ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-29-2019, 08:03 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
I think a lot of us feel that way, but.........

Kelly will miss the first two games. If they are interviewing vets, Im guessing they dont want a replay of Ballards first year when they had to use a pick to trade for Brisset.
I still don't understand though, what does a trash heap vet give you that Walker doesn't over 2 games? At least Walker has knowledge of system and has been under center for the Colts, the guys you are talking about now as a potential stop gap, they got nothing but a Comfort Inn and suites Platinum card. I'm just not sure how any of them help in that small 2 game window?
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
Chaka (08-29-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 08:23 AM
Accidental Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
I still don't understand though, what does a trash heap vet give you that Walker doesn't over 2 games? At least Walker has knowledge of system and has been under center for the Colts, the guys you are talking about now as a potential stop gap, they got nothing but a Comfort Inn and suites Platinum card. I'm just not sure how any of them help in that small 2 game window?
Agree here, We go with Walker and if Brisket goes down within the first 8 quarters of the season, so be it.

Next year I think we have to do some looking. We have two second rounders next year. I would not be surprised if Ballard looks to use those to trade up and get someone.

Starting to get stoked to see Brissett play.

"I want to dominate all my opponents, and take their will away to play the game, by each play, and finishing them past the whistle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Pez For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (08-29-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 08:33 AM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez View Post
Agree here, We go with Walker and if Brisket goes down within the first 8 quarters of the season, so be it.

Next year I think we have to do some looking. We have two second rounders next year. I would not be surprised if Ballard looks to use those to trade up and get someone.

Starting to get stoked to see Brissett play.
Me too, and I'm sort of framing up a case that Frank may be the next great quarterback whisperer. He's got a hell of a resume going so far with Wentz, Foles, and Luck playing just lights out ball under his direction. If Jacoby does the same, then I think we can really breathe a deep sigh knowing that we've got a guy who can really have a big impact on the position from the sidelines. If that turns out to be the case, we could oddly be set for a long time with JB and Kelly and then you just have to find some project periodically to work with and keep in the herd. Though I do think that Kelly has the potential to get picked off by somebody via trade down the road (if he doesn't emerge as our starter).
Old 08-29-2019, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,038 Posts

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

This past week, as the #Colts look at options for their backup QB job, they visited with and worked out FA QBs Matt Cassel, Brandon Weeden, and Brock Osweiler, I’m told. No decision yet on who they are signing, or if they’ll wait until roster cuts come from the other 31.

Old 08-29-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppedWood View Post
You have convinced me, I think we should go with Walker instead. Unless the Colts are looking for a longer term backup for some reason.