ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Everything Else > General Topics
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-18-2017, 11:35 AM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
A lot of people just didn't trust Hillary.
Thank God they trust Trump, though. That's working out well. He's proving to be the bastion of honesty so far.

Quote:
Her lies, her Clinton Foundation, her email scandal, Benghazi, just to name a few.
Trump still uses an unsecured, consumer-grade (!) Android phone, and refuses to get rid of it despite everyone around him pleading to do so. Somehow, it seems like the least problematic thing about him. Guess we can also throw in his lies about donating to military charities, his bizarre lies about his margin of victory in the election (that interaction with ABC News this week was particularly embarrassing), his refusal to show his tax returns ...

... oh, and the many dances with Russia the Trump team has had and been caught bold-faced lying about.

But, yup. Emails. Totes the problem.

Quote:
Trump is a blowhard and says the stupidest shit sometimes.
Here's the issue though: when does stupid become dangerous? It seemed like a novelty act, a performance, during his campaign. If anything, the hubris, deceit and self-masturbation has multiplied exponentially since then.

To me, it's not just "stupid shit" when Trump goes on his fake news crusade. It's Trump trying to tell you to listen to him, and only him. And while I maintain that the Constitution and balance of power checks are too strong to ever let him truly become one ... that's how you start down the road of claiming dictator status. Which isn't just stupid shit anymore, but shit that threatens the lives, well-being and security of others.

Quote:
I do like that Trump wants to deport all the illegal aliens that are criminals.
But was that ever really in dispute? It's not as if Obama had offered safe harbor for illegal criminals. He, too, was deporting those. Trump is broadening his sweep. To be fair, it sounds like his stance is softening; apparently, the WH is now in favor of allowing children to remain.

I just don't see how Trump is proposing anything Obama wasn't doing. He's just aiming to show bigger force, instill more fear and look more active in fulfilling a nonsensical campaign promise.

Quote:
I do like that he wants to protect our boarders.
In no realistic way. Mexico ain't footing that bill. The wall thing is already a mess. If we're talking travel plan, then in no realistic, legal or effective way. If you're going to propose the travel ban he did, then logic would dictate, from past attacks, you start with Saudi Arabia. Not even on the table. I don't think Saudis should be banned from entering America myself, but if you really believe in a travel ban, you can't believe Trump is effectively installing one with our land or air borders...

Quote:
I do like that he wants to repeal Obamacare, which has been a disaster.
But what's his replacement plan? You can't just repeal. You have to replace. A lot of people who voted for Trump are finding they're screwed while they wait for answers here. He made a big show of fighting to repeal Obamacare; which is whatever, the dysfunction of Congress is what neutered a sensible proposal there to an amorphous mess in the first place. But the solutions are lacking.

Quote:
I guess time will tell whether Trump is worth a shit or not.
Is the verdict really out at this point?

I guess I'll just never get the defense or justification of Trump. Look, I get it. Politics are personal and complicated. I don't ever aim to shit on anyone's party affiliation. That's dumb, and that's how we end up in so many messes.

But Trump transcends party identification. He's a dangerous, foolish man who represents the absolute worst of America, compromises our security and reputation, and is on pace to set this country back in so many ways. That's not a Republican thing. That's a Trump thing.

And my non-partisan side rant here: will we ever get a candidate who fixes the fucking infrastructure of this country? I mean, damn. Hillary wasn't about doing that. Trump is too obsessed with his dumb campaign promises (which didn't include that) to do it. Meanwhile, dams are nearly collapsing, bridges are failing, so much of the concrete build of America is entirely neglected. But we'd much rather wave flags to go after ISIS or build walls or any other number of non-priority things than turn our attention to our own goddamn crumbling infrastructure.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:00 PM
Post whore

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post

And my non-partisan side rant here: will we ever get a candidate who fixes the fucking infrastructure of this country? I mean, damn. Hillary wasn't about doing that. Trump is too obsessed with his dumb campaign promises (which didn't include that) to do it. Meanwhile, dams are nearly collapsing, bridges are failing, so much of the concrete build of America is entirely neglected. But we'd much rather wave flags to go after ISIS or build walls or any other number of non-priority things than turn our attention to our own goddamn crumbling infrastructure.
Apparently Obama did try and it looks like Trump will try.

Republican fiscal hawks in Congress shot down an economic stimulus program built on infrastructure work when Obama was the person proposing it, and Trump faces similar resistance.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-quicktake-q-a
Old 02-18-2017, 02:03 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Apparently Obama did try and it looks like Trump will try.

Republican fiscal hawks in Congress shot down an economic stimulus program built on infrastructure work when Obama was the person proposing it, and Trump faces similar resistance.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-quicktake-q-a
Ugh, Congress...

Thanks for sharing. Interesting read.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:53 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,282 Times in 2,024 Posts

o

We could try to level the playing field by constantly calling Donald Trump a cunt.

An eye for an eye, and a cunt for a cunt.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:37 PM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

GBB88, I really don't want to live in the fantasy land you call reality

It is a cold, dark dreary place.

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2017, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
So, going to let you in on a secret: referring to women as cunts and being a misogynist in the year 2017 is really gross, and really suggests you shouldn't be taken seriously. "Komifornia" doesn't work much better for your argument that you made any kind of a rational, informed decision, rather than something based on total ignorance.

Curious. Since you are being pretty judgmental on this. What is your definition of cunt?
Old 02-18-2017, 07:46 PM

Thanked 4,300 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
GBB88, I really don't want to live in the fantasy land you call reality

It is a cold, dark dreary place.

Cheers,

What he said was mostly accurate
Old 02-18-2017, 09:21 PM

Then the two of you can live on that island together.

Cheers,

Old 02-18-2017, 09:30 PM

Thanked 4,300 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherck View Post
Then the two of you can live on that island together.

Cheers,

the island where facts exist? yeah dude. that is where we live

obviously you can't refute anything gbb said. your boy trump is an embarrassment. you might want to jump over to the right side of history here buddy.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:33 PM

Didnt vote for him. Dont support him. Think he will be a disaster.

But the Dims have nothing but poverty, dependancy, failure and totalitarianism in their vision of the future.

Cheers,

The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Spike (08-23-2017)