ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum   ColtFreaks.com Home Page

Go Back   ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum > Indianapolis Colts Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-02-2022, 09:19 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
why would you think that?
Because a lot of the oline issues are communication related. Between QB and Kelly and Kelly along the line. They are getting beat too at times. But they have issues with stunts and blitzes which is mostly just picking up your guy. From what I’ve been hearing on the radio by vets looking at the team they say those issues can get fixed, but it takes time. Usually after a 1/4 or 1/3rd of the season or so. They are showing flashes but not consistency.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chromeburn For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-02-2022), Racehorse (10-03-2022)
Old 10-02-2022, 09:27 PM
Doom -N- Gloom

Thanked 1,139 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
I think this team rebounds in a week or two. Then it will be a mad dash to the end of the season again.
I agree… Stop turning the fucking ball over
The Following User Says Thank You to apballin For This Useful Post:
Racehorse (10-03-2022)
Old 10-02-2022, 09:39 PM
"Still at Work"

Thanked 3,039 Times in 1,866 Posts

KC is back to normal it seems. They're smoking Tampa Bay 28-10 two minutes before halftime in Tampa. Last week's Colts win was a fluke and fraud. KC just beat themselves. We need to flush the majority of the Colts out in the off season...from top to bottom.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:54 PM
Post whore

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,060 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apballin View Post
I agree… Stop turning the fucking ball over
Gotta protect him. I do blame Ballard in that he fucked around with the LT position for three years. Maybe four. You have to have a good player at that position.
Old 10-02-2022, 10:38 PM

Thanked 4,300 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeburn View Post
Because a lot of the oline issues are communication related. Between QB and Kelly and Kelly along the line. They are getting beat too at times. But they have issues with stunts and blitzes which is mostly just picking up your guy. From what I’ve been hearing on the radio by vets looking at the team they say those issues can get fixed, but it takes time. Usually after a 1/4 or 1/3rd of the season or so. They are showing flashes but not consistency.
but they struggle with physically blocking people as well. and can't run block at all
The Following User Says Thank You to omahacolt For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (10-03-2022)
Old 10-02-2022, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck4Reich View Post
It's starting to look like we have too many "I got my money" and don't care players.
BINGO! Right on the money!
But how do you change 'guaranteed money' contracts.
The Following User Says Thank You to CanuckColt For This Useful Post:
Oldcolt (10-03-2022)
Old 10-02-2022, 11:21 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyNorm View Post
I noticed as well. Woods was replaced after his big play and Pierce was switched out after every catch he made (or at least it seemed like).
Yeah, it's like he has this fucking participation trophy model going. Johnny got his play so he's getting his medal, need to get Alec his next, and then we gotta get one for Peggy- oh can't forget that we need to get Hines one too- but not too many, don't want to hurt anyone's feelings that they aren't being included in the group.

He is seriously a fucking stooge.

I know people think I am over the top with my ragging on him, but I just can't help it, he is THAT bad at this shit!

If you watch the other games played, even the really bad teams- Chicago, Carolina, etc... They have their share of plays where someone gets behind the D, hits em' with a slant to the house, a go route, a post, etc... you see them run intentional 2-3 step drop and let it go passes- playing at a fast tempo taking little 5-7 yard gains- even the bad teams do this type of thing.

WE DO NOT! Think about it, in the game thread we sarcastically post "look a quick pass" whenever there is one - because they are that infrequent.

I simply cannot convince myself that between Pittman, Pierce, Dulin, Hines, Campbell and Strachan, we have 6 dudes that just can't get separation- that can't cut inside off the line and be ready to catch a slant in rhythm, I can't believe that if you send Campbell or Hines on a straight streak they can't just run by their corner- I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE WE ARE THAT SHITTY, JUST CAN'T DO IT.

So I bring it back to Frank, to all the fucking substitutions, to the lack of tempo. He's so overbaked this fucking thing it's just charcoal at this point.

His shit must be so fucking programmatic and so static that the opposing DC's just go in, watch the film and say "okay, Hines, Dulin, Pittman, Hines in motion, that's a 10 yard out to Pittman", "Strachan flanked wide right, Cox lined up on the line inside him, that's an in route to Cox so shut it down"; Granson and Cox stacked next to Pryor, run off tackle by Taylor".

Seriously this HAS to be the problem- it has to be. And sadly Frank appears to be so proud of his frankenstein that he can't see that everybody knows what the fuck he is running and so all his fucking mad scientist scheming is getting destroyed, and in turn getting his QB destroyed because they cover up the routes and just crush the line resulting in sacks and hits.

Am I wrong about this, am I wrong that he doesn't seem to be willing to adjust at fucking all? Even the announcers were talking about how "that's Frank Reich" at times, dude must be a terrible fucking poker player, though I am sure he could explain to you how to be a great gentleman at the table and respect his competition and be graceful in losing.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppedWood For This Useful Post:
dwilli57 (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 01:15 AM

Thanked 1,670 Times in 798 Posts
Angry

This game was flat-out decided by turnovers. No mystery.

-Defense had one truly awful drive. Bad in the 1st Qtr, less bad in the 2nd, then TEN had 28 yards in the second half.

-DEF was fucked having to start at their own 28 and 32. FG's would've been nice, but field position is a thing.

-Fries played better than Pinter has.

-I might be wrong, but the OL was bizarre. Murdered in the run game and got bitch-made on a few key pass-rushes, awful... but they were also somehow able to give Ryan a better pocket to sit in most of the game than he had against JAX or KC...

-...as a result, somehow, the pass-game/receiving corps probably looked better than it has so far, especially TE's.

-Last drive of 1st qtr, last drive of 2nd qtr, first drive of 3rd qtr all looked really good from the passing-game.

-Ryan had some rhythm, time and the guys were making some good catches, YAC, it was there.

-But despite moving the ball on our other drives, they were sniped by 3 fumbles, an INT, and a crucial sack on the final drive that made it 4th-and-21.

-Matt Ryan will fumble if you yell at him. It's utterly astonishing. He has 9 in four games, the record is 23.

-At least JT only dropped the ball after 300lbs of Teair Tart crushed his ankle. Tart also made a great play on the INT.

Last edited by ChaosTheory; 10-03-2022 at 01:19 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChaosTheory For This Useful Post:
apballin (10-04-2022), omahacolt (10-03-2022), Racehorse (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 05:05 AM

Looks like they finally broke JT. They’ve been trying their best to do that for two years now.

I personally think Ballard deserves another go, but we need a HC who can take more control. This should be a selling point imo, and give us some leverage in hiring.

Assuming Irsay hires someone competent, they could have more agency in drafting talent and Ballard can serve more as a resource as opposed to the decision maker there (at least in 100% capacity).

I would like to see them work for Payton.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Session For This Useful Post:
ChoppedWood (10-03-2022), Racehorse (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Session View Post
Looks like they finally broke JT. They’ve been trying their best to do that for two years now.

I personally think Ballard deserves another go, but we need a HC who can take more control. This should be a selling point imo, and give us some leverage in hiring.

Assuming Irsay hires someone competent, they could have more agency in drafting talent and Ballard can serve more as a resource as opposed to the decision maker there (at least in 100% capacity).

I would like to see them work for Payton.
Reich looks totally lost on the sidelines, kinda like a deer in the headlights thing !! He has to go !!