ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-07-2022, 06:39 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I would love to get some value out of that second rounder we used on Banogu
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (02-07-2022)
Old 02-07-2022, 06:44 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Pass rush from the LB spot. Moves the line around to some 3 down lineman and the LEO or 4 down and the extra pass rusher. More evidence Ballard has always wanted the Seattle style D. He said it back in 2019 I think

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...w-does-it-work
Y'all know FAR more than I do about technique, schemes, x's and o's, etc, than I do. I always learn stuff here.
Oldcolt (02-07-2022), Puck (02-08-2022), Racehorse (02-07-2022), TheMugwump (03-28-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 08:31 AM

Thanked 1,667 Times in 797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
It wasn't an official announcement or anything. I read Colts stuff from several places: here, dotcom, stampede blue, Colts reddit (r/Colts), and various Twitter accounts from Colts related people (Keefer, Holder, Chappell, Wells, Bremer, Doyle, Bowen, Kravitz, etc). So it was somewhere in those. I just kinda rolled my eyes when I read that and kept scrolling. Keefer I'm sure mentioned the LOB. Others did too but I don't remember where it was specifically. I just thought it was weird and cringeworthy.
Those people are all full of it. Bradley has barely been on the job a few days and suddenly these guys think they know exactly what he's going to do with these various players.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
JAFF (02-08-2022), Racehorse (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 08:57 AM

Thanked 1,667 Times in 797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
In that reddit thread it was suggested that he didn't fit into Eberflus' scheme and was left on the bench. He's supposed to fill the LEO/Joker spot under Bradley... whatever that means. I don't know...
So I've just done some reading on this LEO defense, and while Banogu could maybe fill that LEO role, where does that leave Kwity Paye?

As I understand the LEO defensive line, Stewart could be the 1 tech, Buckner the 3 tech, and LEO rushes from the weakside and you need a "Big End" as the 5 tech (or sometimes 6-tech) on the strong side. This "Big End" would be built more like a DT, than an edge-rushing DE.

So it seems more likely to me that Odeyingbo, listed as 25 lbs heavier than Paye, would play the Big End role and Paye (backed up by Turay? or Banogu) becomes the LEO. Odeyingbo would be playing the same role that Joey Bosa played in the Chargers defense when Bradley was there, and Paye would be in the Melvin Ingram role.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Ironshaft (02-09-2022), Puck (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 11:28 AM

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,179 Posts

Looks like Bradley has his DB Coach on board.

https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/st...88554838089733

Quote:
New Colts DC Gus Bradley is still working on his staff, but as of now, it looks likely former Raiders DBs coach Ron Milus will join him in Indy.

Milus is highly regarded. Has coached Eric Weddle, Jason Verrett, Derwin James, Casey Hayward Jr and Desmond King, among others.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
rcubed (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 12:33 PM
"Still at Work"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
Those people are all full of it. Bradley has barely been on the job a few days and suddenly these guys think they know exactly what he's going to do with these various players.
Honestly, I'm just bored and reporting what I've read. Personally, I'm down on Ballard, Reich, and the Colts in general. I don't think we'll win the division or a playoff game next season, and I'm just looking for some hope. And this board is usually dead as a doornail and boring during the off season.
Old 02-08-2022, 12:41 PM
"Still at Work"

Quote:
So I've just done some reading on this LEO defense, and while Banogu could maybe fill that LEO role, where does that leave Kwity Paye?

As I understand the LEO defensive line, Stewart could be the 1 tech, Buckner the 3 tech, and LEO rushes from the weakside and you need a "Big End" as the 5 tech (or sometimes 6-tech) on the strong side. This "Big End" would be built more like a DT, than an edge-rushing DE.

So it seems more likely to me that Odeyingbo, listed as 25 lbs heavier than Paye, would play the Big End role and Paye (backed up by Turay? or Banogu) becomes the LEO. Odeyingbo would be playing the same role that Joey Bosa played in the Chargers defense when Bradley was there, and Paye would be in the Melvin Ingram role.
I'm definitely NOT a technical/scheme/x and o's guy. I leave that to y'all who know about that sort of stuff. I just watch the games and try to learn from those of you with knowledge of the technical things.
Old 02-08-2022, 05:05 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:

Paye is athletic, quick and strong. Freeney could have played it, with his speed, so its not as if its one size fit. Paye has a good motor, he needs more coaching on how to play the outside. Paye played inside often at Michigan. How would it look if they stepped him down to DT and put Bruckner at RDE?
Old 02-08-2022, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Maybe this will help

https://twitter.com/ZachHicks2/statu...aiRm6mtGK7UV9w
Brylok (02-08-2022), Oldcolt (02-08-2022), Racehorse (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

I also asked Lawrence Owen @Colts_Law to do a breakdown for us
Racehorse (02-08-2022)