ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-19-2017, 06:31 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveJones007 View Post
How many titles have the Cowboys won with that line?

Follow-up questions: What QB did they lose to in the playoffs last year? Is there a comparable QB who you could envision getting in the Colts way in the AFC?
Zero titles, Arod, no IMO Arod is the best quarterback in the NFL and he is the only QB that could've made the throw that put the Cowboys out of the playoffs.

For 5 years now we've seen the result of Luck vs Patriots with a shitty line and a talent deficient defense. Nobody can stop Brady so IMO trying to stack defense will do no good either, the NFL has turned into arena football anyway, give Luck a solid O line and I'll take my chances
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Spike (04-19-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 06:58 PM

Thanked 2,274 Times in 1,225 Posts

I definitely wouldn't be unhappy about the Colts taking Reddick at #15, and I'm not going to pigeon hole him into a particular position.

But let's just say this, who wouldn't want a guy who can cover, rush the passer and stop the run?

The real question is, can this coaching staff be innovative enough to line him up all over the field and unleash his talent?
Old 04-19-2017, 07:04 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
Zero titles, Arod, no IMO Arod is the best quarterback in the NFL and he is the only QB that could've made the throw that put the Cowboys out of the playoffs.

For 5 years now we've seen the result of Luck vs Patriots with a shitty line and a talent deficient defense. Nobody can stop Brady so IMO trying to stack defense will do no good either, the NFL has turned into arena football anyway, give Luck a solid O line and I'll take my chances
I like how you conveniently overlook the 2015 postseason in your assessment that a defense can't slow down the Patriots. Frankly, that 2015 Broncos defense should be the model.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:06 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcubed View Post
period time again, dam?
Draft needs to get here already. We're all getting a bit touchy.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:52 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Foster isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Can Reddick play inside and shed blocks? Both are a bit undersized for ILB in a 3-4 I think. Personally I go corner or pass rusher, and another pass rusher in the 3rd or 4th. I think I would go Charles Harris then after him Takk. A trade back would be great.

Two lower round ILBs could be Alex Anzalone or Walker from Northwestern. Anzalone can run sideline to sideline and tackle.

I would also like Wormley from Michigan in the 2nd, he is going to be a nasty 5tech DE. Don't know if he will last though.

Last edited by Chromeburn; 04-19-2017 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:38 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltsalr View Post
Says...you?
And anyone else whose watched his tape.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
I definitely wouldn't be unhappy about the Colts taking Reddick at #15, and I'm not going to pigeon hole him into a particular position.

But let's just say this, who wouldn't want a guy who can cover, rush the passer and stop the run?

The real question is, can this coaching staff be innovative enough to line him up all over the field and unleash his talent?
Almost like a Jamie Collins when he was with the Pats. I like it.

But i think you can still get great value for a Raekwon Mcmillian in the 2nd, and pull the trigger on a CB or a olinemen in the 1st.

There are no decent pass rushers that are worth the 15th pick in the draft without reaching. People will say Barnett, but he is more of a 43 DE than anything else if you want to be honest with yourself. Thats if he is still there.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:19 AM

Mel Kipers take on us

Old 04-20-2017, 07:21 AM

I'd be alright with the first 2, although I highly doubt Fournette falls to us, but a project in the 3rd seems foolish
Old 04-20-2017, 08:03 AM

Thanked 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
I'd be alright with the first 2, although I highly doubt Fournette falls to us, but a project in the 3rd seems foolish
If this is what BPA looks like......

Stud RB in the first round. Not our top need IMO but it would help our offense start scoring points in gobs. One way to skin the cat, I guess.

McDowell would be a 5-tech DE in our scheme. Sounds like most of his problems are coaching related so if our D-Line coach can get him to work....

NT = Hankins, Woods
DT = Anderson, Ridgeway
DE = Langford, McDowell
Depth guys fighting for 7th spot = McGill, Parry, Hunt

Eluemunor is not a terrible prospect in the 3rd round. We don't necessarily need immediate help at RG; one of Haeg, Good or Schwenke can win the position for 2017.

However, Eluemunor has some physical skills that are pretty high ceiling for someone who might get drafted in the 3rd / 4th round. Almost everything negative in his multiple draft profiles that I just read were all about his technique and relative lack of fottball experience......much like Le'Raven Clark last year.

There is one consensus 1st round OG in this years draft: Lamp. His combine performance was good and placed him at the head of the class.

After him, there are about 10 guys who are lumped into the 2nd/3rd round draft area. Of those 10 guys, Eluemunor has the combine/pro day results to rank him in the top 3 of them pretty much across the board (except for 20-yard shuttle; he was 4th there).

I trust Philbin to take a guy who has the physical skills and mental ability to play in the NFL and have him refine his technique so that he can excel. He did a great job with Clark last year and getting Haeg ready to play all over the place.

I still want an ALL DEFENSE top of the draft but if BPA brings us O-line and Running Back......okay, I guess.

Cheers,
The Following User Says Thank You to sherck For This Useful Post:
Coltsalr (04-20-2017)