ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-15-2021, 08:49 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,141 Times in 647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
His MVP candidate season. So he’s gonna throw more TDs than that year? Even though the three following years are 16, 27, 21.
Considering Rivers had 24-11 and I consider Wentz an improvement I’d say yes, he can just play QB and stop trying to be Superman out there
Old 06-15-2021, 11:55 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,683 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Considering Rivers had 24-11 and I consider Wentz an improvement I’d say yes, he can just play QB and stop trying to be Superman out there
Right now, I don’t see him as an improvement. Rivers just needed better protection. Wentz needs a ton of work. He is younger, more athletic and has a higher ceiling. But right now, I would be starting Rivers.
Old 06-16-2021, 05:12 AM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
Right now, I don’t see him as an improvement. Rivers just needed better protection. Wentz needs a ton of work. He is younger, more athletic and has a higher ceiling. But right now, I would be starting Rivers.
No way, the offense had limitations with Rivers

Wentz threatens the entire field and can run if nothing is available

Give him better protection and Reich (the guy that had Brissett lookin like an MVP for 8 games) and watch what happens
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (06-16-2021), rcubed (06-16-2021), YDFL Commish (06-16-2021)
Old 06-16-2021, 12:02 PM
Post whore

Quote:
No way, the offense had limitations with Rivers

Give him better protection and Reich (the guy that had Brissett lookin like an MVP for 8 games) and watch what happens
You assume you will get 2017 Wentz by just plugging him into a new team. He isn’t that QB right now. Rivers didn’t have mechanical or confidence issues. He didn’t come from a toxic environment. All the fluff and propaganda pieces coming out are nice right now, but he has some serious work to do. You look at that article I shared. He actually got worse when they went to 1-step and 0-step drops to counter the bad protection. He got worse when they simplified things.

And Brisset started strong because teams hadn’t figured him out yet. If he was a MVP caliber player, he would have played the whole season that way and he would still be our QB.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:59 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Quote:
You assume you will get 2017 Wentz by just plugging him into a new team. He isn’t that QB right now. Rivers didn’t have mechanical or confidence issues. He didn’t come from a toxic environment. All the fluff and propaganda pieces coming out are nice right now, but he has some serious work to do. You look at that article I shared. He actually got worse when they went to 1-step and 0-step drops to counter the bad protection. He got worse when they simplified things.

And Brisset started strong because teams hadn’t figured him out yet. If he was a MVP caliber player, he would have played the whole season that way and he would still be our QB.
Wentz’s team was shit all year and it only got worse. All backup linemen due to injury all young or backup no name WR.

Look how Rivers performed if we had 1 o lineman out he looked terrible as well after that browns game I was ready to bench his ass. So yes a solid offensive line and not feeling like it’s up to you to do it all I believe he will have a big season

As for brisset I believe how he handled the injury changed everything, if Big Q didn’t stomp his foot no telling what could’ve been but he was clearly never the same after the injury
Old 06-16-2021, 02:48 PM

Thanked 2,277 Times in 1,226 Posts

[QUOTE=apballin;195644]No way, the offense had limitations with Rivers

Give him better protection and Reich (the guy that had Brissett lookin like an MVP for 8 games) and watch what happens[/QUOTE

I believe that the running game can improve under Wentz as well.. Because now we have the ability to run from under center, which will also
open up a true play action passing game.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:36 PM
Post whore

Quote:
Wentz’s team was shit all year and it only got worse. All backup linemen due to injury all young or backup no name WR.

Look how Rivers performed if we had 1 o lineman out he looked terrible as well after that browns game I was ready to bench his ass. So yes a solid offensive line and not feeling like it’s up to you to do it all I believe he will have a big season

As for brisset I believe how he handled the injury changed everything, if Big Q didn’t stomp his foot no telling what could’ve been but he was clearly never the same after the injury

Still, that doesn’t explain Wentz’s mechanics breaking down or poor decision making, or the reason he was worst in the league at one step drops. It’s not all on his teammates. You just read an article about him fixing his mechanics, where he talks about fixing them. Does that sound like the fertile ground for an MVP type season?

1 o-line, you mean Castonzo? The most important person on the line? Yeah, your protection goes to shit if you lose your LT, because no one has any tackle depth. You need protection for him because he’s a statue, but you can win with that type still. Brady just won the super bowl again. So let me get this straight, it’s Rivers fault because he lost his LT, but it’s not Wentz fault because his oline was injured.

The problem is Wentz has more at issue than just a bad team around him. That’s why he was for trade. Rivers didn’t have that besides a declining arm and he’s not mobile. I hope Wentz turns it around. But I’m not expecting him to do it in one training camp. I think there are going to be some growing pains.

Then why isn’t Brisset starting now? He wasn’t injured the next year. Why did they feel compelled to get Rivers? Because Brisset lacked the mental aspect. He couldn’t throw with anticipation. He couldn’t throw a guy open, he would not throw downfield. Teams just caught up to him. You started to see it before he got injured. The injury just reduced his escapability. He wasn’t able to buy time till he felt comfortable releasing the football. If there was a chance Brisset was an MVP, the last two off seasons would have been completely different.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 06-16-2021 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:02 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

My point is if one of your linemen go down it affects the QBs confidence and Wentz entire line other then Kelce was backups so doesn’t matter if it’s a 1 step drop if there’s pressure in your face or the WR isn’t open what else can the guy do

Andrew Luck had mechanics issues after his injury so Colts have experience with this and Wentz is a gamer I have no doubt this dudes gonna tear it up this year him and Lucks careers are very similar came into the league hot tore it up then started feeling the expectations rise and tried to do everything which led to injury and firings and teams falling apart

Wentz has a second chance and I believe he’s still got it he needed a reboot

I work with a bengals fan and he said when they played the Eagles last year the only reason it was a game was because of Wentz he said it was pissing him off because he wouldn’t go down easy and he kept making plays to keep them in the game

Wentz will be in the MVP conversation this season that’s all I’m saying
Old 06-16-2021, 11:21 PM
Post whore

Quote:
My point is if one of your linemen go down it affects the QBs confidence and Wentz entire line other then Kelce was backups so doesn’t matter if it’s a 1 step drop if there’s pressure in your face or the WR isn’t open what else can the guy do

Andrew Luck had mechanics issues after his injury so Colts have experience with this and Wentz is a gamer I have no doubt this dudes gonna tear it up this year him and Lucks careers are very similar came into the league hot tore it up then started feeling the expectations rise and tried to do everything which led to injury and firings and teams falling apart

Wentz has a second chance and I believe he’s still got it he needed a reboot

I work with a bengals fan and he said when they played the Eagles last year the only reason it was a game was because of Wentz he said it was pissing him off because he wouldn’t go down easy and he kept making plays to keep them in the game

Wentz will be in the MVP conversation this season that’s all I’m saying
If you don’t get the ball out on a 1 step drop, that’s on the QB. No dline is that fast. For example:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/...es-qb-wentz%2F

Yeah that oline breakdown is bad, but so was the Dallas secondary. The receiver was wide open in front of him. He should have gotten that ball out.

Have you seen any of his games from last season? Did you look at what they were saying about him before the trade? You think the dude is gonna be in the mvp race. I’m worried the dude is gonna bomb, and I actually watched a couple games last year and went through a lot of the criticisms.
Old 06-19-2021, 07:04 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Fulgham, Ward, Reagor, Arcega-whiteside, Richard Rodgers, and Goedert He was playing with a bunch of practice squad guys all year yet he still kept them in games early in the year. The more the losses piled up the worse it got but he single handedly kept them in games

His 3 best games were in prime time last year won all 3

Last edited by apballin; 06-19-2021 at 07:08 PM.