ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-28-2019, 11:17 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
Smitty, can I report this post? He’s trolling to give me an aneurysm.
He’s Anquan Boldin with speed. He will be the greatest Colts WR since Marvin Harrison.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:06 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,039 Times in 1,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 View Post
I agree. Grady and Big Joe worked well together because they were polar opposite personalities but respectful of one another and never talked over each other. All of 1070's other personalities are way too much like Big Joe to be interesting.

I kinda wonder if they offer Venturi a FT gig. Or if he'd even take it. I have my issues with Venturi, but it wouldn't be the worst idea for 1070.

And Q&S ... yeah, I like it. Query is a bit of an odd duck and acquired taste. Schultz is pretty funny and self-deprecating and is one of the better Indy Twitter followers. Has a platform but actually respects and engages with listeners and followers. He's a good dude.
I just listened to the first podcast of the Jeff (Rickards) & Big Joe Show. SMH. Pure "white guys talk about sports" radio. Dude sounds like JMV on quaaludes and he has a goofy laugh that he forces too much. It's the first show and it has to get better, but it isn't close to what it used to be.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brylok View Post
I just listened to the first podcast of the Jeff (Rickards) & Big Joe Show. SMH. Pure "white guys talk about sports" radio. Dude sounds like JMV on quaaludes and he has a goofy laugh that he forces too much. It's the first show and it has to get better, but it isn't close to what it used to be.
So you miss Grady's "I'm too cool for you cuz I'm friends with athletes" schtick?
Old 01-29-2019, 11:32 AM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,039 Times in 1,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Classic View Post
So you miss Grady's "I'm too cool for you cuz I'm friends with athletes" schtick?
Yep. A lot.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:43 PM

Thanked 1,180 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
I think Grady was just a great counterbalance to Big Joe. The two worked REALLY well together.

Joe would say something like "well, actually the offensive line played pretty good" in 2017.

Grady would just say "Joe...Joe. C'mon, man."

It made for good radio when one checked the other, honestly. Plus, a lot of the little flourishes like Pop Quiz/Willy Wonka were Grady's ideas.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
He coached and yes I like hearing about his experiences and his inside stories. I don’t feel like anybody on the radio is more knowledgeable or does anything special that any of us on here don’t do but yes his experience/ stories are better than query/ Shultz and Grady/ big joe.

Venturi wasn’t a good coach either but I enjoy his analysis of colts games
Venturi would sell you a hamburger on Thursday and call it a hot dog the next Tuesday.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Venturi would sell you a hamburger on Thursday and call it a hot dog the next Tuesday.
Who do you recommend?
Old 01-29-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Who do you recommend?
I mean, Venturi's not bad in terms of Xs and Os (he doesn't do anything a number of other people couldn't do, but he does it well enough), but my point was more that he never keeps the receipts on what he says, says dumb shit, and then pretends he said the opposite all along. He toots his own horn a lot, and he's not exactly Tony Romo. You could put ESPN's Matt Bowen on and get the same if not better.

The problem with Indy is more that it's a small media pond. If you don't have exposure or attention set outside of Indy, the options are pretty limited, especially for certain things. I'd say Horseshoes with Holder is a pretty informative podcast, but it's irregularly-published and hasn't really found an identity yet. I like the guys on Chopping Wood but Indystar makes it a pain in the ass for Android users to get that podcast, so I don't bother.

There just aren't a lot of great local options in Indy radio. Small market. Given that, I tend to listen to JMV interviews and Query & Schultz myself.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:03 PM

Thanked 1,099 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
I'd say Horseshoes with Holder is a pretty informative podcast, but it's irregularly-published and hasn't really found an identity yet.
On a scale of 1 to stick-an-ice pick-in-your-ear-canal, how terrible is trying to listen to a Matt Danely-hosted podcast?
Old 01-29-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDT View Post
On a scale of 1 to stick-an-ice pick-in-your-ear-canal, how terrible is trying to listen to a Matt Danely-hosted podcast?
I don't really have any issues with the guy himself. I just think it's weird that he has a podcast and I don't even know who he is, quite honestly. That's not trying to be mean. I just genuinely don't. I know who random Colts Twitter guys who just tweet and don't write/podcast/etc. are more than I know who Danely is.

I've listened to his podcast. I personally just find that he says some strange things. Like, if I were to insta-podcast after a game and just basically translate my 10-20 postgame thoughts I write on here after games, I doubt that he would touch on more than 1-2 of them and instead would reinforce something that makes me think "that's a really odd thing to say / dwell on / etc."