ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-01-2022, 01:27 PM

Thanked 2,635 Times in 1,553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Wait, I thought Reich did the game planning as well as the play calling? How the heck is this gonna help?

Also, how in the hell is Strausser not the first one fired?

This doesn’t make a lot of sense, unless Brady wasn’t on board with the quarterback change.

I’m guessing Brady will end up in Philly.
Maybe they will bring in an OC that actually will call the plays....,doubtful, but we can hope!
Old 11-01-2022, 01:44 PM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
It’s the fact that this line has become shit overnight. Who here thought Nelson/Smith/Kelly would be this bad? Who thought we couldn’t find a r guard who was adequate? Fischer over Leno is enough to get Ballard fired. I cannot think of offensive linemen who has regressed this much in so quick a time. Coaching may not be up to par but this is on Ballard almost totally. He kept bragging about knowing how to bring in the ‘right’ kind of players, self-motivators that he and his staff could pick out. It seemed like a difficult thing to do, get inside someone’s head like that, and obviously he didn’t. He instead gave huge money to guys who obviously only care about making money-they got their contracts and don’t give a shit. Oh they will talk a good game but what they put out on the field says everything to me. I can’t stand this commitment to mediocrity this team has.
This doesn't compute. Your question essentially points out how unexpected and baffling that our O-line, particularly our three stalwarts, have played so poorly this year after having been arguably our biggest team strength since 2018. How do we then turn around and shit on him for paying those three guys when the time came?

He should've known better? That's the real mind-reading shit.

That's like saying the Browns' GM should go ahead and replace Bitonio, Teller, and Conklin this off-season because they're going to suck next year. Yeah, they've been great the past few years, but whatever.

By the way, once again regarding Ballard criticism, crickets when it comes to the defense or how he may have been right about our WR's.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
HoosierinFL (11-01-2022), Racehorse (11-01-2022), TheMugwump (11-05-2022)
Old 11-01-2022, 01:51 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default Doyel: Colts fire offensive coordinator Marcus Brady? They got wrong man

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...y/69610292007/

Doyel: Colts fire offensive coordinator Marcus Brady? They got wrong man

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS – The Indianapolis Colts fired offensive coordinator Marcus Brady on Tuesday. Apparently he oversaw the offensive line, the highest-paid group in the NFL and the torpedo to the Colts' season.

Marcus Brady apparently oversaw the quarterback room, too. Matt Ryan arrived this offseason with a proven track record, 14 years at a near-Hall of Fame level in Atlanta, and fell off a damn cliff here.

Marcus Brady apparently called the plays, too. The Colts offense hasn’t gotten into a rhythm all season, other than late-game situations when the defense is tired and playing soft coverage and Ryan was showing the one skill that carried over from Atlanta to Indianapolis, the ability to perform in crunch time. Otherwise, the Colts are near the bottom of the league in points, turnovers, rushing yards, you name it.

ADVERTISING

Does Marcus Brady also pick the players, going skimpy at receiver and left tackle and right guard, oversights that gutted the offense? Does he dabble in defense, too? While it has been mostly stout this season, the Colts are in the bottom half of the league in sacks and turnovers.

I mean, seriously. How many areas of one team can Marcus Brady screw up?

Here’s your answer:

None.

The Colts just undercut Marcus Brady because someone had to go down.

And it wasn’t going to be anyone who is actually to blame.

Then Indianapolis Colts assistant quarterbacks coach Marcus Brady works with his players at the Colts training camp at Grand Park in Westfield on Tuesday Aug 21
Chris Strausser still has job? Scott Milanovich? Frank Reich, Chris Ballard?

Turns out, Chris Strausser coaches the Colts offensive line, and Kevin Mawae is his assistant. The Colts’ offensive line, with its combination of sacks allowed (26th worst in the NFL) and rushing yards per carry (29th), is statistically the worst in the league. Strausser and Mawae have their jobs today.

ADVERTISING

Turns out, Scott Milanovich coaches the Colts’ quarterbacks, and Parks Frazier is his assistant. Before being benched, Matt Ryan was leading the league in turnovers, interceptions and fumbles, a clean sweep, while ranking 28th in the league in passer rating among quarterbacks with at least 400 yards passing. You could argue that Ryan, too, has been the worst quarterback in the NFL. Milanovich and Frazier have their jobs today.

Turns out, coach Frank Reich calls the offensive plays. The Colts are 30th in the league in points scored, making it one of the three worst offenses in the NFL. Reich has his job today.

General Manager Chris Ballard put together a roster that has already had multiple massive changes at offensive line because the plan at two spots, left tackle and right guard, failed. The Colts have no depth at receiver, and little perimeter pass rush. Coordinator Gus Bradley oversees a defense that does a poor job of affecting the quarterback and taking the ball away.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
ColtBlue (11-01-2022), Oldcolt (11-01-2022)
Old 11-01-2022, 02:01 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

For Fuck's sake, what in the fuck is going on on 56th Street?

What in the fuck of fucks is Jim Irsay doing? Frank Reich is pushing up on Gotti for the greatest teflon barrier of all time- even Gotti got hit at some point, shit!

Been a fan of this team since the early 70's, seen a lot of dysfunction over the years but would much rather have stumbling and bumbling blitzed out of his mind Bob out there firing the real culprit than letting the culprit be allowed to blame everyone else for his failures while he continues to royally fuck the organization.

Frank Reich is not just a trash coach, dude is proving his "good guy" persona is bullshit too, dude is straight up trash!

STEP DOWN NOW FRANK!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (11-01-2022), IndyNorm (11-01-2022)
Old 11-01-2022, 02:14 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
This doesn't compute. Your question essentially points out how unexpected and baffling that our O-line, particularly our three stalwarts, have played so poorly this year after having been arguably our biggest team strength since 2018. How do we then turn around and shit on him for paying those three guys when the time came?

He should've known better? That's the real mind-reading shit.

That's like saying the Browns' GM should go ahead and replace Bitonio, Teller, and Conklin this off-season because they're going to suck next year. Yeah, they've been great the past few years, but whatever.

By the way, once again regarding Ballard criticism, crickets when it comes to the defense or how he may have been right about our WR's.
You don’t get my point at all. When someone talks about how he is great at something-finding players with the right mindset-and seems to be saying we didn’t do that in building the roster previously and then brings in guys who only care about the money, to me its on him. He is the one who said he could do it, not me. So yes I am shocked at this regression, a regression Ballard seemed to say would not happen when he was in charge. I’ve been on Ballards side, haven’t criticized him until now. Ballard bragged about his great acumen in choosing players who are self motivated over and over when he took over. Couldn’t even sign a free agent because he had to get ‘his’ locker room first. It’s five years and I’m still waiting for this great locker room to show up. This is not my idea, that you can read mind shit and incorporate it into who you put on this team. It was Ballard alone who said he would do that. Why shouldn’t I hold him responsible for not being able to do what he said he would do? As far as the WR room, it is still below average, they have ability and hopefully will continue to improve-unlike the offensive line. You may be impressed with this defense but I believe you need to be able to get to the QB to be elite in the NFL. We can’t, just look at how much time Washington had on the last play.

Last edited by Oldcolt; 11-01-2022 at 02:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (11-01-2022)
Old 11-01-2022, 02:49 PM

Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,488 Posts

So he gets fired but the offensive line coach stays? Makes total sense.
Oldcolt (11-01-2022), Spike (11-01-2022)
Old 11-01-2022, 03:46 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate505 View Post
So he gets fired but the offensive line coach stays? Makes total sense.
It's become a cluster fuck organization. Let's find a guy we can blame it on who we don't really like and fire his ass. Sick of Reich and Ballard.
CletusPyle (11-01-2022), IndyNorm (11-01-2022), nate505 (11-01-2022), Oldcolt (11-01-2022)
Old 11-01-2022, 03:56 PM

Thanked 2,635 Times in 1,553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedwood View Post

what in the fuck of fucks is jim irsay doing? Frank reich is pushing up on gotti for the greatest teflon barrier of all time- even gotti got hit at some point, shit!

ChoppedWood (11-01-2022)
Old 11-01-2022, 05:04 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

This firing makes me wonder how good of people Ballard and Reich really are. I hate it when you talk being a man and taking responsibility and it is only talk-in reality you actually make others take the blame by getting them fired. These good men don’t seem so good to me today. But then I tend to believe what you do rather than what you blab.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (11-01-2022), CletusPyle (11-01-2022)
Old 11-01-2022, 05:05 PM

Thanked 1,649 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
You don’t get my point at all. When someone talks about how he is great at something-finding players with the right mindset-and seems to be saying we didn’t do that in building the roster previously and then brings in guys who only care about the money, to me its on him. He is the one who said he could do it, not me.
No, I actually think I followed it. Ultimately you're saying Ballard should have known that our players (Kelly, Smith, and Nelson) are motivated solely by money. Which is why we all had the rug pulled out from under us nobody saw this poor performance coming. But Ballard, claiming he drafts players with character, should've seen through the facade. Essentially he let our vet OL trick him into second contracts.

Well, claiming that Kelly, Smith, and Nelson are solely motivated by money unfounded at best (mind-reading). Something is wrong with a unit that has been our team's strength the past several years and it's thrown us all for a loop. But you're saying that the answer is simply that they're greedy and don't care about winning. That ascribes motive to guys who have never been close to giving off that impression since 2018.

Your characterization of Ballard is that he "kept bragging" about his "great acumen." That is to say that he presents himself in an outwardly arrogant and boastful manner and that it's led to him actually drafting very low-character guys. I've never gotten that impression and it strikes me as no different than Chopped constantly telling us that Frank Reich is "arrogant", "thinks he's so smart", "has to be the smartest guy in the room", etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
Dam8610 (11-01-2022)