ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-29-2019, 08:23 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts
Default This team is Good, this team is VERY good...

Yeah, it's the final PS game, it's a lot of guys that will be looking for new work come Sunday, but there are guys on this squad, playing in this game, that 3 years ago would have been starters!

Campbell looks to have the jets everyone raved about. That YAC on the inside, with guys like Ebron, Funchess, Doyle to prevent safety help- oh damn that's gonna be fun. 4 wides with TY, Cain, Campbell, and name another guy- not sure what the hell you are gonna do to defend it...

Speed, that dude has shown flashes all pre-season and tonight he is showing the whole game, looks like a Maniac in the making frankly.

Kelly, I am convinced this guy has the ability to be a long term NFL starting quarterback, he has excellent instincts, excellent. The tuck and run TD, as Venturi pointed out, he had been setting that up and executed it perfectly. His throws are sharp as hell.

Hogan, damn man the guy just catches the ball and gets up the field.

Green, the 6th round DE, that guy looks strong, shows power to the inside.

Most of all there is this Reich / Sirani offense, it is such a pleasure to watch- I no longer have that dread of sitting there and watching pre-snap and feeling like I know exactly what we are going to do- nope, it looks like a run set for sure, instead you've got a 2 step slant and a guy is already 5 yards into the defensive backfield before the backers even recognize where the ball is. Wide set, trips to one direction, inside delay. These guys are masters at this shit!

Screw it, I am upping it to 11-5 and division champs. I will not fall out of my chair if we are playing in the AFC champ game.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
apballin (08-29-2019), Chaka (08-29-2019), Coltsalr (08-29-2019), Dewey 5 (08-29-2019), DrSpaceman (08-29-2019), edgeman (08-29-2019), njcoltfan (08-30-2019), Racehorse (08-30-2019), smitty46953 (08-29-2019), Spike (08-29-2019), VeveJones007 (08-30-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Carroll Phillips be a tough cut
Old 08-29-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
I don't think you can! That's what I mean, Ballard has filled this thing up with some really talented guys. I think we have 4 serious guys off the edge- 4 of them.

If this team stays relatively healthy they are going to be a tremendously fun group to watch grow.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
Theres going to be young guys getting cut who will play somewhere else.

They should have great punt and kick coverage, these kids can fly
Old 08-29-2019, 09:09 PM

Venturi said early on in camp that he thought this was the best lineup we had had since the 09 SB season.

Those that know that I've been around for a long time (Puck for sure), while I might bitch about a lot, I can't be ridiculed for not following this team pretty damn closely.

That undefeated team, that was the very best team I have ever watched play football period. BUT, I will say, that team also had the absolute sickest QB play that anyone will ever witness- that was a machine and he made EVERYTHING a notch better than it was.

I've watched and loved this team since the seventies. I can say I have never seen a team this talented top to bottom. We have players at every level and we have then 2-3 deep at some positions.

The only real concern I have is the Oline backups, they don't seem physical enough and they don't stay on their blocks. That to me is the only real weakness on this squad.

Ballard is a wizard!
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
BCN#1 (09-01-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 09:31 PM

I like Kelly and Speed, A LOT. Chad gets rid of the ball quick. Makes a decision and does it. Seems to pickup the pre snap coverage very well. Speed is just everywhere.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
I like Kelly and Speed, A LOT. Chad gets rid of the ball quick. Makes a decision and does it. Seems to pickup the pre snap coverage very well. Speed is just everywhere.
Boy Kelly is good with his eyes, real good. Sometimes with the shots from the side or behind it looks like he's locked onto someone, but when they show it from the linebacker shot looking in, he is very subtle with the head tilt and the look off- his check down game is spot on- and so many times that leads to a nice chunk play- very Aaron Rodgers like in that regard, lulls you to sleep as a defender feeling like you can ease up because he's going elsewhere and them boom a little 5 yard dump in the middle and it's a 20 yard gain... I really like what he brings to the table.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Spike (08-31-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 09:48 PM

I know its not the starting D and not going against the starting O, but I was very impressed with the secondary and the speed to the ball after a catch. Right on them, no YAC to be had. Some great open field tackles after catches as well.

That INT by Kelly was a bad throw, underthrew it, but otherwise he has looked great. Again, not starters

He does tend to float some passes high though rather than zip them in
Old 08-29-2019, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
Boy Kelly is good with his eyes, real good. Sometimes with the shots from the side or behind it looks like he's locked onto someone, but when they show it from the linebacker shot looking in, he is very subtle with the head tilt and the look off- his check down game is spot on- and so many times that leads to a nice chunk play- very Aaron Rodgers like in that regard, lulls you to sleep as a defender feeling like you can ease up because he's going elsewhere and them boom a little 5 yard dump in the middle and it's a 20 yard gain... I really like what he brings to the table.
Would have liked to see him play with the 1's. Brisset might of still been a backup. Colby does throw a beautiful deep ball though. If he is as improved as they are saying this can be a very, very fun season. I have been a fan since I was at my uncles one afternoon in Florida and he was watching Colts versus Bills and Ferguson and Jones were throwing it all over the yard, so I will root them on, 0-16 or 13-3 doesn't matter to me. Bitch moan and complain, but will never cheer another team on.
ChoppedWood (08-29-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 09:50 PM

What we are seeing right now is for the first time in a long time, on offense, its the coaching, not the QB, that are leading it.

ANd that is a good thing. With Reich calling plays, you don't have to rely on a Manning outsmarting everyone or Luck's athleticism being the key Run the scheme and spread it around to the talent.

Seems like this team has like 8 Tight ends that can play
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrSpaceman For This Useful Post:
apballin (08-30-2019), Lov2fish (08-29-2019), VeveJones007 (08-30-2019)