ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-20-2022, 11:26 AM

Thanked 1,336 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
$28 million in monopoly money. Its beer nuts if they can get the right guy. Its the money Jim finds in his couch cushions when the Rolling Stones head home after a long week end
It's not about how Irsay spends his money, it's about how Wentz's cap hit could be going to a player(s) who could make a positive impact instead of just sucking like Wentz.

Unfortunately though, you and Racehorse are probably right in that as of now Wentz is probably our least worst option. So we're probably stuck with his worthless ass for at least another year
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-20-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 12:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
It's not about how Irsay spends his money, it's about how Wentz's cap hit could be going to a player(s) who could make a positive impact instead of just sucking like Wentz.

Unfortunately though, you and Racehorse are probably right in that as of now Wentz is probably our least worst option. So we're probably stuck with his worthless ass for at least another year
Teams find away around cap problems all the time. It didnt stop the rams from winning the super bowl
Old 02-20-2022, 12:32 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post

I think he’s done there are other options out there

I think we end up with Jimmy g
Old 02-20-2022, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post

I sure hope not. That would be silly to trade more draft picks for a less than lateral move at the position.
Old 02-20-2022, 12:48 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
I sure hope not. That would be silly to trade more draft picks for a less than lateral move at the position.
You think Wentz is better?

Jimmy is a career 68% comp guy played behind Brady coached by Belicheck and Shanahan with alot of recent playoff experience

What’s Wentz have 1 career playoff game?

Can’t trust that dude to beat the raiders at home I’d hate to see him in his first real playoff game
Old 02-20-2022, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
You think Wentz is better?

Jimmy is a career 68% comp guy played behind Brady coached by Belicheck and Shanahan with alot of recent playoff experience

What’s Wentz have 1 career playoff game?

Can’t trust that dude to beat the raiders at home I’d hate to see him in his first real playoff game
Wentz has a bigger upside. They are about the same now. Wentz has better stats on a weaker offense with less weapons and a worse Oline than SF.

We would have to trade for JG and trade release Wentz. So we would have money wrapped up in Wentz guaranteed money this yr, JGs contract and will have to trade for him. We have already used a 1st and a 3rd. Now what will the trade be for LG? a first again? A couple of 2nds? a second and a third?

No matter what thay is way to much to give up for an average QB.

No JG is not the answer and would be an extremely bad decision by the FO
Spike (02-20-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 02:17 PM

Thanked 2,664 Times in 1,182 Posts

Quote:
Now what will the trade be for LG? a first again? A couple of 2nds? a second and a third?

Reportedly, SF is asking for a Day 2 pick (2nd/3rd round) + an additional asset for JG. If that is their asking price, that means they are being offered less. However, the market for JG probably won't fully take shape until the bigger dominoes fall or are ruled as unavailable (Wilson, Watson, Rodgers, etc).

Last year's Darnold trade is probably a comp - a 2nd, a 4th and a 6th.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
apballin (02-20-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 02:24 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
Wentz has a bigger upside. They are about the same now. Wentz has better stats on a weaker offense with less weapons and a worse Oline than SF.

We would have to trade for JG and trade release Wentz. So we would have money wrapped up in Wentz guaranteed money this yr, JGs contract and will have to trade for him. We have already used a 1st and a 3rd. Now what will the trade be for LG? a first again? A couple of 2nds? a second and a third?

No JG is not the answer and would be an extremely bad decision by the FO
I disagree if he’s a perfect match to run the offense the way it needs to be ran, I don’t care what we invested in Wentz it was a bad move fold that hand before the turn we’ve seen what he has to offer and he’s not gonna get any better.

Jimmy gets the ball out quick and doesn’t care about being the face of a team he doesn’t come with the #1 overall pick mentality like Wentz feeling like he has to justify his career with every throw he just wants to win anything less then a superbowl is considered a failure for Jimmy just making the playoffs is the bar for Wentz
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-20-2022)
Old 02-20-2022, 02:47 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:

Might as well keep Wentz, whats he done for the 49ners? He will be on the IR before the 3rd game
Old 02-20-2022, 02:55 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Might as well keep Wentz, whats he done for the 49ners? He will be on the IR before the 3rd game
Superbowl and 2 NFC championship games in the last 3 years