ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-26-2022, 09:05 AM

We're probably stuck with Wentz for next season. It's too bad Reich can't get it through his head that preparation is the key to his success. Very few QBs can process on the run. That's what makes Mahomes so damn good. In the pre-snap, he's prepared, if all hell breaks loose, he keeps his cool and usually does something incredible. Wentz like most QBs, can't do that, that's not learnable, that's God given talent. He can be more prepared, that's on him and if he is our QB next year and we see more of the same, cut him loose.
Racehorse (01-26-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 11:16 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

It is totally learnable. You think Manning rolled out of bed able to do pre snap reads? It was preparation, he said it himself many many times. Not all QBs will be a Manning, but they all can get a hell of a lot better. Wentz thinks he is fine, at least he did t sound like a QB who took blame in his presser. We need to win in spite of the asshole, a tall order. I agree he is our guy next year. Shitty
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcolt For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (01-26-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 01:06 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,271 Times in 2,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post

It is totally learn-able. You think Manning rolled out of bed one day, and was instantly able to do pre-snap reads ??? It was preparation, he said it himself many many times. Not all QBs will be a Manning, but they all can get a hell of a lot better. Wentz thinks he is fine, at least he didn't sound like a QB who took blame in his presser. We need to win in spite of the asshole, a tall order. I agree that he is our guy next year ...... shitty.

o

This is somewhat reminiscent of the Beatles, who toiled for more than 2 years in the grungy, dilapidated clubs of Hamburg, Glasgow, and Liverpool before their ascension to stardom in 1963 and 1964. They would perform in those clubs for 8 hours a day, 6 days a week for food money. Quite often, they were eating corn flakes and milk 3 times a day.

Their level of success in the music world was one-in-a-million, but it sure as hell wasn't as simple as buying a lottery ticket and getting lucky.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (01-26-2022)
Old 01-26-2022, 08:11 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

This is somewhat reminiscent of the Beatles, who toiled for more than 2 years in the grungy, dilapidated clubs of Hamburg, Glasgow, and Liverpool before their ascension to stardom in 1963 and 1964. They would perform in those clubs for 8 hours a day, 6 days a week for food money. Quite often, they were eating corn flakes and milk 3 times a day.

Their level of success in the music world was one-in-a-million, but it sure as hell wasn't as simple as buying a lottery ticket and getting lucky.

o
Still love the Beatles!
Old 01-29-2022, 11:09 AM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Multiple reports that if Brady retires the Bucs may want to trade for Wentz. I've also read that Green Bay may be interested. If you can recoup a second do we do it and if we do who is our QB? I had always felt Wentz was a two year deal with us and up to the last two games was pretty ok with that. He shit the bed so bad, especially against Jacksonville, it changed most of our minds
Old 01-29-2022, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Multiple reports that if Brady retires the Bucs may want to trade for Wentz. I've also read that Green Bay may be interested. If you can recoup a second do we do it and if we do who is our QB? I had always felt Wentz was a two year deal with us and up to the last two games was pretty ok with that. He shit the bed so bad, especially against Jacksonville, it changed most of our minds
Please list the reports. Was one of them fro "the onion"?
ChoppedWood (01-29-2022), Discflinger (01-29-2022), kitekrazy (01-29-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 11:42 AM

Bill Barnwall ESPN clickbait.
The Following User Says Thank You to Discflinger For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (01-29-2022)
Old 01-29-2022, 11:45 AM

Thanked 1,339 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
If we can get an early round draft pick you absolutely do it and probably even if you get a late rounder. Getting to dump his $15M dead cap hit, which would put us $55M under the projected cap, is enough of a reason to make the move. Picking up a draft pick would be icing on the cake.
Old 01-29-2022, 11:58 AM
Historian

Thanked 3,271 Times in 2,018 Posts

Quote:

Multiple reports say that if Brady retires, the Bucs may want to trade for Wentz. I've also read that Green Bay may be interested. If we can recoup a 2nd-round draft pick, do we do it ??? And if we d, o who is our new starting QB ??? I had always felt that Wentz was a 2-year deal with us, and up until the last 2 games I was pretty OK with that ...... but then he shit the bed so bad in those final 2 games (especially against Jacksonville), it changed most of our minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post

Please list the reports ...... are one of them from "The Onion"?

o

1) ) Aaron Rodgers

2) ) Russell Wilson

3) ) Deshaun Watson

4) ) Jameis Winston

5) ) Kirk Cousins

6) ) Jalen Hurts

7) ) Jimmy Garoppolo

8) ) Carson Wentz

9) ) Tua Tagovailoa

Who Could Be Behind Door No. 2 for the Bucs ???

(By Rick Stroud)

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs...-for-the-bucs/

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
Old 01-29-2022, 01:06 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Please list the reports. Was one of them fro "the onion"?
How do you trade wentz without anyone else on the roster?