ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-12-2023, 07:54 PM

Thanked 1,325 Times in 749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
Trading Minshew doesnt make the team better. AR got banged around and he didnt finish the game, they may need him if AR misses some time. Tells the D they are going to be competitive
Barring a really good offer from the Jets I agree w/ you.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
JAFF (09-12-2023)
Old 09-12-2023, 08:42 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

I haven’t given up on this season. I want this team to do everything it can to win, we are just one game in. I’m hoping we have a pretty damn good team by the end of the year.Keep him, he helps AR and the way AR plays we will need him by the end of the year

Last edited by Oldcolt; 09-12-2023 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-12-2023, 11:48 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,639 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
to the Jets, and what would you're asking price be? The way I look at it, with that roster, I think they could win with Minshew.

Plus if AR goes down we're fucked anyway. Probably go from a 5 win team to a 2 win team.
I don't think Minshew would be their first target on the trade market. In fact, I would guess they would try several free agents before losing draft capital to acquire Minshew.
Old 09-12-2023, 11:52 PM

Thanked 2,653 Times in 1,177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
The thought crossed my mind as well. Doubt the Jets would give up anything more than a day 3 draft pick for Minshew, so makes sense to keep him here as AR's mentor.
Agreed.

FWIW - the Jags received a 6th Round Pick from Philly when they traded Minshew 2 years ago.

I understand the hope that the Jets might act in desperation, but I doubt they would offer too much for Minshew. I guess you could use the Joshua Dobbs trade this year as a comp - Arizona completed a pick swap where they traded a 5th Round Pick to acquire Dobbs and a 7th in return.

And even if you want to say that Minshew >>> Dobbs, I still don't see the Jets giving up more than a 4th.

The Jets will probably be kicking the tires of the FA QB's first, they may bring in Wentz, Foles, Flacco, etc for a workout.

Last edited by AlwaysSunnyinIndy; 09-12-2023 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-13-2023, 04:11 AM

Why are the Jets going to make any moves? They have Zach Wilson, who has more potential than Minshew. Looks like the relationship that he has built with Rodgers has helped him from what i have seen of Hard Knocks. It will be interesting to see how that relationship between the two develops now.
Old 09-13-2023, 10:09 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post
Why are the Jets going to make any moves? They have Zach Wilson, who has more potential than Minshew. Looks like the relationship that he has built with Rodgers has helped him from what i have seen of Hard Knocks. It will be interesting to see how that relationship between the two develops now.
Watch the pick he threw shortly after entering the game. Watch Peyton's face when he is basically detailing that Wilson is now the starter. Wilson's only potential is to lose a majority of the games he plays.
Old 09-13-2023, 12:57 PM

Thanked 1,666 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Worth mentioning that Zach Wilson and a good running game just beat the Bills, not Aaron Rodgers, so yea, I have a feeling they aren't trading draft capital for a new starting QB.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:30 PM

Thanked 2,653 Times in 1,177 Posts

Quote:

I believe the general thought is that the Jets are going to look for an upgrade of QB2 - someone better than Tim Boyle - especially if their QB1 is Zach Wilson.

Wilson has been absolutely awful against the division rival Cheats. Be nice to have a viable alternative on the roster by Week 3 in case he melts down against Belicheat again.
Old 09-13-2023, 03:15 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy View Post
I believe the general thought is that the Jets are going to look for an upgrade of QB2 - someone better than Tim Boyle - especially if their QB1 is Zach Wilson.

Wilson has been absolutely awful against the division rival Cheats. Be nice to have a viable alternative on the roster by Week 3 in case he melts down against Belicheat again.
The problem they face is, that team was built for a RAMS esque run at the SB- this year and perhaps next. All the pieces are there except a QB. There is zero chance of them getting beyond first round with Wilson as the QB even if they somehow manage to sneak into the PO's with him under center. They need their Flacco (yeah he's been there and that ship has sailed), Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer level QB to still give them a chance to still win the SB this year, and with that type of QB- manager, limited mistakes, good leader, they have a very real chance at it. Minshew is in that mold.

IMO they are forced to pay up for someone who still gives them a chance, otherwise this window is probably going to close. Williams, Sauce, Wilson- all three are going to command perhaps tops at their position coming up. They HAVE to upgrade for this year, unless they just want to suck, get another great pick and roll into next year thinking Rodgers comes back and they win it with even more talent. Biiiiiiiiig if at his age and all the weird shit he does.
Old 09-13-2023, 03:51 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,667 Times in 2,052 Posts

Price would be minimal. I think he has more value to us helping AR understand the offensive scheme.