ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 11-07-2019, 08:36 AM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
1st priority has to be edge pressure- has to be.

Then comes backup OL, we need a RG who can rapidly supplant Glow- who would be just fine in the backup role.

Depending upon what happens with Funchess when he returns through the end of the year, we may have to go searching for a big WR as the wind down of TY's career begins.

Far bigger needs than a QB on this roster. This roster is good, built to be a tough nosed team that can win with a balanced attack, we don't need a superstar QB.

Hurts, that would be a guy that if we were there in the 2nd, hell yes take him.
Out dl interior is bad. Ballard has Houston, Banogu and Turay at edge. Those young guys need playing time. I do dt before de but obviously would never hate on pass rush.

I never put any positing over qb. It is too hard to win a super bowl with a Noe Flacco.

Guards can be had all over the draft
Old 11-07-2019, 08:52 AM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Out dl interior is bad. Ballard has Houston, Banogu and Turay at edge. Those young guys need playing time. I do dt before de but obviously would never hate on pass rush.

I never put any positing over qb. It is too hard to win a super bowl with a Noe Flacco.

Guards can be had all over the draft
Interior is bad, no doubt, however we have done fine against the run over the past couple years on the whole but in today's NFL you can lose to a fucking Rudolf throwing 700 passes to a RB if you can't get his ass on the ground.

Houston can't have a lot left in the tank. Tuary, man I love what he brings- very worried he's not going to be able to bring it after this 2nd major injury. Like what Banogu is showing but that's one guy on the come- where's the other side? Lewis sure as fuck doesn't appear to be the up and comer we were all hoping for. Sheard, not necessarily the rush guy you need but very serviceable on the contain end- but he too isn't a spring chicken. We're a real young team but both of our "starters" at DE are 30- we HAVE to invest there for the future.

To me, looking to have a sustained playoff caliber, SB challenging team- gotta be looking DE as the highest priority right now.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:26 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,004 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Its staggering that it's actually Pascal, Rogers, Cain...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I rip on Cain but it’s mainly bc of all the fans anointing him before he did anything. I think he will come around eventually, all the tools are there and he has done it in practice.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:47 AM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
He likes Jordan Love, who has really regressed this year. If it were me I would try to get Jalen Hurts in the 2nd round.
Quote:
I like some I have seen from Love and I think we have a good shot at him. I will look at Hurts soon.

Lol Love Hurts.
Love has a lot of arm talent but has been making really poor decisions this year. I watched his game against LSU and you could tell the difference in arm talent when compared to Barrow. I don't know if he has much to work with at though. I also like Barrow, I have seen him be accurate in the short game and be pretty crafty when under pressure. I think he might be rising a little too high because of LSU's success, but I do like how he sees the field and spreads the ball around.

Hurts did a good thing breaking away from Alabama. I think he could be a good player in the right system. Can escape when needed and be a dangerous runner, but isn't looking to do it all the time. Also is smart when running. Seems accurate when passing, although big 12 doesn't really have defenses.

A lot of QB choices in this draft. I could see investing in one in the second, since we have that extra pick. Eason kind of intrigues me, he has all the tools, size, arm strength, just needs more experience. You could sit him for a few years and let him develop. I would probably take him over Herbert, I think he has a higher ceiling.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:56 AM
Post whore

Quote:
1st priority has to be edge pressure- has to be.

Then comes backup OL, we need a RG who can rapidly supplant Glow- who would be just fine in the backup role.

Depending upon what happens with Funchess when he returns through the end of the year, we may have to go searching for a big WR as the wind down of TY's career begins.

Far bigger needs than a QB on this roster. This roster is good, built to be a tough nosed team that can win with a balanced attack, we don't need a superstar QB.

Hurts, that would be a guy that if we were there in the 2nd, hell yes take him.
Unless we trade up for Chase Young who looks like he will be a superstar. There are a lot of athletic pass rushers that fit our mold in this draft. Almost a logjam. There are not a lot of good DT's in this draft like last year. Go DT first if you can, grab a big 3-tech if possible that can play all downs. DE in the second.

Maybe another offensive skill player in the second, best available or a QB. You can get guards later. No need to spend a high pick on oline especially if they will be a backup.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Interior is bad, no doubt, however we have done fine against the run over the past couple years on the whole but in today's NFL you can lose to a fucking Rudolf throwing 700 passes to a RB if you can't get his ass on the ground.

Houston can't have a lot left in the tank. Tuary, man I love what he brings- very worried he's not going to be able to bring it after this 2nd major injury. Like what Banogu is showing but that's one guy on the come- where's the other side? Lewis sure as fuck doesn't appear to be the up and comer we were all hoping for. Sheard, not necessarily the rush guy you need but very serviceable on the contain end- but he too isn't a spring chicken. We're a real young team but both of our "starters" at DE are 30- we HAVE to invest there for the future.

To me, looking to have a sustained playoff caliber, SB challenging team- gotta be looking DE as the highest priority right now.
we need a guy that can really crash the pocket inside. That would really make a difference in this d. We have drafted 3 high de’s. Let them develop
Old 11-07-2019, 01:46 PM

Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,135 Posts

Yeah I got no issues with a stud DT in 1st. Think everyone pretty much agrees- the front 4 on D needs to be more stout and that is the biggest need on this squad.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Making the playoffs isn’t really a concern for me. Probably be better to miss them for a chance at a qb. Not usually the stance I take but we are in position to move in the draft if needed
They'd have to lose every game.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
No they wouldn’t
Old 11-08-2019, 12:46 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
I'm not sure the top QB's are all that much better than the guys you can get later in the round or in round two. I think scheme and fit could play a lot into it.