ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-05-2019, 12:10 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
Why is Brissett our future? I wouldn’t say that right now
I'm basing that on the language that is coming from both Ballard and Reich. That we are fine with brissett. While I doubt that, I dont see us getting a qb better that brissett at a price that Ballard will want to pay.
Is it really likely that next year's first or our two seconds will find someone better than jb?
In a way I guess you're correct. We did pay him, but only for two years. Next year we can decide. Interesting how this ties in with a great many other threads.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
Old 11-05-2019, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
I'm basing that on the language that is coming from both Ballard and Reich. That we are fine with brissett. While I doubt that, I dont see us getting a qb better that brissett at a price that Ballard will want to pay.
Is it really likely that next year's first or our two seconds will find someone better than jb?
In a way I guess you're correct. We did pay him, but only for two years. Next year we can decide. Interesting how this ties in with a great many other threads.

Brissett is our QB of the immediate future. He's signed through 2020 at a starting QB salary, so until then he'll be given every opportunity to show he should be kept around. After that, it's anyone's guess.

Based upon his season so far, I'd estimate that it's unlikely the Colts would use their 1st on a QB next draft, but we still have a half season to go yet. Value can absolutely be found in the late first. Lamar Jackson, of course, was an end of the 1st round pick. Drew Brees was an early 2nd.

Maybe I'm wrong though. If the Colts want to hand off the QB duties to a new QB in 2021 - particularly one who is not a high 1st round pick - they might do well to draft a QB in 2020 and let him back up Brissett for a year to smooth the transition. Ballard does like competition.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaka For This Useful Post:
Pez (11-05-2019), smitty46953 (11-05-2019)
Old 11-05-2019, 10:12 AM

Thanked 1,655 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Donte Moncrief is a FA now
There is a reason he hasn’t stuck anywhere since we let his ass go
The Following User Says Thank You to HoosierinFL For This Useful Post:
Spike (11-05-2019)
Old 11-05-2019, 12:26 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierinFL View Post
There is a reason he hasn’t stuck anywhere since we let his ass go
He’s awful, and his attitude sucks as well.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:04 PM

Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
15). Ballard loves his picks and that is great but can we talk about 2 2nd round picks being healthy scratches? Especially Lewis? And Wilson has never played as poorly as ya sin, so I would love to hear that story.

So, Zak Keefer tweeted out today that he thinks the issue is practice related. Just a "gut feeling." However, that contradicts the answers that Reich and Eberflus gave last week. (I think Keefer was not working a portion of last week because his wife had a baby....so he might have missed that particular press conference) And maybe the practice issue is Lewis only and Keefer read a little too much into it??? Quotes below:

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1191804364459069446

Quote:
Reading between the lines here, but based on our last few conversations with defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus, the prevailing reason why Quincy Wilson and Tyquan Lewis aren't playing is because they aren't earning it in practice.

Quotes from Eberflus and Reich prior week:

https://twitter.com/mchappell51/stat...46247418433537

Quote:
Eberflus: Quincy Wilson inactive. He's practiced well and played various roles. Make decisions based on what we feel will help us win Sunday. Versatile.
https://twitter.com/mchappell51/stat...09545998954496

Quote:
Colts HC Frank Reich: Quincy Wilson inactive. Why? 'Lots of moving parts. Lots of factors. We believe in everybody. With this game, felt like that was the best decision.'

Extended version of Reich quote here:

https://twitter.com/jimayello/status...20335674085381

I think Omaha had it right in the Denver game thread - that they were shopping Quincy. However, I bet the asking price was probably a little high (obviously since he wasn't traded). I think they preferred to keep him around the rest of this season in case of major injuries. The secondary was really injury depleted for the KC game - if that happens again, it will be much better to have Quincy available than just a guy you sign off the street. I expect that he will be traded in the off season. I just think that they know what type of player Quincy is and that they are ready to move on. Up until Quincy's healthy scratch, Marvell Tell only had 3 snaps on defense on the season. I think the main reason why Quincy is sitting right now is because they want to see Tell in game situations. Which in itself is a bit inconsistent because Eberflus mentioned that Tell's practice habits needed to improve.....

https://twitter.com/mchappell51/stat...45809826697216

Quote:
Eberflus: Marvell Tell more exposure vs. Denver. Working on practice habits. Talented, but work patterns must be more consistent. Showed really good stuff in game.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:28 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
He’s awful, and his attitude sucks as well.
That dude can't catch a damn cold. Watched the Steelers try to hit him a few times this season and just drop after drop. Always thought of himself as Randy Moss when he's really nothing more than a wannabe Jerome Pathon.

Really wish we would have went after Gordon.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:28 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,134 Times in 642 Posts

Or drafted metcalf
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (11-05-2019)
Old 11-05-2019, 07:57 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Yeah a lot of people eating crow on talking that dude down during the draft. Good God if Gordon actually gets healthy how you gonna stop that duo?
Old 11-05-2019, 10:12 PM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I was hoping for more. At the very least Percy Harvin.
I would be stoked with the that. Minus the migraines
Old 11-05-2019, 10:13 PM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post

I think Brissett is extremely overrated with colts fans. He is a poor mans Alex Smith