ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-11-2019, 10:50 PM

Thanked 1,126 Times in 626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Lusk is better than Cam, I believe his numbers will be better with him. If not, fuck it, it's only one year.
Colin Cowherd

Verified account

@ColinCowherd
3h3 hours ago
More
Colts offense got better. Devin Funchess w Andrew Luck is not inconsistent Devin Funchess w Cam Newton. Everyone gets that, right? #duh
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dewey 5 For This Useful Post:
Luck4Reich (03-11-2019), Racehorse (03-12-2019), Spike (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 10:55 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey 5 View Post
Colin Cowherd

Verified account

@ColinCowherd
3h3 hours ago
More
Colts offense got better. Devin Funchess w Andrew Luck is not inconsistent Devin Funchess w Cam Newton. Everyone gets that, right? #duh
Cowherd loves Luck. Sometimes, he's a smart dude.
Dewey 5 (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 11:02 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,666 Times in 965 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
http://coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38649

Some people may want to re-read this thread before coming down so hard against this signing...
I enjoyed rereading it, other than remembering how annoying headcase was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
I don’t want to hear anything anymore about how Ballard doesn’t overpay. This is a weird contract. Funchess has not earned the right to potentially $13 million. I hope he does well. But I won’t be surprised if Deon Cain outplays him for WR2 and this looks like a bad signing by the end of the season.
As I said before, this really has the feel of slightly overpaying to reach the rolling average. I feel like he wants to hold a good chunk of this cap space open for second contracts for our own.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:15 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I enjoyed rereading it, other than remembering how annoying headcase was.

As I said before, this really has the feel of slightly overpaying to reach the rolling average. I feel like he wants to hold a good chunk of this cap space open for second contracts for our own.
This is who we have coming up next year:

Anthony Castonzo
Ryan Kelly
Kenny Moore
Jabaal Sheard
Jack Doyle
Eric Ebron
Jacoby Brissett
oh and Devin Funchess

We won't resign everyone. Kelly needs a healthy year. We won't keep Doyle and Ebron, I think we draft a TE this year. Jace Sternberger maybe, we met with him. Moore probably, and depends on Castonzo and the draft, but he will probably get another contract.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:28 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,666 Times in 965 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
This is who we have coming up next year:

Anthony Castonzo
Ryan Kelly
Kenny Moore
Jabaal Sheard
Jack Doyle
Eric Ebron
Jacoby Brissett
oh and Devin Funchess

We won't resign everyone. Kelly needs a healthy year. We won't keep Doyle and Ebron, I think we draft a TE this year. Jace Sternberger maybe, we met with him. Moore probably, and depends on Castonzo and the draft, but he will probably get another contract.
Castanzo and Kelly will require large contracts. If Ebron repeats, he'll require a large contract. Kenny Moore may need a decent sized contract. They may wish to hold on to Brissett, which would probably cost them a decent chunk of cap space. I could see that group needing $50-60 million AAV to retain depending on who you keep. That's a pretty large chunk of cap. Then who's up after 2020? 2021? 2022? I know Luck comes up in 2021, so does Darius Leonard. Especially if Ballard keeps drafting well, the Colts are going to be facing some difficult decisions in the coming years without a free agency spending spree. This is also Day 1 of teams even being allowed to talk to players outside of their organization. There are a lot of good players left out there, and the Colts could still land some of them.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:57 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Castanzo and Kelly will require large contracts. If Ebron repeats, he'll require a large contract. Kenny Moore may need a decent sized contract. They may wish to hold on to Brissett, which would probably cost them a decent chunk of cap space. I could see that group needing $50-60 million AAV to retain depending on who you keep. That's a pretty large chunk of cap. Then who's up after 2020? 2021? 2022? I know Luck comes up in 2021, so does Darius Leonard. Especially if Ballard keeps drafting well, the Colts are going to be facing some difficult decisions in the coming years without a free agency spending spree. This is also Day 1 of teams even being allowed to talk to players outside of their organization. There are a lot of good players left out there, and the Colts could still land some of them.
Factor in a cap that just keeps going up. Is it averaging 10 million a year or close to that?

We will draft replacements for some of these guys. We won't pay two TEs big money.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:24 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Funchess is still not anywhere near Alshon's level when he's healthy, so that comparison is silly.

I'm fine with the signing though. See what desire he has to show off his skills to earn another contract. We aren't committed to him long term if he doesn't work out.
The production has been remarkably consistent for 4 straight years. At what point do you change your opinion and say “he is what he produces?” 4 years is enough for me. If you can’t stay on the field, I’m not just going to extrapolate your production from when you actually suit up.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:26 AM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
Did we need to pay $13 million to find that out? Who was Ballard bidding against?
What does that matter on a one year deal if it has no impact on other moves?
Old 03-12-2019, 01:58 AM

Thanked 1,474 Times in 814 Posts

Hope it works out. Dude had highest WR drop rate in NFL last year. The very problem we have been trying to get away from.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:04 AM

It's high, but you have to bear in mind that the cap grows 5% a year. A safety just got a $14m a year contract. A few years ago, safeties used to max out at $10m. $10m with incentives is equivalent to $8m from 3 years ago, and that's in the realm for WR2 money. If they have a use for the guy and think he'll perform at a level, I got trust in them.