ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion

Old 10-19-2017, 09:06 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by testcase448 View Post
That's exactly correct, build a team, THEN add a QB. Throwing a frachise QB in the situation Luck faced just gets them killed.

What have we got for drafting Luck? A team pretty bare across the board talent wise except Luck, who is damaged.
Nope, you don't pass on a QB like Luck. If Griggs and Pags had done their job correctly, we would have a real team by now. To pass on Luck would have been idiotic.
Hoopsdoc (10-20-2017), Maniac (10-20-2017), njcoltfan (10-20-2017), Racehorse (10-20-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 11:30 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty46953 View Post
"Congrats, I am really really proud." Chuck Pagano

*(as heard daily on Dan Dakich Show)

I've been listening here and there this season. Those congratulations segments make me laugh.
smitty46953 (10-19-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 11:40 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,036 Times in 1,865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
It is as much about the fact it is a fairly small market with its edges having a fairly strong historical affiliation with other markets. It makes it hard to have as many diehard fans. Shit look at how poorly many larger markets have done with teams struggling, the Colts fan base does not look so bad then. We are certainly not Browns fans, but we could be LA fans.
That's also true. I failed to mention it before, but many die hard fans have been priced out of attendance. The lower-income die hards are the fans that roar during games. But after the necessities are paid for, there's no Colts budget. It's probably the same everywhere, but being in a small market makes it worse.
njcoltfan (10-20-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 12:00 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
No, a high draft pick needs to be a defensive stalwart, something to compliment Luck and build a defense around. I'm sure one of those exists in this draft.
It doesn't have to be a huge trade down if someone right behind the Colts is dumb like the Bears were with SF last year. Having a higher pick just gives the Colts more options.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:47 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
That's exactly correct, build a team, THEN add a QB. Throwing a frachise QB in the situation Luck faced just gets them killed.

What have we got for drafting Luck? A team pretty bare across the board talent wise except Luck, who is damaged.
That's dumb.

When you get the chance to draft a franchise QB and you need one, you do it. The failure to build a team around Luck wasn't because they drafted a franchise QB. They just made stupid draft choices and free agent choices.

The quickest path to success in this league is having a franchise QB. That's why they are so valuable, because they make that much of a difference. You don't EVER pass that up if you have a need there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-20-2017), Spike (10-20-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 10:28 AM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
That's dumb.

When you get the chance to draft a franchise QB and you need one, you do it. The failure to build a team around Luck wasn't because they drafted a franchise QB. They just made stupid draft choices and free agent choices.

The quickest path to success in this league is having a franchise QB. That's why they are so valuable, because they make that much of a difference. You don't EVER pass that up if you have a need there.
I disagree, it's stupid to invest in a franchise QB and throwing them to the wolves, as they did with Luck. How many franchise QBs have been ruined by going to bad teams? Nearly all of them...
By the time you build the team around him, he is out of his rookie contract and the cap becomes a huge issue. Also, free agent builds seldom work. They're free agents because they are no longer cost effective

I recall this board giddy with Pagano and Griggs coming in...
Old 10-20-2017, 04:23 PM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
I disagree, it's stupid to invest in a franchise QB and throwing them to the wolves, as they did with Luck. How many franchise QBs have been ruined by going to bad teams? Nearly all of them...
By the time you build the team around him, he is out of his rookie contract and the cap becomes a huge issue. Also, free agent builds seldom work. They're free agents because they are no longer cost effective

I recall this board giddy with Pagano and Griggs coming in...
people are always optimistic when new people come on board, what does that have to do with anything? Clearly the results from them didn't come through for the team.

You don't plan on throwing a franchise QB to the wolves. To just assume that's what you're going to do is basically saying "I can't do my job, just fire me now." It's a failure way of looking at it. That's not how you approach building a team, ever.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maniac For This Useful Post:
1965southpaw (10-20-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 06:33 PM

Thanked 4,275 Times in 1,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusChrist View Post
people are always optimistic when new people come on board, what does that have to do with anything? Clearly the results from them didn't come through for the team.

You don't plan on throwing a franchise QB to the wolves. To just assume that's what you're going to do is basically saying "I can't do my job, just fire me now." It's a failure way of looking at it. That's not how you approach building a team, ever.
don't bother with him, jesus

he is too stupid to be saved.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:06 PM
testcase448

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
don't bother with him, jesus

he is too stupid to be saved.

You calling people stupid is pretty funny .

Your intellectual arguments are like bring kid's safety scissors to a gun fight.

You're like a parrot repeating the imbeciles in ESPN.

Last edited by testcase448; 10-22-2017 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:08 PM
testcase448

Nothing like watching a balanced team with no franchise QB beating the fuck out of a team that drafted one...