ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-21-2022, 08:05 AM

Thanked 4,424 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

The Colts lost, but Colts fans appeared to be pissed off at the loss, more so than when they lost a 1-point game to the Commanders ...... the expectations from here on out should not be as apathetic as they had been 2 weeks ago, after the annihilation by the Patriots.

o
We have a history with losing games we should have won because of a kicker missing kicks. Goes back nearly two decades. We are tired of that shit.
CletusPyle (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 10:03 AM
Post whore

Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
We have a history with losing games we should have won because of a kicker missing kicks. Goes back nearly two decades. We are tired of that shit.
In no particular order:
Get closer than 50+ For a FG
Score more than 1 TD
Stop the run

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=401437849

The Colts played a really good team to a stand still. The kicker didnt chunk a 20 yarder. Put that guy 10 yards closer, the % goes up. Our all pro RB losing a fumble was worse than missing a 50 + FG

The offense couldnt keep the Philly D on the field. Our D ran out off gas and gave up 14 points in the 4th quarter. The Colts lost that game in all three phases.

Last edited by JAFF; 11-21-2022 at 10:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JAFF For This Useful Post:
apballin (11-21-2022)
Old 11-22-2022, 08:14 AM

Thanked 4,424 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFF View Post
In no particular order:
Get closer than 50+ For a FG
Score more than 1 TD
Stop the run

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=401437849

The Colts played a really good team to a stand still. The kicker didnt chunk a 20 yarder. Put that guy 10 yards closer, the % goes up. Our all pro RB losing a fumble was worse than missing a 50 + FG

The offense couldnt keep the Philly D on the field. Our D ran out off gas and gave up 14 points in the 4th quarter. The Colts lost that game in all three phases.
You are right, but that does not mean that I am wrong.
Old 11-22-2022, 09:16 AM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racehorse View Post
Old 11-22-2022, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CletusPyle View Post
This looks a lot like Utecht or Fletcher are trying to block Vandy's kick.

This is literally the kick that ended his career.

I liked Vandy before this as a player. He was very consistent, and I think this miss stayed in his head for the rest of his career (which admittedly wasn't much longer).

Vandy grew up locally to where I am in Ontario. I was a kicker/punter in high school and university and had the pleasure of attending two if Mike's kicking Camps when he played for the Colts. He gave me a lot of one on one time, since we shared the same high school football coach and at the time I was a local prospect.
He was literally the reason I became a Colts fan. It was right around then that I started watching NFL football and I have been obsessed ever since.

He was a dick though, even then and even to high school kids. Was the type of guy that needed to feed his ego amongst kids even though he was the #1 kicker in the NFL at the time. One of his clinics he held at his own house, which was basically a mansion, and had official NFL uprights in his backyard with the net and all. It was cool to nail a few FG's through those with him watching. Basically the pinnacle of my life, as now I am just a washed up 36 year old Dad.

Sorry to get OT.....Go Colts
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MeSayDayo For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (11-22-2022), JAFF (11-22-2022), Racehorse (11-22-2022)
Old 11-22-2022, 01:22 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,284 Times in 2,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSayDayo View Post

This is literally the kick that ended his career.

I liked Vandy before this as a player. He was very consistent, and I think this miss stayed in his head for the rest of his career (which admittedly wasn't much longer.)

Vandy grew up locally to where I am in Ontario. I was a kicker/punter in high school and university and had the pleasure of attending two if Mike's kicking Camps when he played for the Colts. He gave me a lot of one on one time, since we shared the same high school football coach and at the time I was a local prospect.

He was literally the reason I became a Colts fan. It was right around then that I started watching NFL football and I have been obsessed ever since.

He was a dick though, even then and even to high school kids. Was the type of guy that needed to feed his ego amongst kids even though he was the #1 kicker in the NFL at the time. One of his clinics he held at his own house, which was basically a mansion, and had official NFL uprights in his backyard with the net and all. It was cool to nail a few FG's through those with him watching. Basically the pinnacle of my life, as now I am just a washed up 36-year old Dad.

Sorry to get OT ...... Go, Colts !!!

o

It ended his Colts career.

He played for the Cowboys in 2006, and he played for the Toronto Argonauts in the CFL 2008.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
CletusPyle (11-22-2022)
Old 11-22-2022, 02:37 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
LOL....now we know the real story, he was sabotaged!
Old 11-22-2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles View Post
o

It ended his Colts career.

He played for the Cowboys in 2006, and he played for the Toronto Argonauts in the CFL 2008.

o
Right. But was there any question that he was our guy before this kick? He was hot-tailed out of town after this one. Pretty sure he was the most accurate kicker in NFL history at the time he was released.
And I remember how Adam was so much better because even though he missed the odd chip shot, he was money when it counted most (save for his last season with us, where Frank's loyalty to him easily cost us a few W's)
The idiot kicker thing aside- Vanderjagt was as good as anyone to do it, but was not clutch in the slightest. His career with the Cowboys I don't think lasted the season, and he punted and kicked for the Argos for a few seasons after that. So yes, the kick the basically ended his career.
The Following User Says Thank You to MeSayDayo For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (11-23-2022)
Old 11-22-2022, 07:19 PM
Historian

Thanked 3,284 Times in 2,026 Posts

Quote:

Right.But was there any question that he was our guy before this kick ??? He was hot-tailed out of town after this one. I'm pretty sure that he was the most accurate kicker in NFL history at the time he was released.

And I remember how Adam was so much better because even though he missed the odd chip-shot, he was money when it counted most (save for his last season with us, where Frank's loyalty to him easily cost us a few W's.)

The idiot kicker thing aside, Vanderjagt was as good as anyone to do it, but was not clutch in the slightest. His career with the Cowboys I don't think lasted the season, and he punted and kicked for the Argos for a few seasons after that. So yes, the kick the basically ended his career.

o

Believe it or not, the Cowboys gave him a 3-year, $4.5 Million contract shortly after he missed that kick with the Colts.

They cut him near the end of his first season with them, eating the remaining 2 years that they owed him.

o

Bert Jones, Johnny Unitas, Earl Morrall ))))))))).lll) Jim Harbaugh, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Colts And Orioles For This Useful Post:
JAFF (11-22-2022)