ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-24-2022, 07:45 PM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts
Default Espn report Wentz might be welcome in Tampa Bay

Sports center report. Yeah, Bruce Areans, mr warm and fuzzy, that will work.

Bill Barnwell report: Bucs should trade for Wentz. RG3 thinks its a good idea. He would be an upgrade over what the Bucs have in house
Old 02-24-2022, 07:53 PM

Thanked 1,335 Times in 753 Posts

Maybe they'd trade us Kyle Trask, their 2nd round pick last year, for Wentz? Probably not, but might be worth asking.
Old 02-24-2022, 08:07 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,649 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
Maybe they'd trade us Kyle Trask, their 2nd round pick last year, for Wentz? Probably not, but might be worth asking.
You want a less athletic QB with similar accuracy and decision making problems?
Old 02-24-2022, 08:21 PM

Thanked 1,335 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
You want a less athletic QB with similar accuracy and decision making problems?
Is he smart enough to dump it off to JT/Hines when they have all kinds of running room instead forcing it downfield into double/triple coverage? If yes, then yes I do.

Last edited by IndyNorm; 02-24-2022 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2022, 10:22 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Arians would get more out of Wentz than Reich did....I think this is a real possibility, give Arians another chance to show Irsay that he screwed up when he let him go!

I realize, it would have been nearly impossible not to welcome Chuck Pagano back, but he should have made Arians the Head coach and offered Chuck the DC job. Sorry, how many players have lost their job because of injury? Arians would probably refused to do it, but he should have tried.....
Old 02-24-2022, 10:31 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,138 Times in 645 Posts

We can’t get that lucky, then we could just send that pick to the 49ers for Jimmy
Old 02-24-2022, 10:50 PM

Thanked 2,430 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
Arians would get more out of Wentz than Reich did....I think this is a real possibility, give Arians another chance to show Irsay that he screwed up when he let him go!

I realize, it would have been nearly impossible not to welcome Chuck Pagano back, but he should have made Arians the Head coach and offered Chuck the DC job. Sorry, how many players have lost their job because of injury? Arians would probably refused to do it, but he should have tried.....
Arians never would have accepted it. No way he is pissed at the Colts. He is a man of integrity and it would take an asshole to accept a head coaching job under those circumstances. Should have hired him instead of Pagano in the first place
Old 02-24-2022, 11:30 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcolt View Post
Arians never would have accepted it. No way he is pissed at the Colts. He is a man of integrity and it would take an asshole to accept a head coaching job under those circumstances. Should have hired him instead of Pagano in the first place
I'm sure you're right, but I think Arians is the kind of guy that would enjoy the chance to see if he could salvage Wentz's career...I would love to see it myself!
Oldcolt (02-25-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
We can’t get that lucky, then we could just send that pick to the 49ers for Jimmy
I don't understand the fascination with Jimmy G. He is nothing special in my eyes, i don't see a huge upgrade, if any, over Wentz. Both have severe limitations and are not about to take over a game when you most need the QB to do that.

That's the problem with trying to find a truly dominant QB, they don't grow on trees and cost an absolute fortune to obtain. Rodgers is clearly the best QB who might be available, how much is it going to take to trade for him, and even then can anyone really guarantee he is going to be able to continue to perform at his current levels for the next 3-4 years, which is what you need to be able to get out of a trade of the magnitude it would take to get him. The next level down is Russell Wilson, and he has been great in recent years, but i don't know, and i can't quite put my finger on the reason why, but I am not sold on him as a Colts QB.

The QB i would most like the Colts to look at trying to obtain is Jameis Winston. For what it would likely take to get him, he in my mind is the guy most likely to be able to move this franchise forward from a QB perspective without handicapping them too much financially and resource wise. He throws a nice ball, can read a defense, but is a risk taker, which is something i don't mind from a QB. That epitomizes what Manning was for much of his career. And no i am not comparing the two as being equals!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ukcolt For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (02-25-2022), Ironshaft (03-03-2022), njcoltfan (02-25-2022), Racehorse (02-25-2022), rcubed (02-25-2022), Spike (02-25-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 08:03 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcolt View Post

The QB i would most like the Colts to look at trying to obtain is Jameis Winston. For what it would likely take to get him, he in my mind is the guy most likely to be able to move this franchise forward from a QB perspective without handicapping them too much financially and resource wise. He throws a nice ball, can read a defense, but is a risk taker, which is something i don't mind from a QB. That epitomizes what Manning was for much of his career. And no i am not comparing the two as being equals!
Isnt Winston a Free Agent