ability to come to the line and see the weak point in the D and audible.

The one thing that won't change. He's surprisingly slow for an athlete with his build.

For me, the bottom line is that I don't think JB will ever be an elite NFL QB, but that may end up being his greatest value. When it comes time for a new contract, he'll command a substantial raise, but not a bank breaking salary that forces a team to let other important parts of the team seek greener pastures elsewhere. Thus, we can keep the nucleus of this team together and continue to get stronger.

It was fun last year to see the OL get better and better as the season went on and the young players gelled. This year we seem to be seeing the same thing with the young defensive players. It gives me faith in Ballard's ability to draft a great team and to have players that are very good but should be affordable. This team is growing, and they're growing fast, it's a lot of fun to see it.
Ironshaft (10-21-2019), Oldcolt (10-21-2019)
Old 10-21-2019, 07:00 AM
Accidental Administrator

The newspaper had a stat that brissett was 26 for 39, with six throwaways. Call that a soft 26 for 33 and zero picks.

Soon the media will stop adding ", who replaced Andrew Luck" when they write articles about him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (10-21-2019)
Old 10-21-2019, 09:45 AM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 1,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post
There are a few things to like about JB, and a little bit to hope he can improve. So far this year, he's kept the INTs down, (Luck was always good for 1 or 2 a game). He's learned to throw the ball away and not force passes when the coverage is superior. He's got a very strong arm. He's improving as the season goes on.

Some things I see that need improvement but can and will be improved. His touch on the quick short passes. His ability to go through his progressions. His ability to come to the line and see the weak point in the D and audible.

The one thing that won't change. He's surprisingly slow for an athlete with his build.

For me, the bottom line is that I don't think JB will ever be an elite NFL QB, but that may end up being his greatest value. When it comes time for a new contract, he'll command a substantial raise, but not a bank breaking salary that forces a team to let other important parts of the team seek greener pastures elsewhere. Thus, we can keep the nucleus of this team together and continue to get stronger.

It was fun last year to see the OL get better and better as the season went on and the young players gelled. This year we seem to be seeing the same thing with the young defensive players. It gives me faith in Ballard's ability to draft a great team and to have players that are very good but should be affordable. This team is growing, and they're growing fast, it's a lot of fun to see it.
The other area that Brissett could improve on, is his ability to throw on the run. It was one of Luck's biggest strengths and definitely would take Brissett to the next level with improvement.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:02 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Albany Ed got it right in my opinion (Brissett not totally breaking the bank allowing us to actually have a TEAM) Once Mahomes gets a new contract it is going to be very difficult for KC to have a complete team. Plus one of his great attributes is his ability to escape. The only qb I've seen who kept this thruout his career was Fran Tarkenton. Brissett isn't fast but he is strong as a horse. He won't lose that. His ability to not turn the ball over is huge. It is thing he is better at than our last qb.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Pez (10-21-2019)
Old 10-21-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albany ed View Post

I'll admit that Brissett has been pleasant surprise so far. His 14-3 TD/INT ratio and a 65% completion rate are pluses and much better than expected. Luck, by the way, averaged less than 1 INT per game for his entire career, so he really wasn't INT prone either.

I still can't say that I trust Brissett to maintain this pace for the remainder of the year. Perhaps that's just my inherent bias against backup QBs who are suddenly thrust into the starting role - I just figure their weaknesses will eventually be exposed once the other teams get enough tape on them, and they'll eventually implode. I never really bought into Ballard's pre-season statements about Brissett being a "top 20" QB (which, when you think about it, really just means they thought he was the 20th best starting QB in the league, which itself isn't THAT great). The league hasn't figured him out so far, however, and he appears to be getting stronger.

In any event, Brissett's proven me wrong so far. Whatever his weaknesses, he's done the job better than expected. It's all made a little sweeter that we got him from NE as well, I must admit. Dorsett's played OK for them, but we got the better of that deal for sure.