ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-06-2017, 02:08 PM

it's almost like Ballard is going to put his money where his mouth is.
The Following User Says Thank You to cq.noble For This Useful Post:
smitty46953 (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 05:49 PM

AzCardinals.com expects free agent S Tony Jefferson to be out of the team's price range.
In-house reporter Darren Urban believes Jefferson could fetch as much as $10 million per year on the open market. CBS' Jason La Canfora reported last month that Jefferson was a goner in the desert. Having just turned 25, Jefferson is in prime position to command a huge deal coming off an excellent 2016.
Source: azcardinals.com Mar 6 - 4:00 PM

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Bob McGinn expects the Packers to let free agent RG T.J. Lang walk.
Lang has already made it clear he plans to test the open market. The dean of Packers reporting, McGinn must have it on good authority Lang will end up outside the Pack's price range. Lang is Rotoworld's No. 2 free agent interior lineman.
Source: Bob McGinn on Twitter Mar 6 - 3:54 PM

I wouldn't bitch if they brought in Tony Jefferson at that price tag, but it wouldn't be my first choice. I think if the Colts go with Geathers/Butler next year and hope that TJ Green has literally learned anything at all, that they should be okay at the position, but if Ballard decides they need Jefferson, then I won't question it, like I said.

TJ Lang is amongst the guys I'd love to see them bring in to play RG. Get it done, Ballard.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:24 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
AzCardinals.com expects free agent S Tony Jefferson to be out of the team's price range.
In-house reporter Darren Urban believes Jefferson could fetch as much as $10 million per year on the open market. CBS' Jason La Canfora reported last month that Jefferson was a goner in the desert. Having just turned 25, Jefferson is in prime position to command a huge deal coming off an excellent 2016.
Source: azcardinals.com Mar 6 - 4:00 PM

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Bob McGinn expects the Packers to let free agent RG T.J. Lang walk.
Lang has already made it clear he plans to test the open market. The dean of Packers reporting, McGinn must have it on good authority Lang will end up outside the Pack's price range. Lang is Rotoworld's No. 2 free agent interior lineman.
Source: Bob McGinn on Twitter Mar 6 - 3:54 PM

I wouldn't bitch if they brought in Tony Jefferson at that price tag, but it wouldn't be my first choice. I think if the Colts go with Geathers/Butler next year and hope that TJ Green has literally learned anything at all, that they should be okay at the position, but if Ballard decides they need Jefferson, then I won't question it, like I said.

TJ Lang is amongst the guys I'd love to see them bring in to play RG. Get it done, Ballard.
unless it is a sanders, palamalu or reed type player, i don't like paying huge money to safeties.

i dont mind bringing in a guard but i don't want that guy to be lang
Old 03-06-2017, 07:26 PM

Thanked 4,290 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Charles Robinson‏ @CharlesRobinson 6m6 minutes ago
Multiple #NFL sources are expecting free agent contract of #Lions guard Larry Warford to land around $8 million per season.

Charles Robinson‏ @CharlesRobinson 4m4 minutes ago
Multiple #NFL sources expecting free agent contract of #Cowboys guard Ron Leary to land around $8-$9 million per season. Medical will matter

I'll take either at those prices. Charles Robinson reported last week that we're looked into high-priced Guards. Hopefully we're ponying up the dough for one.
i would like to see warford. if what people say about him are correct. i haven't watched too much lions ball over the last couple years. we need a big boy that can set the tone in the run game.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
According to the Indianapolis Star’s Stephen Holder, “word is the Colts have their eye on” Baker in free agency, which means he’s a guy we should keep an eye on in the coming days as well.
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/3/6...an-chris-baker
Old 03-06-2017, 10:23 PM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Bills RB Mike Gillislee is an RFA that just received a "same round tag." He was drafted in the 5th round.

5th rounder for Gillislee? 5.7 ypc average each of the last two seasons on 148 carries.

Good way to find our depth this year and perhaps a back of the future.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2017, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,395 Posts

Quote:
Looks like they are not keeping Kerr. Is Baker that much better than a cheaper Kerr?
Old 03-07-2017, 09:15 AM

@JosinaAnderson
I'm told DE Chris Baker is also expected to draw interest fr t/ #Colts, as we wait for t/ LTP. #Broncos & #Bucs mentioned 2me last night too

Ballard seems to really like Chris Baker
Old 03-07-2017, 11:59 AM

Chargers released RG D.J. Fluker.
The Chargers picked up Fulker's fifth-year option last April, but they clearly do not still think he is worth the $8.821 million he was owed in 2017. Fluker now heads into a surprisingly strong guard market, although it is possible teams give him a look at right tackle, which is where he began his career. This could just be the first cut as the Chargers look to remake their offensive line.
Related: Chargers
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Mar 7 - 10:36 AM

This rotoworld blurb is right that this is indeed a pretty robust Guard market. Hopefully the Colts can get a top-flight Guard without breaking the bank.

Or, they can break the bank for all I care on getting a new top-flight Guard, for all I care. But not giving up an arm and a leg would be nice too, I suppose.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:04 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Fluker is pretty slow-moving. I'm not sure he fits what the Colts want. Then again I don't exactly know what the Colts want to do with their OL under Ballard.