ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-19-2017, 01:13 PM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Where did you get that bit about practicing? Holder quoted Pagano as saying "I don't know about that right now." Is that what you mean?
Stampede Blue here:

"Head Coach Chuck Pagano announced on Monday that Andrew Luck has been ruled out for for the week 3 tilt against the Cleveland Browns. He stopped short of ruling him out from a return to practice and said the team is waiting on Luck to be cleared by his doctors. No indication was given with regard to a timetable except that Pagano did indicate that he has no doubt Luck will return to the field this season.

There you have it folks. The timetable is somewhere between week 4 and week 17. No further questions."

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/9/...out-for-browns
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (09-19-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 01:24 PM

Until Luck takes the field I'm going to root for Jacoby Brissett to get exponentially better on a weekly basis to the point where the Colts somehow do better than expected without Luck. Reason being that if Brissett proves to be a capable starting QB some team out there may make a phone call after the season is over and prior to the draft make an offer of some substance revolving around draft pick(s). So while tanking would reap the benefits of a better draft position I'm not so sure it's the best option while Luck isn't playing. Brissett albeit having made the one stupid mistake he could not make looked capable knowing only a portion of the playbook. One game does not a career make so their needs to be a larger sample size. Personally I hope it does not get any larger than 3 weeks worth for Brissett and Luck is back along with Kelly and V. Davis. The thought of tanking a season makes me want to puke and that won't happen if it's up to the players.
The Following User Says Thank You to indycolts2 For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-20-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 01:32 PM

Thanked 1,477 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycolts2 View Post
Until Luck takes the field I'm going to root for Jacoby Brissett to get exponentially better on a weekly basis to the point where the Colts somehow do better than expected without Luck. Reason being that if Brissett proves to be a capable starting QB some team out there may make a phone call after the season is over and prior to the draft make an offer of some substance revolving around draft pick(s). So while tanking would reap the benefits of a better draft position I'm not so sure it's the best option while Luck isn't playing. Brissett albeit having made the one stupid mistake he could not make looked capable knowing only a portion of the playbook. One game does not a career make so their needs to be a larger sample size. Personally I hope it does not get any larger than 3 weeks worth for Brissett and Luck is back along with Kelly and V. Davis. The thought of tanking a season makes me want to puke and that won't happen if it's up to the players.
taking emotion out of it, I would rather have a top 3 pick than whatever some team would want to trade for brissett (and keep brissett for our backup).
The Following User Says Thank You to rcubed For This Useful Post:
FatDT (09-19-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 01:42 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Tanking is dumb. If Luck comes back, you don't just sit your bajillion dollar QB. Play him. You're paying him.

But is my ideal season one that gets Luck back 110%, while Brissett learns the offense and is at least capable of orchestrating something resembling a NFL offense and while Ballard's first FA/draft class gives reason for optimism ... while losing close ones? Yes, yes it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoBigBlue88 For This Useful Post:
VeveJones007 (09-19-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 04:05 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
Tanking is dumb. If Luck comes back, you don't just sit your bajillion dollar QB. Play him. You're paying him.

But is my ideal season one that gets Luck back 110%, while Brissett learns the offense and is at least capable of orchestrating something resembling a NFL offense and while Ballard's first FA/draft class gives reason for optimism ... while losing close ones? Yes, yes it is.
This. A lot more games like this past Sunday's is ideal.

+Coaching staff housecleaning
Old 09-19-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:

I agree, but just to clarify, I'd imagine you would say that Luck starting Week 17 last year was dumb?

There does come a certain point (at least for me) where there's a point of no return so to speak. Whether it be at 0-4 or 0-6 or 1-5, where you could make the argument for shutting Luck down and not risking him having to do rehab all over again next offseason.

I remember this debate during 2011. I knew that it probably wasn't the last time it was going to happen. I didn't think it would be happening just 6 years later.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:36 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
I agree, but just to clarify, I'd imagine you would say that Luck starting Week 17 last year was dumb?

There does come a certain point (at least for me) where there's a point of no return so to speak. Whether it be at 0-4 or 0-6 or 1-5, where you could make the argument for shutting Luck down and not risking him having to do rehab all over again next offseason.

I remember this debate during 2011. I knew that it probably wasn't the last time it was going to happen. I didn't think it would be happening just 6 years later.
The difference being, Luck was not even close to 100% for that game. If he's 100%, he should play. If he's not, he shouldn't.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:52 PM

Thanked 4,297 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
Why not just get AC some help at times? A RB or a TE, even if it's just something quick before releasing out on a route? Then in the offseason they can see if an upgrade is able to be drafted or brought in.
you can at times

you just never know exactly when he will get beat. it is not like he shits the bed every play.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:

i get that but fuck it

i want to win. i can't stand not winning our shit division. and i would love it just to shut all the people talking shit about this team up. we are a bad team but the way the media portrays it, we are the biggest joke the nfl has ever seen.
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (09-20-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post

nope

you can't make an argument for shutting down a healthy Luck.