ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-25-2023, 10:08 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
If you don't believe what I'm talking about
Oh, I believe you. I think it's a fairly clear point and why I always think of Wentz.

Quote:
Throw at 3:10 illustrates my point perfectly. His body is contorted so badly he has to hop to avoid injuring himself.
Yeah, that was the exact throw I was referencing above. The arm strength to get it to the receiver with such a bad base is impressive... but having such a bad base causes an badly placed ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDFL Commish View Post
If Levis proves to be coachable and willing to work on every aspect of his game, then that makes him the anti-Wentz.
I typically can't watch interviews, they seem too prefabricated. But that's the key and unfortunately A.) we can't know what teams think about him until the draft and B.) we can't know if he actually has that character until he gets in the building.

Dudes have come in and fixed issues, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
I never said he didn't have flaws. I have said since day one I would not draft any of the four being touted in this years draft. I would trade back and gain capital. Ballard will pull the trigger on a QB though, you know he will after the past failed attempts at guys hanging onto their careers for to long.
I know you didn't. I was genuinely asking what you thought about his placement.
Old 03-25-2023, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Oh, I believe you. I think it's a fairly clear point and why I always think of Wentz.

Yeah, that was the exact throw I was referencing above. The arm strength to get it to the receiver with such a bad base is impressive... but having such a bad base causes an badly placed ball.

I typically can't watch interviews, they seem too prefabricated. But that's the key and unfortunately A.) we can't know what teams think about him until the draft and B.) we can't know if he actually has that character until he gets in the building.

Dudes have come in and fixed issues, though.

I know you didn't. I was genuinely asking what you thought about his placement.
I think his mechanics need work, no denying that. He has a tendency to trust his arm strength to much, and he can on occasion look down his receivers to the point the CB or safety will bait him onto a pick. I still personally think he is gonna take to the NFL faster than the others. However that may just be mediocre. I hope I am wrong no matter which one we draft. I am fan first and foremost. Actually I am a huge homer!
ChaosTheory (03-26-2023), IndyNorm (03-26-2023), Racehorse (03-26-2023)
Old 03-26-2023, 09:33 AM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

They call it pigeon toe throwing based off the medical condition. Levis had some bad throws as well. Hit the ceiling in one of the deep balls. He has some work to do. Carson couldn’t fix his, but some guys do. Hurts fixed his mechanics, so did Allen. I shouldn’t say Carson didn’t fix it, he would work on it in the off season, but would revert in game situations. Lots cb of tools to work with though. I’m just disappoited he doesn’t really put Mayo in his coffee, guess it was a joke.

All these QBs have flaws that could bring them down and strengths that could lead them to success. It’s funny because if they bust people will say “the red flags weee there.” And if the succeed people will say “all the signs were there.” It’s like the people claiming the Colts should have drafted Herbert as if he didn’t have red flags at the time too.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
apballin (03-26-2023), ChaosTheory (03-26-2023), IndyNorm (03-26-2023), Racehorse (03-26-2023)
Old 03-26-2023, 10:18 AM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
They call it pigeon toe throwing based off the medical condition. Levis had some bad throws as well. Hit the ceiling in one of the deep balls. He has some work to do. Carson couldn’t fix his, but some guys do. Hurts fixed his mechanics, so did Allen. I shouldn’t say Carson didn’t fix it, he would work on it in the off season, but would revert in game situations. Lots cb of tools to work with though. I’m just disappoited he doesn’t really put Mayo in his coffee, guess it was a joke.

All these QBs have flaws that could bring them down and strengths that could lead them to success. It’s funny because if they bust people will say “the red flags weee there.” And if the succeed people will say “all the signs were there.” It’s like the people claiming the Colts should have drafted Herbert as if he didn’t have red flags at the time too.
I'm not so sure about this. Dam has assured us that Stroud is perfect in every possible way and will without a doubt will be the best QB in NFL history. He's also assured us that Levis and Richardson are probably the 2 worst QB prospects in history, and if the Colts draft either one they'll probably never win another game.

Last edited by IndyNorm; 03-26-2023 at 07:52 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
njcoltfan (03-26-2023), Racehorse (03-26-2023)
Old 03-26-2023, 04:58 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post

Herbert had tons of red flags, his accuracy was never as good as it's been in the NFL at Oregon. That's why I didn't like him. He developed his accuracy, good for him. I believe that accuracy, ball placement, and anticipation throwing are three of the hardest traits for a QB to develop, so when a QB has those traits (Burrow, Stroud, Mac Jones), those are the QBs that I tend to think will have the easiest path to success in the NFL, especially if their arm strength and athleticism are average or better. QBs that lack those traits are harder to buy into for the same reason.
Old 03-26-2023, 05:01 PM
Post whore

Thanked 1,665 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
I'm not so sure about this. Dam has assured us that Stroud is perfect in every possible way and will without a doubt be the best QB in NFL history. He's also assured us that Levis and Richardson are probably the 2 worst QB prospects in history, and if the Colts draft either one they'll probably never win another game.
Ha! That's rich. Stroud could fail, Richardson and Levis could succeed. Probability favors the alternate outcomes, at least in my opinion. That's because one is very good at accuracy, ball placement, and anticipation throwing, and the other two are average-bad at those things.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dam8610 For This Useful Post:
IndyNorm (03-26-2023)
Old 03-26-2023, 05:11 PM

Thanked 2,274 Times in 1,225 Posts

I'll say this about Levis. Out of all of these QB's, he's the most likely to stand tall in the pocket and take a hit to deliver the ball and make a play.
The Following User Says Thank You to YDFL Commish For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (03-26-2023)
Old 03-26-2023, 06:41 PM

JMV is sticking to the Colts drafting Levis. Manning has been working with him and talking to him. Sure sounds like he will be a Colt to me.
apballin (03-26-2023), CletusPyle (03-26-2023), IndyNorm (03-26-2023), YDFL Commish (03-26-2023)
Old 03-26-2023, 09:25 PM

Thanked 1,343 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Ha! That's rich. Stroud could fail, Richardson and Levis could succeed. Probability favors the alternate outcomes, at least in my opinion. That's because one is very good at accuracy, ball placement, and anticipation throwing, and the other two are average-bad at those things.
Glad you got a laugh out of it (I certainly did typing it up). Although what's funny is that it's only a slight exaggeration of what you've been going on about for months now.
The Following User Says Thank You to IndyNorm For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (03-27-2023)
Old 03-26-2023, 11:13 PM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2fish View Post
JMV is sticking to the Colts drafting Levis. Manning has been working with him and talking to him. Sure sounds like he will be a Colt to me.
Is he claiming a source or is this just his opinion? Also, who was it that was saying IND wanted Levis like right when the offseason started? Same guy?