ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-10-2019, 10:43 AM
Pez Pez is offline
Accidental Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,231
Thanks: 647
Thanked 434 Times in 239 Posts
Default best plays of each 1st rounder since 1988

This guy has the best colts videos on youtube....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPTJM80_2YY

A couple of these plays I had forgot about, a couple of these players I had forgot about.
__________________
** 2017 Premier league champion **

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (07-10-2019)
  #2  
Old 07-10-2019, 11:32 AM
Racehorse's Avatar
Racehorse Racehorse is offline
Poster Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: God's green Earth
Posts: 9,238
Thanks: 5,276
Thanked 1,294 Times in 794 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
This guy has the best colts videos on youtube....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPTJM80_2YY

A couple of these plays I had forgot about, a couple of these players I had forgot about.
I had forgotten the Gonzales play

By the way, one of the highlights was when we were down in the fourth quarter against the Tacks, but came back to win...again
__________________
It's okay to complain, but if you only complain, nobody is going to take you seriously, Chicken Little.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Pez Pez is offline
Accidental Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,231
Thanks: 647
Thanked 434 Times in 239 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I had forgotten the Gonzales play

By the way, one of the highlights was when we were down in the fourth quarter against the Tacks, but came back to win...again
ok, make me watch it a 5th time...
__________________
** 2017 Premier league champion **

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (07-10-2019), smitty46953 (07-10-2019)
  #4  
Old 07-10-2019, 09:55 PM
Coltsalr's Avatar
Coltsalr Coltsalr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,796
Thanks: 533
Thanked 541 Times in 302 Posts
Default

Cool idea and some great memories in there but I’d quibble with some of the choices...

That was the best play he could find for Freeney? A lost effort in a lost season? I could say the same for Reggie but at least the play for him was something of a turning point in a season that did turn into a playoff one.

I’d probably go the touchdown against the Pats in the AFCCG for Addai but no major issue there given how sick that play was. I’ll never forget watching that one freshman year of college in the dorms.

I suppose it’s tough to find an individualized effort for Castonzo. Same can be said for Kelly/Nelson I suppose, though I feel like I’ve seen highlight plays from both that were of more note than the ones chosen for each of them respectively.

The play for Werner should’ve been when he gave up on the NFL and flew back to Europe. I accept nothing else.

Yeah, that’s about as good as it got for Hughes/Dorsett, huh?
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coltsalr For This Useful Post:
Pez (07-11-2019), Racehorse (07-11-2019)
  #5  
Old 07-14-2019, 11:44 AM
HoosierinFL's Avatar
HoosierinFL HoosierinFL is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,451
Thanks: 113
Thanked 498 Times in 230 Posts
Default

Can't complain too much but I think it's not the best choice for Edgerrin, because that was a great catch no doubt, but he has some mind blowing running highlights and they shoulda picked one of those.
Can't complain about the choice for Luck either, but I'd rather see an actual pass highlight. My vote, and my favorite Luck play, was his TD to Donnie Avery vs. the Lions. He evaded pressure until Avery got open, but I that was the play that made me love Luck because as soon as he threw the ball, it wasn't obvious Avery was gonna get the TD, and Luck followed his own pass in case he needed to get down there and block for his own receiver. Turns out he didn't need to but the fact that was both aware and willing to do that told me everything I needed to know about Luck at that point. Honorable mention to that frozen rope he threw to Moncrieff with a defender around his ankles.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
YDFL Commish (07-14-2019)
  #6  
Old 07-14-2019, 07:23 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 1,823
Thanks: 817
Thanked 833 Times in 452 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
Can't complain too much but I think it's not the best choice for Edgerrin, because that was a great catch no doubt, but he has some mind blowing running highlights and they shoulda picked one of those.
Can't complain about the choice for Luck either, but I'd rather see an actual pass highlight. My vote, and my favorite Luck play, was his TD to Donnie Avery vs. the Lions. He evaded pressure until Avery got open, but I that was the play that made me love Luck because as soon as he threw the ball, it wasn't obvious Avery was gonna get the TD, and Luck followed his own pass in case he needed to get down there and block for his own receiver. Turns out he didn't need to but the fact that was both aware and willing to do that told me everything I needed to know about Luck at that point. Honorable mention to that frozen rope he threw to Moncrieff with a defender around his ankles.
Agreed on Edge.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-14-2019, 07:26 PM
YDFL Commish YDFL Commish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Mt. Pleasant Wisconsin
Posts: 1,823
Thanks: 817
Thanked 833 Times in 452 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Cool idea and some great memories in there but Iíd quibble with some of the choices...

That was the best play he could find for Freeney? A lost effort in a lost season? I could say the same for Reggie but at least the play for him was something of a turning point in a season that did turn into a playoff one.

Iíd probably go the touchdown against the Pats in the AFCCG for Addai but no major issue there given how sick that play was. Iíll never forget watching that one freshman year of college in the dorms.

I suppose itís tough to find an individualized effort for Castonzo. Same can be said for Kelly/Nelson I suppose, though I feel like Iíve seen highlight plays from both that were of more note than the ones chosen for each of them respectively.

The play for Werner shouldíve been when he gave up on the NFL and flew back to Europe. I accept nothing else.

Yeah, thatís about as good as it got for Hughes/Dorsett, huh?
The greatest Addai play that nobody remembers is actually in a 2007 losing effort to the Pats, when he takes a swing pass just before the end of the half for 70+ yards and a TD.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.