ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-04-2019, 03:09 PM

Thanked 4,282 Times in 1,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
No question. Nice to see him step it up with all of our WR injuries. Easy guy to root for.

I'm curious what he did that makes you question his ceiling after today's game. To my untrained eye, he looked really explosive and a potential difference maker (albeit with ball security issues), but your technical knowledge is far greater than mine so I'm wondering what you saw. Watching him jet through the Steelers defense was one of the high points in the game for me. I might be wrong, but I don't think he dropped any passes either.

Good question. I'll be interested to see the snap counts because I didn't see him out there very much (and I was looking for him).

Rudolph wasn't throwing down the field much, so not sure if that means the DBs were playing lights out, or that was just the Steelers gameplan because they don't trust their QB to make those kind of throws. On the play I think you're referring to, it seemed like Ya Sin was on the guy for most of the route, but the ball was underthown and Ya Sin either didn't recognize this or didn't know how to deal with it.

Not sure about Lewis, but I'm guessing the Wilson scratch isn't completely related to his on-field performance. The guy has a history of maturity/practice issues, so perhaps those have surfaced again.

Seems like its gotta be mental with him. It's not like his body is worn out and he no longer has the ability to perform. He's shown us he still has the leg, but he's just fallen apart for some reason. Agree he won't be cut though.
With Campbell, I just don’t think he will progress more than a gadget guy. He is obviously fast and has moves so we will see. I have just seen guys like this that never reach their potential.

Could be wrong. It is early.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:12 PM

Omaha...thanks for the analysis. In a crazy sort of way, reading your post is cathartic. After reading every post ever written since 1970 on this game, I come away with a disappointment in Reich and in Ballard.
Is there anyone on this board that had confidence in Vinatieri for that last FG...or for any extra point? Not so much. Pittsburgh is terrible. The only way they can throw down field is against Practice Squad worthy Ya-Sin. This team feels like there is more than meets the eye. Draft picks and players (yes Cain and Rogers I am looking at you) who have no business on this team. But at least we have draft picks and cap room. For only Ballard knows why.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:06 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
A few thoughts:

Definitely start Hoyer if Brissett doesn't have his usual escape ability.

Hargrave was a load out there. Big Q had problems with him on more than one occasion.

Mack is doing a great job. I see how the Steelers used (and then overused) Samuel and how the Packers use their RB's in the passing game, and ask why we can't do more of that? Hines can be a game changer with more touches.

Pascal was the best offensive player on the field yesterday.

Cain is a waste of a roster spot.

I've never seen Hooker be such a factor on run defense. I think the coaches must have told him that if he wants defensive snaps he can't just play center field anymore.

AV is done. After watching Justin Tucker boom XP's last night and comparing that to AV's wobbly duck's, it's obvious.

I thought that Marvell Tell held his own out there.

Neither of Leonard's PF's should have been called.

This team has got to stop with the close games, because the ref's or just dumb luck can steal those wins from you.
Yes, Hoyer is a serviceable replacement, but the future of this team is Brisett, good or bad, were all in at this point.

When Q got blocked into Brissett, the game turned over. If I can pretend to know Q, he's really mother fsking angry about this.

Hines need more touches yes, but he needs different touches. If he's just out there when we are going to throw to him in space, it becomes a tell and an obvious one. Oh, hines if on the field? They throw to him 90% of the time when that is the case, lets guard Hines.... that's Pagano quality game planning. Yes, Mack is doing a great job.

I think that Hooker had such a role in the run game because Rudolph was their QB. If Roethlisberger was under center, Hooker would be deep.

I hate for AV to be done, but he's done. We are a 7-1 team and should be challenging the Pats for the #1 AFC seed. We're not. We are a middle of the pack 5-3 team that might make the playoffs if Houston drops a couple.

Agree 100% on Marvin Tell.

Agree on DL's personal fouls, also the kickoff coverage personal foul was utter bullshit.

Agree that the colts need to get Out of these close games, Ballard is very very unlikely to cut AV, so we better not enter the last two minutes of the game down two.

Our Defense forced a safety and stopped 3 1st and goal series. I cant imagine expecting this young unit to play better than that.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-04-2019), Spike (11-04-2019), YDFL Commish (11-04-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 06:54 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,134 Times in 642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
With Campbell, I just don’t think he will progress more than a gadget guy. He is obviously fast and has moves so we will see. I have just seen guys like this that never reach their potential.

Could be wrong. It is early.
Dorsett 2.0
Old 11-04-2019, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,401 Posts

Donte Moncrief is a FA now
Old 11-04-2019, 07:20 PM

Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Donte Moncrief is a FA now

Moncrief was claimed by the Carolina Panthers who were higher on the waiver priority order.

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 11-04-2019 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:30 PM

Thanked 2,591 Times in 1,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
One other thing, Cambell had x-rays on his hand after the game. The results were inconclusive. So there might be an issue there.
Follow-up X-rays showed that Campbell fractured a bone in his hand. He had surgery today.

Campbell will be out for at least a few games.

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 11-04-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Dorsett 2.0
I kept thinking cordarelle Patterson on 1st impression. I hope he progresses better
Old 11-04-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Yes, Hoyer is a serviceable replacement, but the future of this team is Brisett, good or bad, were all in at this point.

When Q got blocked into Brissett, the game turned over. If I can pretend to know Q, he's really mother fsking angry about this.

Hines need more touches yes, but he needs different touches. If he's just out there when we are going to throw to him in space, it becomes a tell and an obvious one. Oh, hines if on the field? They throw to him 90% of the time when that is the case, lets guard Hines.... that's Pagano quality game planning. Yes, Mack is doing a great job.

I think that Hooker had such a role in the run game because Rudolph was their QB. If Roethlisberger was under center, Hooker would be deep.

I hate for AV to be done, but he's done. We are a 7-1 team and should be challenging the Pats for the #1 AFC seed. We're not. We are a middle of the pack 5-3 team that might make the playoffs if Houston drops a couple.

Agree 100% on Marvin Tell.

Agree on DL's personal fouls, also the kickoff coverage personal foul was utter bullshit.

Agree that the colts need to get Out of these close games, Ballard is very very unlikely to cut AV, so we better not enter the last two minutes of the game down two.

Our Defense forced a safety and stopped 3 1st and goal series. I cant imagine expecting this young unit to play better than that.
Why is Brissett our future? I wouldn’t say that right now
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Chaka (11-05-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 10:32 PM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
I kept thinking cordarelle Patterson on 1st impression. I hope he progresses better

I was hoping for more. At the very least Percy Harvin.