ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-19-2023, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
I agree that it wasn't in the thousands, but it was definitely more than "only about 100 documents."

I find it funny that you complain about others not being 100% accurate and then follow that up with inaccurate statements yourself. Much like your earlier comments about the tax cuts.

You’re wrong about the tax cuts but you wouldn’t admit it if you were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2023, 03:05 PM

Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalbert View Post
You’re wrong about the tax cuts but you wouldn’t admit it if you were.

I am wrong about the tax cut?

You were the one who stated:

Quote:
Trump tax cuts benefited the middle class more than any other cut in history

I asked for you to find any article to support that claim - and you haven't been able to find one.

This is the third time that you have tried - and you still haven't found anything to support your statement.

Again, I am not disputing that the Trump tax cut provided reductions across many different income levels.

What I am disputing is that this was the biggest middle class tax cut in history - which you presented as a "fact."

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 06-19-2023 at 03:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlwaysSunnyinIndy For This Useful Post:
Colts And Orioles (06-20-2023)
Old 06-19-2023, 04:11 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Your statement would have been more accurate if you wrote that Trump hoarded hundreds of classified documents, not thousands.

It was definitely more than "only about 100"
https://apnews.com/article/biden-cla...c1c5e227b1da53

Sorry about the thousands. I was thinking about total pages. Its a lot of boxes.
Old 06-20-2023, 10:31 AM

Quote:
I am wrong about the tax cut?

You were the one who stated:

I asked for you to find any article to support that claim - and you haven't been able to find one.

This is the third time that you have tried - and you still haven't found anything to support your statement.

Again, I am not disputing that the Trump tax cut provided reductions across many different income levels.

What I am disputing is that this was the biggest middle class tax cut in history - which you presented as a "fact."

It was for me in my lifetime. So it’s a fact for me I guess. If you like higher taxes then so be it. I’m dam sick of this “temporary” tax.

Old 06-20-2023, 05:13 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalbert View Post
It was for me in my lifetime. So it’s a fact for me I guess. If you like higher taxes then so be it. I’m dam sick of this “temporary” tax.

Make it simple, flat tax on everything. Rich people have more money, they get to pay more.

No more crazy ass exceptions. Less paperwork, that means the IRS shrinks. Simplify the tax code, let the rich carry a burden they can afford.
Old 06-20-2023, 05:14 PM

Thanked 4,404 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Make it simple, flat tax on everything. Rich people have more money, they get to pay more.

No more crazy ass exceptions. Less paperwork, that means the IRS shrinks. Simplify the tax code, let the rich carry a burden they can afford.
I could get behind a flat tax. I would agree to replacing it with a national sales tax, except it would erode the 401k accounts of retirees.
Old 06-20-2023, 05:48 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
I could get behind a flat tax. I would agree to replacing it with a national sales tax, except it would erode the 401k accounts of retirees.
There maybe some financial items, like 403 B, for educators that will require a grandfathering or adjustments so they are not harmed. That is a job of the financial minds of the nation.

Here is the crazy part of a flat tax. Successful people are punished for being successful. Go onto IMBD, and look at the number of movies the best actors made from the 30s into the 60s. You will see that they never made more than 4 movies in a year. If you did, all that money from the fifth movie went to taxes. There needs to be a mechanism took take the govt cut and allow the successful to see the rewards of their efforts.
Old 06-20-2023, 07:33 PM

Thanked 4,292 Times in 1,757 Posts

Quote:

absolutely not on the flat tax
Old 06-20-2023, 09:38 PM

Thanked 4,404 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
There maybe some financial items, like 403 B, for educators that will require a grandfathering or adjustments so they are not harmed. That is a job of the financial minds of the nation.

Here is the crazy part of a flat tax. Successful people are punished for being successful. Go onto IMBD, and look at the number of movies the best actors made from the 30s into the 60s. You will see that they never made more than 4 movies in a year. If you did, all that money from the fifth movie went to taxes. There needs to be a mechanism took take the govt cut and allow the successful to see the rewards of their efforts.
It would be impossible to have a sales tax that would not undo the tax advantages of Roth IRAs. Seniors would feel the biggest impact.

I know most disagree with this idea, but social security needs to be more fair when it comes to taxation and benefits. The upper cap on how much income is taxed is too low, and the idea that Bill Gates would receive social security is ludicrous.
JAFF (06-20-2023)
Old 06-20-2023, 09:45 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
It would be impossible to have a sales tax that would not undo the tax advantages of Roth IRAs. Seniors would feel the biggest impact.

I know most disagree with this idea, but social security needs to be more fair when it comes to taxation and benefits. The upper cap on how much income is taxed is too low, and the idea that Bill Gates would receive social security is ludicrous.
Who knew the economy would go so high after what happened in the 1930’s and the depression?